[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

4 hours ago, cripplereh said:

How do you know he's going to ask for a lot since he hasn't got many points.

He plays well and should be getting more but teams will laugh if he wants a big pay day.

Well that’s the word on the street is that he’s going to try to ask for a lot…

He had one good year cuz Johnny hockey and Tchuck where his wingers 

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Odds are they'd want something better than Podz imo

I imagine they'd want Lekkerimaki 

There’s prolly 0 chance Pittsburgh will have any conversation with the Canucks if either willander or lekkerimaki isn’t in any of the scenario especially with mikheyev 2 years worth of cap dump going back. There’s literally no Canucks prospect outside of those 2 have massive value. None of them outside the 2 are even in the nhl top 100 prospect not in the nhl

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

There’s prolly 0 chance Pittsburgh will have any conversation with the Canucks if either willander or lekkerimaki isn’t in any of the scenario especially with mikheyev 2 years worth of cap dump going back. There’s literally no Canucks prospect outside of those 2 have massive value. None of them outside the 2 are even in the nhl top 100 prospect not in the nhl

Then no deal. We need those kids.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

i dont think pittsburgh will get what they want.. i don't really see any contenders out there that have the prospect/players that can make an impact right away?? maybe carolina if they want to get rid of kk ++

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

We dumperooed Kuz Missile’s contract onto the Smelly Cowpies and it only took two scrubs. 

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

i dont think pittsburgh will get what they want.. i don't really see any contenders out there that have the prospect/players that can make an impact right away?? maybe carolina if they want to get rid of kk ++

Carolina never makes the needed move to get them into actual Cup contention. 

5 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

Something around Podz and Mik is fair imo if there's no Guentzel extension in place , I don't care what Dubas wants. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Carolina never makes the needed move to get them into actual Cup contention. 

Seems that they finally tried in our case. I wonder if they would have tried to offer sheet Petey?

Seems that they finally tried in our case. I wonder if they would have tried to offer sheet Petey?

Or maybe the whole Carolina offered players and picks for Petey was just a crock of craperolla? 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Or maybe the whole Carolina offered players and picks for Petey was just a crock of craperolla? 

I don't think so, sounds like it was a serious, quality 4 piece deal.

• MillerTime 1

59 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Something around Podz and Mik is fair imo if there's no Guentzel extension in place , I don't care what Dubas wants. 

I would tend to agree with this valuation,  I don't want to trade Podz but I can see the appeal for both sides.

Pitts gets 1 NHL player having a bit of an off season (IMO) locked in for another 2 seasons and a former top 10 pick who's

ready to burst onto the scene on an entry level contract.

They get 2 NHL players for less than a player their going to lose to Free Agencey...

Anything else is to much IMO...I think the asking price may drop as we get closer to the deadline. That's usually the case at the deadline anyway. Calgary was asking a first ++  for Tanev and dropped their asking price as the deadline got closer. 

I would still prefer to add some depth players (forward & D) with some speed, expierence and snarl as opposed 1 offensivly minded star though. Depth is key for a deep run IMO...cause injuries will likely happen.

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • MillerTime 1

10 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I would tend to agree with this valuation,  I don't want to trade Podz but I can see the appeal for both sides.

Pitts gets 1 NHL player having a bit of an off season (IMO) locked in for another 2 seasons and a former top 10 pick who's

ready to burst onto the scene on an entry level contract.

They get 2 NHL players for less than a player their going to lose to Free Agencey...

Anything else is to much IMO...I think the asking price may drop as we get closer to the deadline. That's usually the case at the deadline anyway. Calgary was asking a first ++  for Tanev and dropped their asking price as the deadline got closer. 

I would still prefer to add some depth players (forward & D) with some speed, expierence and snarl as opposed 1 offensivly minded star though. Depth is key for a deep run IMO...cause injuries will likely happen.

I don't really want to lose Podz either, but I could see JR/PA doing something like this. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

then I'd rather not trade for Guentzel and wait until the off-season to sign him. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

Well that’s the word on the street is that he’s going to try to ask for a lot…

He had one good year cuz Johnny hockey and Tchuck where his wingers 

He can ask for whatever he wants the reality is. It's a what have you done lately league. In his past 142 games he has 102 points. roughly a 58point pace  

8 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

then I'd rather not trade for Guentzel and wait until the off-season to sign him. 

I think we're going to need a move like this to get through Dallas.... 

to me the only untouchables from our prospects are Lekkerimaki and Willander. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

That's exactly what I was saying earlier, same situation with Tanev for me.

I realize it could become a bidding war in the offseason but something tells me they will want to sign with a team that has a window to win the cup.

Vancouver should be an enticing destination for some of them in that regard.

Right, but it seems like Pitts would want one of those guys to move a guy like Guentzel. If Pitts wants those two, then I say no, and turn somewhere else. Worse case scenario is we go absolutely all balls in (Willander or Lekkerimaki is traded), and we're left with basically no elite top prospects in the pipeline, and we are bounced in either the 1st or 2nd round. That's not worth it for me, and then we would still have to resign Guentzel to at least make it worth it, or we lose both or one of either Willander and Lekkerimaki for just a few weeks of Guentzel? 

Could you imagine if we trade Lekkerimaki to Pitts, and then Guentzel walks and goes back there? My goodness, what a horrific series of scenarios....

