[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

6 hours ago, HKSR said:

Agree to disagree. 

I think if Garland is taken off that line and replaced by Hoglander, it won't be as effective.

Mikheyev is on pace for a career year because of his time with Petey.  Lafferty is only 4 points off of Mikheyev's pace playing mostly 4th line minutes.  I'm pretty sure Lafferty would be a perfectly fine replacement. 

I agree. I think Garland is the main player on that third line that stirs the drink. But if Joshua and Blueger aren't coming back, can Garland still be the straw that stirs that drink with two new linemates? 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I agree. I think Garland is the main player on that third line that stirs the drink. But if Joshua and Blueger aren't coming back, can Garland still be the straw that stirs that drink with two new linemates? 

Yup garland makes everything happen with his hustle 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Guntzel… did he impress u in last nights game? I didn’t see him do

too much but that was just one game…

He played 25 minutes and had 8 shots, set up Crosby for multiple chances and a goal 

• Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

I think the ask on Guntzel will be more than PA wants to pay. I watched Crouse last night to see his game. Big kid who skates not to bad. He can control the boards but doesn't drive play that much. Not sure why ARZ would want to move him.

7 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I think we can get Joshua back, but not Blueger.  Either that or we bring back Blueger but not Joshua.  One or the other, but not both.

15 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think we can get Joshua back, but not Blueger.  Either that or we bring back Blueger but not Joshua.  One or the other, but not both.

I think I'd want to bring back Blueger. We have guys like Podz that can step into and learn to replace Joshuas role more easily.

Bluegger will likleybe back on a 3-4 yr contract around what he is getting now maybe with a raise like 2.2 - he's not a 3 million dollar player as of now, Joshua, could get 3 million, on a 5 year deal 

Lafftery is gonna get around 2 million 

Zads not looking like he will get >4 million, his 3.75 looks about right he might get term though like 4 yrs 

Cole might re sign at lower cap for 2 yrs 

45 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think I'd want to bring back Blueger. We have guys like Podz that can step into and learn to replace Joshuas role more easily.

I'd look at Suter replacing Blueger.  The 4th line could be centered by Aman.

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Hate to break up that third line. But I guess we'll have a new third line. If Garland is traded, none of those guys on the third line right now would be there. Would be a brand new third line. I want Joshua and Blueger to come back, love those two guys, and they're fulfilling their roles just perfectly. 

In this theoretical scenario where we upgrade Kuzy to Guentzel, we simply can't afford to keep a $5m player on our 3rd line. Hoglander, still young and developing in to what Garland already is, can replace a lot of what he does, for $1.1m next year. Maybe even allowing us to retain Blueger and Joshua.

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I'd look at Suter replacing Blueger.  The 4th line could be centered by Aman.

Remember we have Raty to replace Blueger, Pods to replace Joshua, Karlsson to replace Lafferty, Bains who is like no one on the roster right now, hogs who needs to move up the lineup, juulsen as a top 6 next year replacing Myers, Hirose who is just seasoning and can replace Cole.   

The kids needs spots to take some of the signing needs away and have entry level contracts on the books to make $ room to sign Petey and Hronek and Z........

As far as Guentzel goes I say no to a first, a prospect and a player for a winger.  Straight up for Kuz?  For Kuz and a sweetener? Okay.  But what we really need is someone who can play C and wing.  

Hopefully the kids go deep in the AHL playoffs this year and get their seasoning and 3 or 4 or them make the team.  We need to cap space.  

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I think the ask on Guntzel will be more than PA wants to pay. I watched Crouse last night to see his game. Big kid who skates not to bad. He can control the boards but doesn't drive play that much. Not sure why ARZ would want to move him.

Looks like the "ask" is a 1st, a top prospect,and a roster player. Early in the process but if that ask holds then no way is it worth it for a rental.

The team doing so well this year, and guys performing above their paygrade, may end up benefitting us with re-signing guys. This team is so close-knit, and it's not going to be a tough decision for Allvin on who to keep but rather the players, as they're going to have to decide if they want to continue playing with this amazing thing we're building and stick together. There's a lot of character in the room, so it won't surprise me if we see guys wanting to stay and each taking a little less just to keep it all together. It might be wishful thinking, but never underestimate the desire to win the Stanley Cup when you have a team full of character - this also applies to Petey.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

7 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Is this thread on the Guentzel I watched last night? Hardly noticed him. No thanks, pass.

