[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

lol how is bo not a rental? Did Islander get permission to talk to bo agent prior? No.. so were they gonna be able to guarantee he signs? Same as guentzel how is Pittsburgh suppose to know if you plan on using him as a rental or planning on re-signing him.. every year top rental goes for minimum 1st rounders and a prospect.. not sure why you guys think kuzmenko which is viewed as a cap dump from the Canucks side and a 2nd have value for one of the top rentals. It doesn’t really matter what kuzmenko potential or skill is.. on the Canucks he’s a cap dump.. as he’s rarely playing and eating up 5.5mil cap space. Other teams would be like why would I give you this to help you out and free up 5.5mil for a player that may or may not bounce back?

Maybe they think by trading for Guentzel, that would solve having to rely so heavily on the Lotto line and Blueger line to produce. They're not getting much from the Suter line. Maybe the Blueger line really is the 2nd line.

Say they trade Kuzmenko + for Guentzel, and break up the Lotto line, because Pettersson would now have a high quality winger. 

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Guentzel

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

That looks like 3 lines that could score.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

10 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Maybe they think by trading for Guentzel, that would solve having to rely so heavily on the Lotto line and Blueger line to produce. They're not getting much from the Suter line. Maybe the Blueger line really is the 2nd line.

Say they trade Kuzmenko + for Guentzel, and break up the Lotto line, because Pettersson would now have a high quality winger. 

if we can add another big, fast 4th line winger we could give teams a lot to handle in the playoffs. 

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

46 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

bingo-hans-landa.gif

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, Bob Long said:

if we can add another big, fast 4th line winger we could give teams a lot to handle in the playoffs. 

What about bringing back Motte?

Lafferty - Suter - Motte

Aman

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

What about bringing back Motte?

Lafferty - Suter - Motte

Aman

Motte has trouble staying healthy unfortunately, don't think I'd go back down that road

• Huggy Bear 1

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Motte has trouble staying healthy unfortunately, don't think I'd go back down that road

That's fair.

I'm actually happy with Aman right now as well. He's playing good with Hoglander, and is good on the penalty kill. 

One of the underrated moves made by management in my opinion, still has a lot of time to improve. 

Maybe Kessel? Wouldn't mind having Aman/Kessel as our 12th and 13th forwards. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

yeah, me too. I'd pass on Motte. We need to move on from past Canucks. Get some new blood in here. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Pittsburg is going to want a kings ransom for this player (Guentzel), but I saw last night on HNIC, that he is a point per game player in the playoffs. Hard to argue with those stats, but, is it the Crosby influence? I'm going out on a limb, Tanev will end up in Vancouver. He's a Canuck need, and with Soucy back in the lineup, they've got 8 NHL defensemen at their disposal.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Pittsburg is going to want a kings ransom for this player (Guentzel), but I saw last night on HNIC, that he is a point per game player in the playoffs. Hard to argue with those stats, but, is it the Crosby influence? I'm going out on a limb, Tanev will end up in Vancouver. He's a Canuck need, and with Soucy back in the lineup, they've got 8 NHL defensemen at their disposal.

I think this particular rumour is a smoke screen for whatever plan Allvin really has cooking.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

I think this particular rumour is a smoke screen for whatever plan Allvin really has cooking.

Yup. Did anyone see Allvin stealing Hronek? Allvin will steal another club’s top player, like he did with Hronek, and that player will be a perfect fit. 

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Good point, a bigger mid 20's center would be a nice add, as well as another defenseman. Calgary aren't making the playoffs, and I doubt Nashville will either. I'm not on the Monahan train. He's got a lot of miles.

4 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Good point, a bigger mid 20's center would be a nice add, as well as another defenseman. Calgary aren't making the playoffs, and I doubt Nashville will either. I'm not on the Monahan train. He's got a lot of miles.

We are after Pinto. 

32 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We are after Pinto. 

Now that I would be all over. Big, young, right shot center. Oh ya baby. That's the kind of player you trade some young futures for. If Canucks could do that without losing Lek, Will, Hogs. Do it. Say a first, Pods, Kuz. If Ottawa takes that I'd do it.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hogs and Podz said:

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/staios-shane-pinto-is-a-lot-of-what-we-re-looking-for-in-our-players-1.2067722

Don't think they're looking to move him.  Would take a lot to pry him loose me thinks.

It would, but man, perfect acquisition. You never know what  the Sens are thinking. It just isn't working there and they need to make some changes.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Now that I would be all over. Big, young, right shot center. Oh ya baby. That's the kind of player you trade some young futures for. If Canucks could do that without losing Lek, Will, Hogs. Do it. Say a first, Pods, Kuz. If Ottawa takes that I'd do it.

That's probably a realist trade... But I'd think they'd want a proven forward like Högs instead of Podz or maybe Raty because he's a center.  I would still do it for Högs and bring up Podz.

46 minutes ago, Johngould21 said:

Yea I have zero interest in SM. There's a bit of Habs love on this board that tends to overrate players there.

2 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

That's probably a realist trade... But I'd think they'd want a proven forward like Högs instead of Podz or maybe Raty because he's a center.  I would still do it for Högs and bring up Podz.

Need to give to get, and would hate to lose Hogs, but ya. I may do it as well. 

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Yea I have zero interest in SM. There's a bit of Habs love on this board that tends to overrate players there.

Monahan gets a lot of his points on the PP. At even strength he only has 3 more points than our current doghouse resident Kuzmenko has. And he'd likely be second unit here, so his PP production would most likely drop here too.

• Vintage 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapshot said:

Monahan gets a lot of his points on the PP. At even strength he only has 3 more points than our current doghouse resident Kuzmenko has. And he'd likely be second unit here, so his PP production would most likely drop here too.

He won't stand up physically in Tocc's system.

• Vintage 1