[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

2 hours ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I'm more upset with how our coaching staff have used Lindholm thus far.  

For some reason, our coaching staff got it in their heads that we needed our top two lines to be offensive threats.........without fully considering the fact that we were already getting ample secondary scoring from the Joshua line and the 4th line with Hoglander.  There was absolutely no reason to split the Lotto Line.  Pre-Lindholm trade, our 2nd line was useless, but we weren't being hampered in any way.  With Lindholm here, all we needed to do what put Lindholm with Mikheyev and Suter and form an elite shut down line (I am and was of the belief that this line, despite their offensive challenges, consists of three players that are amongst the best defensive players in the league) .  Give Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter the toughest defensive assignments + give the Lotto line more offensive deployment.  It was that simple in my eyes.  

Instead?  Our coaching staff thought it would be fit to have Elias Pettersson and Elias Lindholm form a man on man penis on penis relationship in order to create a baby.  For god knows what fucking reason.  Our 6-7-2 record since the All-Star Break speaks for itself.   The Canucks literally had no problems with secondary scoring whatsoever and they literally create an issue out of a complete non-issue.  

Yup

• Thanks 1

Please no to flipping Lindholm. I'm not a Lindholm guy but the optics of acquiring him (through the nose may I add) and then trading him away will turn off a lot of players from going here. Plus I would prefer a defensive center than a scoring winger. Plus, the end result of what we will end up paying for Guentzel would be ridiculous. 

Then we go out in the first round? = laughing stock with nobody wanting to go here + depleted farm. 

Please, don't do it.

• Upvote 1

So Podkolzin gets returned to Abby only to be a health scratch tonight.  That was along with Silovs being scratched, quite inexplicably, for the first time this season.............coincidence-i-think-not.gif.028b31384b7b2ea13fd395d471c109fa.gif

Edited by CaptainCanuck12
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kevlar said:

Please no to flipping Lindholm. I'm not a Lindholm guy but the optics of acquiring him (through the nose may I add) and then trading him away will turn off a lot of players from going here. Plus I would prefer a defensive center than a scoring winger. Plus, the end result of what we will end up paying for Guentzel would be ridiculous. 

Then we go out in the first round? = laughing stock with nobody wanting to go here + depleted farm. 

Please, don't do it.

I don't really mind the optics that much. As what we saw with Vegas success can make people forget the bad press a team has.

But to your other point I'm more worried about how much more this would cost the Canucks to acquire Guentzel. In hindsight Vancouver should just have zeroed in on Guentzel and not Lindholm. I suppose Guentzel would have cost more but now Vancouver paid big for a player that is relatively ineffective and it would have been better to hold your assets to try and get Guentzel instead.

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I really really hope he says out east, if we're officially out on him.

I also want that pud Dubas to regret it and get burned. 

Edited by Bob Long
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

FORGET IT / WE'LL BE FINE!

Seems like teams are charging a premium for us now because Allvin had made them all look silly with all the deals he’s managed to get done.

That and nobody wants to do any top teams any favours unless you’re Vegas.

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I really really hope he says out east, if we're officially out on him.

There's a solid chance but Vegas is a wildcard 

If the Pens want players in the bigs sooner than later both NYR and Carolina are better partners

Just now, Coconuts said:

There's a solid chance but Vegas is a wildcard 

If the Pens want players in the bigs sooner than later both NYR and Carolina are better partners

yep. I really dislike Dubas, hope he gets burned on this somehow. Dweeb. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

yep thats a dumb ask, and and even worse give. 

Hogs a 20+ even strength goal scorer just coming into his own

lekk was just awarded mvp by his club in Sweden - looks like the real deal.

no reason to shuffle off this youth for a potential rental  that might give you 20% more production than Hogz right now.  

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Grandmaster said:

Agreed. Time to move on.

I would do a 1st and a lesser prospect for Toffoli if they take Mikheyev back.

That would leave us enough room to add someone like Greenway and another depth D.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Seems like teams are charging a premium for us now because Allvin had made them all look silly with all the deals he’s managed to get done.

That and nobody wants to do any top teams any favours unless you’re Vegas.

How the fuck is Vegas seemingly still in it for Guentzel? The fuck. 

Season 3 No GIF by The Lonely Island

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Perfect IMO...stops us from mortgaging the future and keeps him out East.

Talk to you in the off season Guentzel.   

I mean, it might be indication that Carolina would be a place that Guentzel would be willing to sign long term. 

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

How the fuck is Vegas seemingly still in it for Guentzel? The fuck. 

Season 3 No GIF by The Lonely Island

This is the exact reason nobody gives them credit for a true cup win tho, can’t cheat and expect respect on your win 

6 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Most likely he is going to Carolina, I expect a deal to be annouced soon. 

They have the assets but are notorious for tire kicking on bigger players then turning around and bargain bin shopping. Be a bit of an uncomfortable thing for the Hurricanes if they pay up.