[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

Just now, Slegr said:

I hope you’re right. I feel it may have been an overlay on Lindholm, but worth the risk at the time. He may still fit in well, and just taking time to adjust.

I could live without Guentzel. He’s smallish, coming off injury, and sure he gets points but look at his line mates. I don’t know if Petey would have any more success with him than Lindholm.

We paid a first and third to dumperoo Cruise Missile. Lindholm cost two very iffy prospects. So pretty much he was a free get. JR/PA will not pay more than what Guentzel is worth. 

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If the Canes are actually willing to pay up with their "better prospects", why isn't the deal done then?

Probably Cane's GM still haggling...there's so much interest Dubas will get the best deal available. It just won't be us unfortunately. 

If Guentzel was made available earlier I'm not sure if we would land him anyway. Sounds like Dubas wants prospects and not picks. 

25 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

That's fine we can circle back on Guentzel in the summer when the cost to aquire is NOTHING.

Guentzel has already said he's prefer the Vancouver as his destination, hard to think he wouldn't talk to them this summer. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If the Canes are actually willing to pay up with their "better prospects", why isn't the deal done then?

I find it hard to believe the Canes will actually move the pieces required for Guentzel. They never buck up when needed and annually sit on the cusp of being a real threat yet balk at asking prices.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Agreed...If they have the better offer and players what are they waiting for?

Sometimes you have to be prepared to call the other teams Bluff...

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Guentzel is out. I’d go after Toffoli. Adding Toffoli plus keeping Lindholm should be enough up front. Maybe add Duhaime to the 4th line as well. 

Suter            Miller            Boeser 

Höglander   Pettersson    Toffoli 

Joshua         Lindholm      Garland 

Duhaime       Blueger        Lafferty 

Can this forward group win the Stanley Cup?

NJD mentioned that Toffoli was off market.

I’d prefer one of your ideas that you mentioned many months back:  Lawson Crouse.  Crouse has term and a great cap hit.  He’s the type of guy that I’d give up one of Lekker or Willander for.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I’d prefer one of your ideas that you mentioned many months back:  Lawson Crouse.  Crouse has term and a great cap hit.  He’s the type of guy that I’d give up one of Lekker or Willander for.  

It’s been reported that New Jersey is open to trading Tofolli.

Edited by J-23
  • Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I think the Nucks better find a way to make this Guentzel deal work.  In an indirect way, they’ve already made it known to Lindholm that they (already) want to move on from him.  😕

Why do you think guentzel is going to move the needle that much?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I think the Nucks better find a way to make this Guentzel deal work.  In an indirect way, they’ve already made it known to Lindholm that they (already) want to move on from him.  😕

how so? I thought he got stitches last game? Did i miss something?

6 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

no.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Why do you think guentzel is going to move the needle that much?

I don't to be honest.  

I just think that with all of these "Canucks are trying to move Lindholm" rumours that have been thrown out there (with Lindholm aware of these rumours), it may have already created a toxic situation since Lindholm now knows that the Vancouver brass don't want him here anymore.......and that perhaps he was nothing more than a potential contingency plan if they had moved Pettersson. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

9 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I’d prefer one of your ideas that you mentioned many months back:  Lawson Crouse.  Crouse has term and a great cap hit.   the type of guy that I’d give up one of Lekker or Willander for.  

Coming To America Bar GIF

1 minute ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I don't to be honest.  

I just think that with all of these "Canucks are trying to move Lindholm" rumours that have been thrown out there (with Lindholm aware of these rumours), it may have already created a toxic situation since Lindholm now knows that the Vancouver brass don't want him here anymore.......and that perhaps he was nothing more than a potential contingency plan if they had moved Pettersson. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

So because the media cooks up a rumour, it's going to be taken as gospel by the player?  I'm sure the lines of communication between player and management are more open than that.  Even if they aren't, EL is a professional 

• Upvote 1

Just now, stawns said:

So because the media cooks up a rumour, it's going to be taken as gospel by the player?  I'm sure the lines of communication between player and management are more open than that.  Even if they aren't, EL is a professional 

Hope you're right.  

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Lindholm is fine, he's a professional on a expiring contract.

Which "should" mean he's gonna want to play his ass off cause he's playing for his next contract.

Any suiters are gonna want to see if he's a playoff performer or if he disappears when the games get tough.

It's in his best interest to play well whether we resign him or not.    

IMO he was traded for skill, depth, defensive game, right handed faceoffs. PP, PK & Insurance....

but he was always a rental IMO unless he clicked and took his game to another level.

Still time left for that to happen I suppose, but the clock is ticking. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Anyone thinking that Alvin and Rutherford are going to stand pat are kidding themselves. 

Greenway incoming in 10, 9, 8.... LOL

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind getting him as a depth move. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Lindholm is fine, he's a professional on a expiring contract.

Which "should" mean he's gonna want to play his ass off cause he's playing for his next contract.

Any suiters are gonna want to see if he's a playoff performer or if he disappears when the games get tough.

It's in his best interest to play well whether we resign him or not.    

IMO he was traded for skill, depth, defensive game, right handed faceoffs. PP, PK & Insurance....

but he was always a rental IMO unless he clicked and took his game to another level.

Still time left for that to happen I suppose, but the clock is ticking. 

I'm more upset with how our coaching staff have used Lindholm thus far.  

For some reason, our coaching staff got it in their heads that we needed our top two lines to be offensive threats.........without fully considering the fact that we were already getting ample secondary scoring from the Joshua line and the 4th line with Hoglander.  There was absolutely no reason to split the Lotto Line.  Pre-Lindholm trade, our 2nd line was useless, but we weren't being hampered in any way.  With Lindholm here, all we needed to do what put Lindholm with Mikheyev and Suter and form an elite shut down line (I am and was of the belief that this line, despite their offensive challenges, consists of three players that are amongst the best defensive players in the league) .  Give Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter the toughest defensive assignments + give the Lotto line more offensive deployment.  It was that simple in my eyes.  

Instead?  Our coaching staff thought it would be fit to have Elias Pettersson and Elias Lindholm form a man on man penis on penis relationship in order to create a baby.  For god knows what fucking reason.  Our 6-7-2 record since the All-Star Break speaks for itself.   The Canucks literally had no problems with secondary scoring whatsoever and they literally create an issue out of a complete non-issue.  

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1

16 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I don't to be honest.  

Brian Lawton reported that the Canucks were trying to re-sign Lindholm and it wasn’t going very far.  So some of this is Lindholm’s doing as well with his contract demands…

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Anyone thinking that Alvin and Rutherford are going to stand pat are kidding themselves. 

gunslinger is just waking up now! Look out GM's better not pick up the phone, a fleece is incoming🤠

• Vintage 1