[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

Faceoffs

Lindholm - 55.8%

Miller - 55%

Pettersson - 49.3%

Petey is now the highest paid center.

This is a teachable thing. A learnable thing and with the contract monkey out of his head he should be able to live up to his full potential.

27 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

One guy is the cause of the losing streak? ha ha ha if only one guy had so much power! He could ask for 20 mil x 8 years!

That's not the point; I didn't say that Lindholm caused the losing streak. The team should be better on paper as Lindholm brings more to the team than Kuzmenko, yet the performance of the team has decreased. Just stating an objective fact. The team has been worse since the trade.

6 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

That's not the point; I didn't say that Lindholm caused the losing streak. The team should be better on paper as Lindholm brings more to the team than Kuzmenko, yet the performance of the team has decreased. Just stating an objective fact. The team has been worse since the trade.

Couple injuries and toch has the lines in a blender for some reason... probably due to some players going ice cold as of late. Tough to play with cohesion when your unsure what your line mates tendencies are. Doubt it has anything to do with the trade imho...

• ThereItIs 1

16 hours ago, I.AM.THE.WALRUS said:

We need a big bash and crash winger to play with Lindy and Petey - kinda like the West Coast Xpress 2.0

if only Poz was ready - he was supposed to be that guy… a power forward and all…

Jack McBain.  Allvin is on the phone with Arizona right now...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

The team has been worse since the all star break you mean.

I think it was a bunch of things, they lost the "who are we to win" attitude and instead have been soaking up all the media giving Canucks attention for the first time.

I think they will be back to basics, and its one game focus.

Also there will be alot of line juggling for a few weeks to figure out where the chemistry or the "Juice" is. I think Lindholm is great as a 3C and we can get 3 top lines and one shutdown line.

That means in the playoffs, out of 3 lines we always have 2 that are paired in a way that is fortunate for us.

• Cheers 1

Just now, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

The team has been worse since the all star break you mean.

I think it was a bunch of things, they lost the "who are we to win" attitude and instead have been soaking up all the media giving Canucks attention for the first time.

I think they will be back to basics, and its one game focus.

Also there will be alot of line juggling for a few weeks to figure out where the chemistry or the "Juice" is. I think Lindholm is great as a 3C and we can get 3 top lines and one shutdown line.

That means in the playoffs, out of 3 lines we always have 2 that are paired in a way that is fortunate for us.

We really need to have 3 lines going for the playoffs.  Miller, Petey, Lindholm and Blueger is as good as it gets down the middle.  So, I'd have those 4 guys centering our lines.  So, we need to add one more winger I think and then wait for Joshua to get back.

Suter            Miller            Boeser

McBain         Petey           Mikheyev

Joshua         Lindholm     Garland

Hoglander    Blueger       Lafferty  

McBain is the big banging bruiser that we need in the top 6.  The other 3 lines will all be solid and then Petey will get his power forward to play with.

I really don't want to spend and arm and a leg for a rental like Guentzel.  We already blew our wad on Lindholm.  I'd rather spend assets on a guy like McBain who can make a difference in the playoffs with his physicality...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Jack McBain.  Allvin is on the phone with Arizona right now...

Interesting… 

What do you think McBain would cost?

3 minutes ago, Sika21 said:

Interesting… 

What do you think McBain would cost?

Our 2025 1st round pick and maybe a prospect too.  He's only 24 so he would be with us and play with the core for a long time.  I'd try him on Petey's wing.  He would be our mini Bertuzzi...

• Confused 2
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Our 2025 1st round pick and maybe a prospect too.  He's only 24 so he would be with us and play with the core for a long time.  I'd try him on Petey's wing.  He would be our mini Bertuzzi...

Can we just do strait across for Mik? We need cap space, our prospects are the future cap space

29 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

We really need to have 3 lines going for the playoffs.  Miller, Petey, Lindholm and Blueger is as good as it gets down the middle.  So, I'd have those 4 guys centering our lines.  So, we need to add one more winger I think and then wait for Joshua to get back.

Suter            Miller            Boeser

McBain         Petey           Mikheyev

Joshua         Lindholm     Garland

Hoglander    Blueger       Lafferty  

McBain is the big banging bruiser that we need in the top 6.  The other 3 lines will all be solid and then Petey will get his power forward to play with.

I really don't want to spend and arm and a leg for a rental like Guentzel.  We already blew our wad on Lindholm.  I'd rather spend assets on a guy like McBain who can make a difference in the playoffs with his physicality...

Part of me wants to switch Suter with Hog

I guess going with the hot hand at the time would work as well

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Well if we threw in Podkolzin we could probably add Mikheyev to the deal...

I think you are under-rating what others think Mkhyeyev is worth...

And you are for sure under-rating what Pdkolzin is worth to the Canucks.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, VintageActualCanuckfan said:

I think you are under-rating what others think Mkhyeyev is worth...

And you are for sure under-rating what Pdkolzin is worth to the Canucks.

I think you are under rating what it would cost to acquire a true power forward. 

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Chicken. said:

Part of me wants to switch Suter with Hog

I guess going with the hot hand at the time would work as well

Would be good, but on the other hand, Hogs was killing it on the 4th line... Good problems.

27 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I think you are under rating what it would cost to acquire a true power forward. 

I dont know where you were scouting from a couple years ago, but Podz is more of a "power forward" and he has been defensively trained now. Training wheels off tonight I hope.

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’m a McBain fan but there 0% chance I’d pay that much. He’s an awesome bottom 6 power forward but he doesn’t do much on offense and never has shown that he can put up numbers. If they came asking for like a 3rd and McDonough, I’m definitely listening. Maybe even a 2nd. A 1st would be awful. 

1 hour ago, Dizzle said:

Sorry… the same Mcbain who has 20 goals in his 138 game NHL career? 6 goals and 17 points in 46 games this year?????? 

Have you lost it? It’s not even like he’s got a high pedigree. He was a third round draft pick in 18. And scored over 20 goals once…. In the OJHL. 

Yes the same McBain who was playing up to 17 minutes a night in the top 6 earlier in the year.  Same guy who is also one of Arizona’s top penalty killers. And he can play centre or wing. And he can also drop the gloves with the heavyweights. He would instantly be our toughest player. He also likes to hit and hit hard. Tocchet would fall in love with this guy. 

Also he’s only 24 and will get better. Teams trade 1st round picks for 3 month rentals. It’s not crazy to pay a first for the type of player that we need. 

41 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Yes the same McBain who was playing up to 17 minutes a night in the top 6 earlier in the year.  Same guy who is also one of Arizona’s top penalty killers. And he can play centre or wing. And he can also drop the gloves with the heavyweights. He would instantly be our toughest player. He also likes to hit and hit hard. Tocchet would fall in love with this guy. 

Also he’s only 24 and will get better. Teams trade 1st round picks for 3 month rentals. It’s not crazy to pay a first for the type of player that we need. 

No Way Mac GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

With all due respect you kind of proved why McBain isn’t worth a 1st+. He has played in the top 6 and has 6 goals on the season. He also has not scored since the new year. I agree he would be a great add, but if we’re sacrificing another 1st round pick, we need to add someone who can help our scoring. McBain in a really good year can maybe be a 20 goal guy but so far he has not shown he can get to that point. Love the grit and toughness and penalty kill ability but not for  a first. 

• Cheers 1

Where was Dakota Joshua when he was 24?  In the AHL?  Joshua didn’t even break out until he was 27. McBain is only 24. He will get much better. 

That is super uncommon. McBain is worth a 4th or a depth prospect. Guy would be hard pressed to be on our 4th line.