No to all of that. 

Edited by N4ZZY
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Right, but it seems like Pitts would want one of those guys to move a guy like Guentzel. If Pitts wants those two, then I say no, and turn somewhere else. Worse case scenario is we go absolutely all balls in (Willander or Lekkerimaki is traded), and we're left with basically no elite top prospects in the pipeline, and we are bounced in either the 1st or 2nd round. That's not worth it for me, and then we would still have to resign Guentzel to at least make it worth it, or we lose both or one of either Willander and Lekkerimaki for just a few weeks of Guentzel? 

Could you imagine if we trade Lekkerimaki to Pitts, and then Guentzel walks and goes back there? My goodness, what a horrific series of scenarios....

No to all of that. 

I think there's zero risk of us trading Lekkerimaki for Guentzel. We need Lekkerimaki's affordable deal too much. Willander too. 

IF we are getting Guentzel, it has to be around Podz + imo. And maybe we have to miss out. 

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Dallas seems like about the toughest out and they are really coming together. Tanev was a great add. 
We do still feel a top 6 winger short.

• ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

He can ask for whatever he wants the reality is. It's a what have you done lately league. In his past 142 games he has 102 points. roughly a 58point pace  

Well, if he doesn't resign with us, some other GM in the league is bound to be silly enough to offer him close to what he's asking for. I can see him walk for sure. We can't be paying Lindholm 8-9M to anchor the third line. That's absurd and not a good use of the cap or the money that we have. We could find or sign in free agency a better fit than that. And besides, Lindholm hasn't been that great offensively either. If he wants the bag, then he's gotta produce, and he hasn't done that consistenly enough up to this date. 

Just now, Bob Long said:

I think there's zero risk of us trading Lekkerimaki for Guentzel. We need Lekkerimaki's affordable deal too much. Willander too. 

IF we are getting Guentzel, it has to be around Podz + imo. And maybe we have to miss out. 

If it's not those two guys, then I'm not sure who Pitts would want from our prospects pipeline. 

Podkolzin is still young, relatively, but he's also getting to that age where it's make or break (22 years old), no? He's a project for sure at this point, and whether he can regain his NHL form, is another question entirely. I think that's what Allvin and Rutherford are attempting to do with him. I'd miss him leave our organization, but I'd rather him go than Willander or Lekkerimaki go. We need higher end skilled players that are on ELC contracts, and those two guys will be exactly that for us. 

Podkolzin could top out as a complimentary top six player (not a driver on any lines), but realistically, I think he's going to be a middle six (3rd line player), he's going to be a bottom NHL player, which are still useful, but if we had to lose a player like that to gain a player like Guentzel, then I'm okay with that. 

I can't believe that I'm saying this, but I'd also be okay with losing our 2025 first round pick, but no more after that. We can't be going 5 years without any 1st round picks, that's just ridiculous. And Petey's put a lot of faith in management to remain competitive. I'd like to continue to win as a fan of this team. We're not promised anything once we get into the postseason. Yes, anything could happen, but that also means that we could be bounced in the first round as well. 

• ThereItIs 1

8 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Season 5 No GIF by The Office

I agree, but Guentzel is a great player a d realistically he's a player they should be asking for as a team that needs top end youth

6 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Agreed

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

That would be my preference, yes

• MillerTime 1

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Dallas seems like about the toughest out and they are really coming together. Tanev was a great add. 
We do still feel a top 6 winger short.

Jake isn't it. We need a big fast winger. Plus a big fast defender.

Too many people are locked on numbers.

MK has his silly war charts.

Others are ga-ga over goals.

I want the complete package. If you can't score, at least forecheck, win faceoffs, make hits, block shots, screen goalies, make plays, and solid passes.

11 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

If it's not those two guys, then I'm not sure who Pitts would want from our prospects pipeline. 

Podkolzin is still young, relatively, but he's also getting to that age where it's make or break (22 years old), no? He's a project for sure at this point, and whether he can regain his NHL form, is another question entirely. I think that's what Allvin and Rutherford are attempting to do with him. I'd miss him leave our organization, but I'd rather him go than Willander or Lekkerimaki go. We need higher end skilled players that are on ELC contracts, and those two guys will be exactly that for us. 

Podkolzin could top out as a complimentary top six player (not a driver on any lines), but realistically, I think he's going to be a middle six (3rd line player), he's going to be a bottom NHL player, which are still useful, but if we had to lose a player like that to gain a player like Guentzel, then I'm okay with that. 

I can't believe that I'm saying this, but I'd also be okay with losing our 2025 first round pick, but no more after that. We can't be going 5 years without any 1st round picks, that's just ridiculous. And Petey's put a lot of faith in management to remain competitive. I'd like to continue to win as a fan of this team. We're not promised anything once we get into the postseason. Yes, anything could happen, but that also means that we could be bounced in the first round as well. 

Podz, 2025 pick... Id really want an extension in place and Mik going back.

I don’t think we’re in jeopardy of trading any prominent recent 1st round prospect who is “earmarked” to step into a legit role within 2-3 years.

It’s just too prohibitive with cap allocation going forward unless the intention is to recoup a similar prospect somehow within that time frame. We will likely be reliant on 1 or 2 ELC’s after next season to continue progression 

Edited by RWJC
  • Like 2