[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

3 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

So guentzel trade falls through do we still move Lindholm since he thinks he’s a top 6 centre and should be paid like one, I believe this is why we traded so far ahead of the trade deadline to try figuring out a deal if not flip him 

Stick with what we have and let the chips fall where they may if Boston isn't willing to do a straight ahead deal with us

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd rather retain Lindholm and add a lower cost complimentary winger 

Center depth is key come playoff time, he makes us a better defensive team too 

Zucker or Duclair, someone closer to that bracket as opposed to chasing another big fish

We were one of the highest scoring teams in the league prior to the Lindholm trade, I'm not convinced we need Guentzel 

agreed,

I have heard some interviews where Tocchet is a fan of Duclair and familiar with him so could see that being an addition at a likely low cost even perhaps compared to Zucker.

I think Kessel signs and another depth piece or two comes in. 

Back to Duclair, if the Canucks can make it work I would be all for them pushing a multi player move with the Sharks involving Duclair and Rutta. Two solid veterans. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

agreed,

I have heard some interviews where Tocchet is a fan of Duclair and familiar with him so could see that being an addition at a likely low cost even perhaps compared to Zucker.

I think Kessel signs and another depth piece or two comes in. 

Back to Duclair, if the Canucks can make it work I would be all for them pushing a multi player move with the Sharks involving Duclair and Rutta. Two solid veterans. 

He's up to 16 goals as of last night and woukd likely cost a helluva lot less than some of the bigger fish

Add him and Kessel and our forward depth is likely fine

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

So guentzel trade falls through do we still move Lindholm since he thinks he’s a top 6 centre and should be paid like one, I believe this is why we traded so far ahead of the trade deadline to try figuring out a deal if not flip him 

I think it's likely, yes, if Boston does truly want him. Recoup a 1st and a roster player, at least. 

Friedman is on the Jeff Marek show right now "speculating, thinking, feeling" that Carolina is the front runner for Guentzel.

He's suggesting Carolina has the prospects that most appeal to Pittsburgh...THANK GOD

I've never wanted Friedman to be right, more than I do right now. LOL 

Time to pivot JR, get your backup plan in place if you feel you need to do something...BTW, doing nothing is a plan as well. 

Otherwise call Podz back up...we're 2-0 with him in the lineup. Haha 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Are you kidding me? My god this board is painful to read.

Why because some of you lack common sense and critical thinking abilities? The coach and even both players have fucking admitted it. Ever play high level sports? Lots of players on teams don’t get along. Never mind the fact I personally know a player on the team. 🤣

8 minutes ago, NucksNation said:

Why because some of you lack common sense and critical thinking abilities? The coach and even both players have fucking admitted it. Ever play high level sports? Lots of players on teams don’t get along. Never mind the fact I personally know a player on the team. 🤣

BS, I'm calling you out pal. You get all of that as he skates in front of Talbot, after the puck goes in. It was a hard fought game, the team fought hard in the second and third periods.

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I’m glad they are worried about the price for Guentzal, so am I, lol. I’d prefer a smaller add (bottom 6 bruiser) and look at free agency for Petey’s winger or see how Podz does in the top six for a longer look. If Lindholm wants 8+, drive him to Boston.

33 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Friedman is on the Jeff Marek show right now "speculating, thinking, feeling" that Carolina is the front runner for Guentzel.

He's suggesting Carolina has the prospects that most appeal to Pittsburgh...THANK GOD

I've never wanted Friedman to be right, more than I do right now. LOL 

Time to pivot JR, get your backup plan in place if you feel you need to do something...BTW, doing nothing is a plan as well. 

Otherwise call Podz back up...we're 2-0 with him in the lineup. Haha 

Guentzel out? So Sid is still a possibility? Hmmmm! Flashback Olympics. 🇨🇦

1 hour ago, Bardown said:

Sounds like it would be necessary for cap and also to get the assets to flip to Pitts.

it allows us to avoid sending a our key guys 

rumour is it’s Boston taking Lindholm which makes a lot of sense

apparently Lindholm rejected an extension with us too

We'd be fine with cap if Mikheyev is the piece moving out.  Now assets on the other hand... yes, Lindholm could facilitate that part. 

From my perspective, it is largely a lateral move going from a strong defensive centreman like Lindholm to a strong offensive winger like Guentzel.

Really hoping they don't chase Guentzel down a ribbit hole and miss out on someone else that might come in at a cheaper cost. I doubt Toffoli or Zucker is going to cost what the rumored price its gonna cost to get Guentzel.

4 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Really hoping they don't chase Guentzel down a ribbit hole and miss out on someone else that might come in at a cheaper cost. I doubt Toffoli or Zucker is going to cost what the rumored price its gonna cost to get Guentzel.

There is a lot of options here, one name not mentioned or not making waves is Anthony Duclair. Cheaper caphit, expiring contract, great skater and offensive player who has some size.