[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

23 minutes ago, Pears said:

I'd be happy to give up a package that doesn't include Willander for exactly that reason. Prevent these assholes from cheating the cap and using it to load up again. 

If we gave up our first in 2025 plus Mikhayev and Maybe our second this year it would be a package they’d have to listen to

i don’t like the idea of giving up any top prospects either and tbh there’s no need to go all in this year

teams take a few runs to make it the finals, this year is about learning, getting at least to the second round, and building.

the team that will be going all in will include the core now plus EP2, Lek, Podz, and Willander. We need to build until then and giving up futures is silly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bardown said:

If we gave up our first in 2025 plus Mikhayev and Maybe our second this year it would be a package they’d have to listen to

i don’t like the idea of giving up any top prospects either and tbh there’s no need to go all in this year

teams take a few runs to make it the finals, this year is about learning, getting at least to the second round, and building.

the team that will be going all in will include the core now plus EP2, Lek, Podz, and Willander. We need to build until then and giving up futures is silly

We don't have a first or second this year.

I hope we go for one of Pittsburgh's 2nd tier wingers like Rust, Rakell or Smith. 5m cap hits, we could easily flip them Mikheyev and then add something to sweeten the deal. Not sure what it would cost, surely a pick or prospect, hopefully a 2nd would be enough to get it done. Rust > Smith > Rakell would be nice, adding essentially a 20ish goal scorer to the mix lets us roll 3 solid lines with our centers spread across.

Suter - Miller - Boeser

Rust - Pettersson - Hoglander

Garland - Lindholm - Joshua

Lafferty - Blueger - Bains/PDG

18 hours ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Because Blueger is better and should be a focus of one of the UFAs the Canucks bring back.

Is he truly better if he is going to be getting more than Bjugstad on the open market? You cannot teach size and Bjugs is on a reasonable $2.1mil cap hit through 24/25 while Bluegs is sure to get at least that next season. Plus Bjugs is a righty which is also valuable. 

image.png.8b3d28a4bc0bb2eb6e3d493583205fd6.png

image.png.ee0d9ee8743db1cc0cab56269bf5ec53.png

36 minutes ago, Odjickwillkillyou said:

Is he truly better if he is going to be getting more than Bjugstad on the open market? You cannot teach size and Bjugs is on a reasonable $2.1mil cap hit through 24/25 while Bluegs is sure to get at least that next season. Plus Bjugs is a righty which is also valuable. 

I quite like Bjugstad and he was one of my buy low options for 3C going into last summer. However, between the two of them I would take Blueger at $2.5M over Bjugstad at $2.1M. While Bjugstad has resurrected his career nicely after a few bad seasons, Blueger has consistently been one of the top defensive forwards in the league and I value that.

Also Blueger is two years younger. While he will be looking for a raise I'me sure he also really values security. Something like $2.5M x 3 years is probably enough to lock him down.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I quite like Bjugstad and he was one of my buy low options for 3C going into last summer. However, between the two of them I would take Blueger at $2.5M over Bjugstad at $2.1M. While Bjugstad has resurrected his career nicely after a few bad seasons, Blueger has consistently been one of the top defensive forwards in the league and I value that.

Also Blueger is two years younger. While he will be looking for a raise I'me sure he also really values security. Something like $2.5M x 3 years is probably enough to lock him down.

If we can get Bleugs at 2.5x3 sign me up. Hell if we can get both and play Bjugs as a 4C with Bleugs at 3C since re-signing Lindy does not seem likely I would jump all over that as a stop-gap for next season. Especially if we have Bains on his ELC and re-sign Daks. Would be ideal to have Raty or Podz  in our bottom-6 on their contracts too. 

Hogz - Petey - UFA

Suter>Bains>Podz - Millsy - Boes

Garland - Bleugs - Joshua

Suter - Bjugs - Podz>Bains

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Odjickwillkillyou said:

according to allvin and tocchet, blueger has had an even greater impact in the dressing room than on the ice.

1 minute ago, tas said:

according to allvin and tocchet, blueger has had an even greater impact in the dressing room than on the ice.

