[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

14 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

This scares me. What is Allvin and Rutherford offering that would make us the front runners? They must be dangling Willander and/or Lekkerimäki??? 

Dubas may want prospects over picks, but I have a feeling a 1st is involved in our offer for Guentzel and likely Podkolzin as part of it too. Whatever the case I’m not too keen on seeing it through unless it remains in that ballpark. 

That said, PAJR seem to have a solid grasp on whom they target and if they think Guentzel will be a beast in the playoffs for us then so be it. I trust their judgement when it comes to players they have experience with. 
Poor Pearson though hah

11 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wasn’t Jake Guentzel a prospect at one time?  Every player is a prospect until they are not.  What’s the point of drafting a stud like Lekkerimäki if you are going to trade him for a rental?  Makes no sense.  A late first and Hunter B who was a 3rd round pick is fine for a guy like Lindholm.  But trading a talent like Lekkerimäki is nuts unless you are getting a young stud in return…

Yeah. I'd be weary of trading Lekkerimaki. I think something along the lines of DPetey+Podkolzin+Raty could do it though. 

5 hours ago, Metal Face Doom said:

Then unfortunately, you won't get anyone worth trading for unless is a bottom 6.

exactly, these three have better potential to be top 6 than anyone we could trade them for. Be patient people.

Raty

Podz

Lek

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Yeah. I'd be weary of trading Lekkerimaki. I think something along the lines of DPetey+Podkolzin+Raty could do it though. 

So 2 top 6 futures and a top D man for one year run?

Whats wrong with our existing top performing team. If they dont get it this year, I wouldnt mind if we got it next year,

We need these guys on ELC in 2 or 3 years to keep Demko and Boeser on the roster.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Wasn’t Jake Guentzel a prospect at one time?  Every player is a prospect until they are not.  What’s the point of drafting a stud like Lekkerimäki if you are going to trade him for a rental?  Makes no sense.  A late first and Hunter B who was a 3rd round pick is fine for a guy like Lindholm.  But trading a talent like Lekkerimäki is nuts unless you are getting a young stud in return…

sure but our timeline tbh is now to the next 3-5 years.. do we have the time to wait another 3-5 years before he becomes anything if he ends up being anything other than a great prospect?

• Wiener 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Lekkerimäki might literally be in the lineup in the playoffs, nevermind 5 years.  He could be in Vancouver in 2-3 weeks…

lol you are overthinking too much

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Moeknows said:

+ Guentzel - Brock = better????

Brock has had two good years,his rookie and this one.

His deal is done after next season.

Since he is finally playing like he should have and might be a one of best time to trade him is the off season at the draft.

Or next TDL but if he goes back to old ways he's not worth much and we will need cap space next year, best time to trade him.

4 hours ago, cripplereh said:

Since he is finally playing like he should have and might be a one of best time to trade him is the off season at the draft.

Or next TDL but if he goes back to old ways he's not worth much and we will need cap space next year, best time to trade him.

if..if..if...yup trade em when they're playing well...great strategy...so long JT...so long huggy...

• Haha 1

I doubt the Canucks can outbid other interested teams without gutting the future.    I wouldn’t trade our top prospects for a pure rental.   Absolutely love Guentzel though.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, cripplereh said:

WTF trade leading goal scorer that is just getting his rhythm he is a character guy and talented sure had few down years but he is human and been through some personal shit this core has bought in and it is really starting to show and I bet leaves money on table when it comes to a new deal 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, cripplereh said:

its a lateral move tho, we need to add to our top 6 not take anything away. Well maybe Mik but he's really more of a top 9. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

sure but our timeline tbh is now to the next 3-5 years.. do we have the time to wait another 3-5 years before he becomes anything if he ends up being anything other than a great prospect?

What makes you think our timeline is just 3-5 years?

i'd suggest its more likely to be this and next and then in 3 years and for the next 5 years+...,

Once OEL cap is gone we are in Peteys Prime and QHs as well... we are going to cook at that time. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Lemon Face said:

Dont rush in to it.You have old fox on helm.

8 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

As I said, I don't think it gets done...1 player, 2 prospects (that are close) and a draft pick for a RENTAL is a lot but we are talking about Guentzel. 

I'd be happy if someone else signs him at this point TBH.  

All the people fretting about Willander, Lekkerimaki etc should just calm down. Guentzel, while a good player, is a rental (at this time anyway). Just like people here were overpaying in proposals for Zadorov and Lindholm, the reality will be that he should cost about as much as as Lindholm did. The equivalent of a late 1st, a B+ prospect and some spare parts +/-. If it's just prospects Probably one of Raty/Podkolzin, a slightly lesser guy like Bains +/- and some spare parts. Particularly if we're also sending Mikheyev back (who contrary to popular opinion here, DOES have some value... Even if a bit diminished this year while recovering from knee surgery and a bit snake bitten offensively).