He’s a really good player, leading their team in points. Just had a quiet night.

That being said the assets we’d have to give up to acquire him plus the very small chance we’d be able to afford to re-sign him makes it not worth it.

Id rather give up those assets for someone like Eriksson Ek who’s the right age, locked in and would fit a big need for this team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Minny is bottom 10 team,  they might want to start moving out some guys and  bringiing in younger guys.

if Erikson Ek becomes available out of Minny that's the guy I'd want..

26 year old big body C, puts up descent amount of points. $5.25 million signed long term. 

I don't mind giving up a guy like Hogz + pick + prospect for this type of player. 

Or Raty + pick + prospect if Minny wants a young C back...

He'd be our 2C and we can continue to load up the Lotto Line. 

Guentzel would walk after this season because we wouldn't be able to afford him under the Cap. No point giving up a similar package for a UFA winger when you can get a 2C signed long term. 

Problem is Minny would want the moon for Ek. And they should.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Not really interested. Team is good now. Might be a though if we had injuries but that's not the case + assets from us would be going the other way OR 

our one of our top young players not even on the team yet. Nope; the future looks bright the way it is..

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, kettlevalley said:

Remember we have Raty to replace Blueger, Pods to replace Joshua, Karlsson to replace Lafferty, Bains who is like no one on the roster right now, hogs who needs to move up the lineup, juulsen as a top 6 next year replacing Myers, Hirose who is just seasoning and can replace Cole.   

The kids needs spots to take some of the signing needs away and have entry level contracts on the books to make $ room to sign Petey and Hronek and Z........

As far as Guentzel goes I say no to a first, a prospect and a player for a winger.  Straight up for Kuz?  For Kuz and a sweetener? Okay.  But what we really need is someone who can play C and wing.  

Hopefully the kids go deep in the AHL playoffs this year and get their seasoning and 3 or 4 or them make the team.  We need to cap space.  

I don't think Raty is anywhere close to just replacing Blueger.  He would likely be a 4C option to start.

I like Guentzel, but he doesn't seem like the right fit for the team.

Im less concerned getting the best talented players and rather about the right ones. He is very skilled and prolific as a goal scorer, but we need another top six guy who can play a hybrid of center/wing and also be someone that can chase down pucks for Petey/Miller.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I like Guentzel, but he doesn't seem like the right fit for the team.

Im less concerned getting the best talented players and rather about the right ones. He is very skilled and prolific as a goal scorer, but we need another top six guy who can play a hybrid of center/wing and also be someone that can chase down pucks for Petey/Miller.

Someone on the radio today texted in a target 

Joel Erikkson Ek 

from Minny

Hes the first trade target I’ve actually been like ohh I kinda like it.

he’s got size, two pay C that could anchor our second line and play matchups. Gives a lot of flex to our forward group and for when we want to lord up the lotto line

and minny is out of the playoff picture so maybe possible 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Someone on the radio today texted in a target 

Joel Erikkson Ek 

from Minny

Hes the first trade target I’ve actually been like ohh I kinda like it.

he’s got size, two pay C that could anchor our second line and play matchups. Gives a lot of flex to our forward group and for when we want to lord up the lotto line

and minny is out of the playoff picture so maybe possible 

How about Tommy Novak from Nashville? Playing third-line centre right now alongside Cole Smith and Evangelista.

He's 26, 6'1, Centre, Cap hit of $800k, who was at the top of the league in scoring for a chunk of time last year (meaning, for a stretch, he was up there with some of the best in points).

He's not great on the draw (45%), which is obviously something we need help with.

Here's a scouting report on him from CapFriendly from Dec 4 of this year:

Momentum has elevated his status to second line scorer in Nashville.
Motion player. Creative off the rush and via offensive zone entries.
Good stick. Quick catch and release. Doesn't allow goalies to get set.
Positions himself well in traffic areas / boxes out defenders.
Not physical. Doesn't grind down opponents. Quick strike.
Averages around 16:00 TOI - ES and PP.

His cap hit means we could keep Kuzy and Mikeheyev while adding a centre who is right in line with our window. Don't love a lack of physicality, but he has strong compete and smarts in the defensive zone.

7 hours ago, Bob Long said:

He played 25 minutes and had 8 shots, set up Crosby for multiple chances and a goal 

Dang - I stand corrected - I guess i didn’t see that - I was watching the Canucks - 8 shots wow!!! Dude was on fire !!! 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1