[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

11 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

I would like to keep Lindholm as it takes some of the defensive pressure off JT and allows him to be deployed more offensively, all depends on the ask from Lindys camp I certainly wouldn't sign him to the 9x8 Calgary reportedly offered.

Well, he is right handed center, which we despratley need IMO and he is defesively responsible but if he wants something in the 7-9 million range he needs to produce at much higher rate. I'm not sure you can Ice a lineup with Petey at $11.6 - Miller at $8 mill and a 3rd line center at $7-8 mill though.  I know the production's not the same but would rather have blueger back (1-2 years) at 3 mllion (ish)

Better yet I'd rather have Blueger AND Joshua back for less than we'd have to pay Lindholm. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • MillerTime 1

2 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Well, he is right handed center, which we despratley need IMO and he is defesively responsible but if he wants something in the 7-9 million range he needs to produce at much higher rate. I'm not sure you can Ice a lineup with Petey at $11.6 - Miller at $8 mill and a 3rd line center at $7-8 mill though.  

I know the production's not the same but would rather have blueger back (1-2 years) at 3 mllion (ish)

I think Lindy gets 6.5 -7.5

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Screw said:

I think Lindy gets 6.5 -7.5

For that money he'd need to be ridding shotgun on Petey's line (and producing), probably splitting duties at Center with Petey

Cause you can't pay him that much to be a 3rd line Center.

I suspect someone with lots of cap room like the Blackhawks probably offers him more though. 

Edited by Blitz-Pix

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

For that money he'd need to be ridding shotgun on Petey's line (and producing), probably splitting duties at Center with Petey

Cause you can't pay him that much to be a 3rd line Center,

I agree 100%.    I think his strength is his versatility.   Toch is trying to bump a slumping team.  No way he would be there if the Joshua line was in business.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Well, he is right handed center, which we despratley need IMO and he is defesively responsible but if he wants something in the 7-9 million range he needs to produce at much higher rate. I'm not sure you can Ice a lineup with Petey at $11.6 - Miller at $8 mill and a 3rd line center at $7-8 mill though.  I know the production's not the same but would rather have blueger back (1-2 years) at 3 mllion (ish)

Better yet I'd rather have Blueger AND Joshua back for less than we'd have to pay Lindholm. 

Agreed - Lindholm hasn’t exactly impressed - and he’s gonna ask for a lot 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Cause you can't pay him that much to be a 3rd line Center.

I suspect someone with lots of cap room like the Blackhawks probably offers him more though. 

We need a big bash and crash winger to play with Lindy and Petey - kinda like the West Coast Xpress 2.0

if only Poz was ready - he was supposed to be that guy… a power forward and all…

Edited by I.AM.THE.WALRUS

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Raty has 2 points tonight so far...cmon Pitts, pull the trigger. LOL

Abby and Condors tied 2 -2 in the 2nd period. 

Abby up 4-2 now.

Karlsson is on a tear. Can he be sold as a prospect at 24?

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Agreed - Lindholm hasn’t exactly impressed - and he’s gonna ask for a lot 

How do you know he's going to ask for a lot since he hasn't got many points.

He plays well and should be getting more but teams will laugh if he wants a big pay day.

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Podz, D  Petey, Mik maybe?

I don’t think Guentzel is in the Pitt lineup tonight. Injured?

Not much interested in seeing Bains or Raty going. Will he resign in Vancouver and can we afford him? 

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I don’t think Guentzel is in the Pitt lineup tonight. Injured?

Not much interested in seeing Bains or Raty going. Will he resign in Vancouver and can we afford him? 

Good questions. Mik would have to go to balance the cap but after that I would think Podz would be their main target as Lekkerimaki and Willander have to be untouchable.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, higgyfan said:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nhl/penguins-prefer-prospects-over-picks-for-jake-guentzel/ar-BB1jeYg2

Apparently, Pitts wants prospects over picks.  Making me nervous now that Podz has a call-up.

Podkolzin's probably gone. Might have been called up to showcase him. Timing couldn't have been better no? Less than a week to go before the deadline, and he's called up and there are rumours about Guentzel to Van? I don't know how they can afford to resign Guentzel and most of their UFA's. Blueger's gotta be resigned, as well as Joshua. Lafferty? Is he the odd man out? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Good questions. Mik would have to go to balance the cap but after that I would think Podz would be their main target as Lekkerimaki and Willander have to be untouchable.

Yeah. I think that makes sense. I can see Podkolzin being the guy going the other way to Pitts. He has Evgeny Malkin to learn from - one of the Russian greats. I can see his game taking off being under the tutelage of Malkin. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Will he resign in Vancouver and can we afford him? 

I mean this is the great question right. We're definitely getting older (the roster) with all these rumoured rentals coming our way. 

But I guess it's time to try to punch it - this shouldn't be the only year we're contending - our window is what? 2-3 years? Before a "retool" is on the menu? Willander and Lekkerimaki should be on the roster in that time, no? 

3 hours ago, cripplereh said:

How do you know he's going to ask for a lot since he hasn't got many points.

He plays well and should be getting more but teams will laugh if he wants a big pay day.

Someone's gonna give him the big bag. There's always that one dumb GM....

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Abby up 4-2 now.

Karlsson is on a tear. Can he be sold as a prospect at 24?

Probably not. He's probably a depth player in most organizations, no? 

2 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Milky + Podz +Aman+ Karlsson

keep D Petey, willander, Lekk, Bains, Raty 

That ain't even close to getting it done. lol.