[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

How the fuck is Vegas seemingly still in it for Guentzel? The fuck. 

Season 3 No GIF by The Lonely Island

Like is there some kind of unknown clause stating teams need to bend over backwards to them when negotiating trades or...

8 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I would do a 1st and a lesser prospect for Toffoli if they take Mikheyev back.

That would leave us enough room to add someone like Greenway and another depth D.

I would part with Podkolzin if Toffoli agreed to an extension. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Pears said:

Like is there some kind of unknown clause stating teams need to bend over backwards to them when negotiating trades or...

Yea... maybe that, or they have competent management.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

Upgrading from Mikheyev to Crouse would require us to package Mikheyev and………..???

Podkolzin, another B grade prospect and a 1st minimum. 

My guess is that PA has made on offer on Guentzel...Pitt has countered, but both are just dug in at this time. Either it will happen last minute, Van will go in another direction, or nothing happens.

Crystal ball says that PA will secure a less coveted top 6 guy (Toffoli type). 

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

Podkolzin, another B grade prospect and a 1st minimum. 

Exactly; term and good contract on Crouse. The price you outlined above is too high for us though IMO. I'd consider Podz + B grade prospect OR a 1st and B grade prospect. The only reason a 1st is in play is the contract OR a btter prospect to shed Mik.

Edited by BC_Hawk
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Pears said:

With Guentzel there are 3 scenarios:

1) he stays and they hope they sign him end of year or trade him before July 1 for negotiating rights

2) he is traded and comes back later to sign with the Pens

3) he is traded to a team that will keep him as a rental or sign him long term. Guentzel has a say on whether he signs long term. This part is what can cost more or less in regards to the trade. 

4 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

Exactly; term and good contract on Crouse. The price you outlined above is too high for us though IMO. I'd consider Podz + B grade prospect OR a 1st and B grade prospect. The only reason a 1st is in play is the contract OR a btter prospect to shed Mik.

Yep. I'm almost certain clearing cap is the hold up right now, otherwise I'm sure we would've seen something by now. 

9 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

If Crouse is coming here, parting with Podz is acceptable 

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Kevlar said:

Please no to flipping Lindholm. I'm not a Lindholm guy but the optics of acquiring him (through the nose may I add) and then trading him away will turn off a lot of players from going here. Plus I would prefer a defensive center than a scoring winger. Plus, the end result of what we will end up paying for Guentzel would be ridiculous. 

Then we go out in the first round? = laughing stock with nobody wanting to go here + depleted farm. 

Please, don't do it.

Again take it FWIW, but Friedman says the three way rumored deal with Lindy going to the B's, DeBrusk going to Pittsburgh and Guentzel to Vancouver is not happening.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bardown said:

If Crouse is coming here, parting with Podz is acceptable 

I agree. Of the players rumored to be available at all, Crouse, Tuch and possibly Vatrano are the 3 I'd be ok giving up Podkolzin for.

That said, I do still believe Podz is well on his way to developing into a Nichushkin type player which makes him extremely difficult to part with.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

That would be my preference. 

Me too.

I'd also like to scoop Greenway to fill DJ's spot if he's going to be out for a significant time....

11 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

David Pagnotta reporting the Rangers upped their offer to possibly Kakko + 1st. Canucks need to look else where.

Sweet... Kakko can join Puljujarvi and they can under preform together. LOL

Actually, stick him on Crosbys line and watch him score 30.

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, zduck14 said:

I agree. Of the players rumored to be available at all, Crouse, Tuch and possibly Vatrano are the 3 I'd be ok giving up Podkolzin for.

That said, I do still believe Podz is well on his way to developing into a Nichushkin type player which makes him extremely difficult to part with.

Agree but Crouse is what he hope Podz can become, and he’s only 26.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

Me too.

I'd also like to scoop Greenway to fill DJ's spot if he's going to be out for a significant time....

Why Toffoli makes more sense is he’s a known entity. He’s lit it up with both Pettersson and Lindholm.

I’m not sure DJ will miss a significant amount of time, but Greenway would still be an upgrade over PDG or Aman.

More depth never hurts.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Why Toffoli makes more sense is he’s a known entity. He’s lit it up with both Pettersson and Lindholm.

I’m not sure DJ will miss a significant amount of time, but Greenway would still be an upgrade over PDG or Aman.

More depth never hurts.

And cheaper and Guentzel will take time to get back into game shape. That can affect his performance in the playoffs 

• ThereItIs 1