Oh yeah I am sure that is one of the big reasons we have had so much team chemistry this season. We need guys like him just like we needed Manny in 2011. Depth guys who provide more than just on-ice performance and can lead the younger guys. 

I hope they’re able to keep Lindholm at 3C because that gives us some very strong center depth.

This management seems to be all about pairs.

Miller-Boeser

Petterssson- ?

Lindholm-Garland

Bleuger-Lafferty/PDG

The last piece of the puzzle appears to be a duo for Pettersson. Hoglander and him have been good but Hoglander is not a play driver. We need another elite player in that spot. A Giroux or a Guentzel could put us over the top.

Suter Miller Boeser

Guentzel Petey Hoglander

Joshua Lindholm Garland

PDG Bleuger Lafferty

• MillerTime 1

I don't think we're going after anyone major up front at this point although we might go for more size on 3rd / 4th line.

I'm looking forward to seeing a post deadline defense of:

Hughes / Karlsson

Zadorov / Hronek (until Soucy comes back)

Cole / Juulsen

Friedman

13 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I don't think we're going after anyone major up front at this point although we might go for more size on 3rd / 4th line.

I'm looking forward to seeing a post deadline defense of:

Hughes / Karlsson

Zadorov / Hronek (until Soucy comes back)

Cole / Juulsen

Friedman

Karlsson 😂😂😂 there no hwayyyy

7 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Nope, here’s a quote from your post: “Maybe our second this year it would be a package they’d have to listen to..”

you referred to a first in 2025 but a second this year (2024).

Oh great! A typo! I said this inatead of next 

do you want a ribbon? 

amazing how you have nothing more productive to do 

always great to focus on anything other than the substance of a post 

Edited by Bardown
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bardown said:

do you want a ribbon? 

Some people can admit mistakes; others get defensive:

you posted something that can’t happen (2024 2nd)

i pointed out the error

you denied making an error

I provided you with your actual quote

rather than acknowledging it, you ask if I want a ribbon

really?

• Wiener 1

Just now, steviewonder20 said:

Some people can admit mistakes; others get defensive:

you posted something that can’t happen (2024 2nd)

i pointed out the error

you denied making an error

I provided you with your actual quote

rather than acknowledging it, you ask if I want a ribbon

really?

You sound like the type going around twitter being a grammar Nazi.

well if we don’t have a second this year, clearly it’s an error or typo 

therefore, you can say “we don’t have a second this year (as you can see my train of thought was 2025), but we could give 2025 and here’s my thought on that suggestion 

instead you worry about what’s clearly a typo and go on and on about it 

go for walk dude 

• Wiener 1

9 minutes ago, Bardown said:

You sound like the type going around twitter being a grammar Nazi.

well if we don’t have a second this year, clearly it’s an error or typo 

therefore, you can say “we don’t have a second this year (as you can see my train of thought was 2025), but we could give 2025 and here’s my thought on that suggestion 

instead you worry about what’s clearly a typo and go on and on about it 

go for walk dude 

Most people who make an error simply say sorry and correct the error. Have a nice life.

Edited by steviewonder20

2 hours ago, Bardown said:

do you want a ribbon? 

Take the loss. Move on. 

• Cheers 1

I don't know how the Canucks could afford Guentzel. Another rental?? 

We're going for rentals, with no promise of a Cup coming home, and we'll be hard pressed against the cap, unable to afford these free agents that are like half the roster. Maybe there's good reason for Petey to hesitate from signing long term. What's the team going to look like next season? Are they going to be winners or losers? 

11 hours ago, DeNiro said:

I hope they’re able to keep Lindholm at 3C because that gives us some very strong center depth.

This management seems to be all about pairs.

Miller-Boeser

Petterssson- ?

Lindholm-Garland

Bleuger-Lafferty/PDG

The last piece of the puzzle appears to be a duo for Pettersson. Hoglander and him have been good but Hoglander is not a play driver. We need another elite player in that spot. A Giroux or a Guentzel could put us over the top.

Suter Miller Boeser

Guentzel Petey Hoglander

Joshua Lindholm Garland

PDG Bleuger Lafferty

I mean, Petey did have Miller on his line for a while, didn't he?