Especially when you look at our competition in trade for him. It's not like Vegas has a bunch of "Willanders" they're giving up in trade. That's who we're competing with.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1
  • Wiener 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

All the people fretting about Willander, Lekkerimaki etc should just calm down. Guentzel, while a good player, is a rental (at this time anyway). Just like people here were overpaying in proposals for Zadorov and Lindholm, the reality will be that he should cost about as much as as Lindholm did. The equivalent of a late 1st, a B+ prospect and some spare parts +/-. If it's just prospects Probably one of Raty/Podkolzin, a slightly lesser guy like Bains +/- and some spare parts. Particularly if we're also sending Mikheyev back (who contrary to popular opinion here, DOES have value... Even if a bit diminished this year while recovering from knee surgery and a bit snake bitten).

Especially when you look at our competition in trade for him. It's not like Vegas has a bunch of "Willanders" they're giving up in trade. That's who we're competing with.

I'd be just fine with something like Ratu + lesser pieces not named Willander or Lekkerimaki. 

I do think its Podz that they would want tho, and in that case I would hope we would at least be able to sound out JGs ideas on an extension. If he wants 8+ etc. then nah, pass. 

• Cheers 1

So do y'all think the motivation for Podz call up be a showcase for a potential trade coming up involving him? Losing Podz seemingly would suck to me. Especially if we just get Guentzal the Rental.

I guess it's a toss up betwixt a sip from Lord Stanley or our future. I admit. I'm a tad torn regarding both scenarios.

Silly me though I guess. . A Stanley Cup for the Vancouver Canucks? Duh! What a f*ckin' moron I must be. Of course given the choice it'd be the Cup for sure!

I mean, we can have both a Cup and a bright future, right? 

• Vintage 1

Guentzel will be expensive... I wouldn't mind something along the lines of this:

Mikheyev (15% retained)

Podz

Truscott

Cond. 2025 2nd rd (Becomes 1st if Vancouver makes final)

For

Guentzel

2024 5th Rd

Hurting Podz would hurt, but clearing some of Mikheyev's cap will help supplement the OEL penalty. 

Flame away!

23 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'd be just fine with something like Ratu + lesser pieces not named Willander or Lekkerimaki. 

I do think its Podz that they would want tho, and in that case I would hope we would at least be able to sound out JGs ideas on an extension. If he wants 8+ etc. then nah, pass. 

I do think Podz is on the table.I dont think they would call him up just to play at this important stretch of games

49 minutes ago, aGENT said:

All the people fretting about Willander, Lekkerimaki etc should just calm down. Guentzel, while a good player, is a rental (at this time anyway). Just like people here were overpaying in proposals for Zadorov and Lindholm, the reality will be that he should cost about as much as as Lindholm did. The equivalent of a late 1st, a B+ prospect and some spare parts +/-. If it's just prospects Probably one of Raty/Podkolzin, a slightly lesser guy like Bains +/- and some spare parts. Particularly if we're also sending Mikheyev back (who contrary to popular opinion here, DOES have some value... Even if a bit diminished this year while recovering from knee surgery and a bit snake bitten offensively).

That's kinda along the lines I was suggesting parting with. 

Mikheyev, Raty, Bains and 3rd...probably wishful thinking but it is 4 pieces for a rental (at this Point).

Maybe the 3rd turns into a 1st if he resigns.  

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

I do think Podz is on the table.I dont think they would call him up just to play at this important stretch of games

Seems so. On the plus side tho, if there isn't a deal happening, it appears we have an internal upgrade for the f group.

• Cheers 1

We simply cannot trade away our future for rentals. JG must come with a new contract, and I just don't see how we can fit him in. Will he take the Miller deal? I doubt it, but ya never know. Raty and Podz and Bains are on track to be good depth players for us on very cheap deals. I'm open to stacking our top two lines, but I'm also not so sure about what that would do for our depth in the bottom six, and that scares me a little. Right now, I trust JRPA, but if they sell our farm and can't re-sign the rentals then I'll be switching that opinion in a hurry. Of course, if we win the cup then all is forgiven.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I'm not a huge fan of trading these guys on the cusp of becoming nhl regulars for rentals.  That's how the leafs watered down there team to the point they are signing journeymen to fill in around their stars.  We can add some real guys on elc's to support our stars for a few years and that should be a big advantage during the OEL buyout years.

• Like 1