[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Oof.  Unless they can include Lindholm, who has been a total fucking stinker, I just don’t want to make this move.  
Selling the whole farm for one run isn’t a good move

People dumping on Lindholm need to chill out. He definitely hasn't been the greatest on the offensive end, but he's still only be with us for 14 games. Tocchet even said he's liked his game and feels like Lindholm just needs more time. This is exactly the reason they went and got him earlier as opposed to at the trade deadline so he could build that chemistry/learn all the systems.

I do agree though that selling the farm for Guentzel/one run isn't wise. I'm sure management is looking at more depth options as opposed to another big trade.

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Oof.  Unless they can include Lindholm, who has been a total fucking stinker, I just don’t want to make this move.  
Selling the whole farm for one run isn’t a good move

We aren't flipping Lindholm just like that because he's struggling to fit in mainly due to not having consistent linemates and only having a handful of home games. Give it up. 

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

We aren't flipping Lindholm just like that because he's struggling to fit in mainly due to not having consistent linemates and only having a handful of home games. Give it up. 

Well, also he's a UFA, which doesn't benefit a team in sell mode. 

I'd keep Lindholm even if it's just for his 55+ faceoff %. That comes in big time handy in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

On Friedman's 32 thoughts he mentioned that Dubas would prefer two prospects vs a prospect and a 1st, they want players who will fit sooner than later 

Maybe one would be Podz, but I question who the other would be

I question the trade value of other forward prospects not named Lekkerimaki, maybe Raty, and that of D not named Willander and Pettersson 

Could see them asking for Hoglander too, he fits the bill as a young NHL forward with upside

Pittsburgh's ask may be what closes the door for us

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/32-thoughts-a-note-on-every-team-to-open-trade-deadline-week/

God I hope so

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

On Friedman's 32 thoughts he mentioned that Dubas would prefer two prospects vs a prospect and a 1st, they want players who will fit sooner than later 

Maybe one would be Podz, but I question who the other would be

I question the trade value of other forward prospects not named Lekkerimaki, maybe Raty, and that of D not named Willander and Pettersson 

Could see them asking for Hoglander too, he fits the bill as a young NHL forward with upside

Pittsburgh's ask may be what closes the door for us

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/32-thoughts-a-note-on-every-team-to-open-trade-deadline-week/

Aman and Podz can play now

Milky + Aman + Podz

But that's too much for a rental, we better sign and there better be some retention 

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A “tiny guy” that was a key contributor in winning a cup.

Last time I checked the reigning conn Smythe winner is a tiny guy.

We need guys that can put the puck in the net.

He also had one of the greatest players in the game feeding him pucks for a decade. Not to take anything away from Guentzel as he is talented, but we shouldn't ignore, that as a goal scorer, having a Hall of Famer and best player of this generation feed you your whole career definitely benefits your numbers.

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

We aren't flipping Lindholm just like that because he's struggling to fit in mainly due to not having consistent linemates and only having a handful of home games.

No shit they aren’t.  
That is quite obliviously not how it works. 

12 minutes ago, Pears said:

Give it up. 

No. 
Lindy might get a bit better, but IMO, he is on a decline or minimally going back to reality after 1 really good season a couple years ago.  
He is going to get severely overpaid and I hope so much that it isn’t us who pays him. 

Also, what 9 million dollar players take 20 games to learn a new system?   Does it mean they are offensively useless for half a season?  
Nope. Scorers are going to score. 
He is asking for way too much. 

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Like 1

Just now, canucks curse said:

Aman and Podz can play now

Milky + Aman + Podz

But that's too much for a rental, we better sign and there better be some retention 

I doubt 24-year-old Aman has much trade value as a prospect, or as an NHL'er

That's a weak trade package for Pittsburgh, especially if they're taking cap back

28 minutes ago, Dom said:

Yup who played with the best in the world in Crosby. Have a feeling this is another Lindholm. 

Plus A LOT of other teams after him - would rather not blow up the prospect pool. 

So you think Crosby has just been carrying him?

And what about our centers. Last time I checked they’re pretty good

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

32 minutes ago, Dom said:

Yup who played with the best in the world in Crosby. Have a feeling this is another Lindholm. 

Plus A LOT of other teams after him - would rather not blow up the prospect pool. 

Again, you don't have multiple 40 goal seasons and be a legitimate playoff performer simply just because of who you play with. I'm almost positive a good chunk of people thought Alex Burrows was just a product of the Sedins until he proved he was still effective playing with Kesler. 

I don't doubt Guentzel is a legitimate player in his own right but I don't see the point in trading even more futures for another rental.

I'd rather go bargain bin shopping (i.e. when we traded for Toffoli in 2020) or let one of our younger players (i.e. Podz) step up and be a playoff contributor if management is not content with our current roster construction.  

Lindholm should be proof that selling the farm for 3 months of play is not a winning strategy. 

• Like 1
  • Tank 1

If we get Guentzel, it'll cost us DPetey.  I doubt PA/JR would unload another 1st.

DPetey (who's value is like a 1st)

Raty (B+ prospect)

Mikheyev

2nd (2025)

++

That would probably be close to getting it done.

1 minute ago, Sell.the.team said:

I don't doubt Guentzel is a legitimate player in his own right but I don't see the point in trading even more futures for another rental.

I'd rather go bargain bin shopping (i.e. when we traded for Toffoli in 2020) or let one of our younger players (i.e. Podz) step up and be a playoff contributor if management is not content with our current roster construction.  

Lindholm should be proof that selling the farm for 3 months of play is not a winning strategy. 

If they trade for a player like Guentzel it won’t be as a rental.

It will be with a long term plan in mind.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Dom said:

What is alternative?PDG?

12 minutes ago, Sell.the.team said:

You didnot sell farm for Lindholm

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

So you think Crosby has just been carrying him?

And what about our centers. Last time I checked they’re pretty good

I agree Guentzel is a very good player on his own, some posters talking like he's Anson Carter. Going from playing with Sid to JT or Petey ain't too shabby if you ask me.

Edited by N7_Gyoza
  • Cheers 1
  • MillerTime 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

If they trade for a player like Guentzel it won’t be as a rental.

It will be with a long term plan in mind.

Yup, we'll be able to keep 1 of Lindholm or Guentzel:

• Cheers 2

Just now, Jaimito said:

Of course it's gonna be VGK.  Then Stone will return in Game 1. 

Sometimes I don't even know why I bother subjecting myself to this clown league.

• Haha 2
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

The advantage Vegas has that we don’t is they have the Stone LTIR money.

Wed have to send Mikheyev back in a deal or make a separate trade.

We have much better prospects though. 

Edited by DeNiro

8 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

If we can dump Mik on them in the deal, I make a Guentzel move in a heartbeat. But like the Lindholm deal. No Lekkerimaki or Willander. Also try keep Podz. 

I don't see Vancouver dumping Mikheyev on anyone. He has played well and will be part of the picture here in Vancouver's Playoff run.

I can see the Canucks signing Kessel, very slight chance they bring another depth physical forward, likely not and more than likely via the trade market add a depth veteran defenseman. The team is pretty set otherwise.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

If it removes Mikheyev and his future cap hit from the lineup, then it's basically 2 birds with 1 stone:

1. Acquiring a top 6 goal scorer.

2. Removing future cap commitment and increasing flexibility for re-signing UFAs/RFAs (read: cap dump).

From that perspective, I can see why PA/JR are considering it. 

I'll gladly sacrifice having to put a stupid Garland avatar on my profile if it means getting Guentzel...   🤨

• Haha 2