[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

1 minute ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Money in and money out would work too.  Tarasenko and cup winner... Playoff performer and great mentor if they bring Podz up.  This would be a good trade for both sides.

Ya. Taraenko has beem tossed around in trade proposals. I don't think he's worth a first alone. Didn't do much with the Rangers as an acquisition last season. I think he's worth a second alone. 

1 minute ago, Rekker said:

Ya. Taraenko has beem tossed around in trade proposals. I don't think he's worth a first alone. Didn't do much with the Rangers as an acquisition last season. I think he's worth a second alone. 

1st would be for Pinto.  As Pinto is a working towards being a high end second line center that the sens won't let go of easily.  Tarasenko's history/track record = Kuzmenkos youth and potential plus one more year on contract.

13 minutes ago, Hogs and Podz said:

1st would be for Pinto.  As Pinto is a working towards being a high end second line center that the sens won't let go of easily.  Tarasenko's history/track record = Kuzmenkos youth and potential plus one more year on contract.

Pinto is worth more than a first,  hence Hogs or Pods. Yip, Tarasenko = Kuz. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Rekker said:

Now that I would be all over. Big, young, right shot center. Oh ya baby. That's the kind of player you trade some young futures for. If Canucks could do that without losing Lek, Will, Hogs. Do it. Say a first, Pods, Kuz. If Ottawa takes that I'd do it.

Ottawa needs to do something. They stink bad. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I think this particular rumour is a smoke screen for whatever plan Allvin really has cooking.

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Did anyone see Allvin stealing Hronek? Allvin will steal another club’s top player, like he did with Hronek, and that player will be a perfect fit. 

3 hours ago, Johngould21 said:

Good point, a bigger mid 20's center would be a nice add, as well as another defenseman. Calgary aren't making the playoffs, and I doubt Nashville will either. I'm not on the Monahan train. He's got a lot of miles.

2 hours ago, Rekker said:

Now that I would be all over. Big, young, right shot center. Oh ya baby. That's the kind of player you trade some young futures for. If Canucks could do that without losing Lek, Will, Hogs. Do it. Say a first, Pods, Kuz. If Ottawa takes that I'd do it.

2 hours ago, Hogs and Podz said:

Tarasenko and Pinto for Höglander, Kuzy and a 1st?

I'd be all over a Pinto and Zub package from Ottawa.

Sillinger and Peake from a crowded at C Columbus could be interesting as well.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

Really like Guentzal but I hope this isn’t the direction they go to spend their trade chips. We’re fine on winger depth but we could use another center or a RHD would be nice.

Centre would be great but it's going to be hard and expensive replicating a Hronek like deal at C. That either leaves you with less talented mid 6 C's like Monahan, Bjugstad, Jenner etc or older guys like Lindholm that would be expensive to acquire and risky and expensive to extend.

Besides, if it's a winger like Guentzel, it almost certainly means Kuzmenko going the other way... Depth stays the same.

Same with RHD... You add a legit #3RHD, it almost certainly means a guy like Myers going back/out in a separate trade.

4 hours ago, Rekker said:

This alone, although he was probably brought in too late in the season. That's why I hope they move on these deals sooner, than closer to the trade deadline.

• Cheers 1

On 1/28/2024 at 1:16 PM, aGENT said:

Centre would be great but it's going to be hard and expensive replicating a Hronek like deal at C. That either leaves you with less talented mid 6 C's like Monahan, Bjugstad, Jenner etc or older guys like Lindholm that would be expensive to acquire and risky and expensive to extend.

Besides, if it's a winger like Guentzel, it almost certainly means Kuzmenko going the other way... Depth stays the same.

Same with RHD... You add a legit #3RHD, it almost certainly means a guy like Myers going back/out in a separate trade.

Happy International Cat Day GIF

haha yeah

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Happy International Cat Day GIF

haha yeah

I'm pleasantly surprised how afforadble he was to acquire. Here's hoping the extension goes the same way the acquisition cost went!

• Cheers 3

8 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'm pleasantly surprised how afforadble he was to acquire. Here's hoping the extension goes the same way the acquisition cost went!

I asked for this guy and made this post a few days before the trade.. I pretty much predicted the cost correctly...

ofcourse Kuzmenko had to go for cap purposes but I got rest of the cost bang on..

https://www.canucksfanforum.com/topic/1503-trade-canucks-acquire-elias-lindholm-from-calgary-for-andrei-kuzmenko-hunter-brzustewicz-joni-jurmo-2024-1st-and-conditional-2024-4th/?do=findComment&comment=240190

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Cheers 1

23 hours ago, aGENT said:

Let’s not jump ahead of ourselves. Let’s make sure he fits in and makes the team better before we go talking extensions 🙂 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't really understand whats going on with this. The team has Rust locked up well beyond Sid, you'd think this would be a no-brainer. 

I still think it gets done, I think where they're at in the standings may be the hold up though 

They could catch Philly with a few wins

• Vintage 1

30 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't really understand whats going on with this. The team has Rust locked up well beyond Sid, you'd think this would be a no-brainer. 

Pittsburgh is done. They are too old. No top tier young players to take over from the okd guys.. There are going to be some very lean years in Pittsburgh..

He doesn't want to be stuck on a bottom feeder for the rest if his career. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Pittsburgh is done. They are too old. No top tier young players to take over from the okd guys.. There are going to be some very lean years in Pittsburgh..

Not saying what you're saying doesn't have merit. It makes sense, but it's also something I'm sure the media would jump on even if it were not true.

So I'd still take things with a grain of salt at this point. Maybe he wants out. Maybe he doesn't.

29 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

it seemed like from the press he was willing to sign tho. This seems more like a Dubas holdup, no?