[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

You have to assume Pitts would be asking for Hoglander if they're looking for NHL ready players, would be selling high on a player for once. Maybe it'll come down to a package around Mik+Hogz or Mik+Podz....who do we keep and who would we be fine trading? 🤔

1 minute ago, N7_Gyoza said:

You have to assume Pitts would be asking for Hoglander if they're looking for NHL ready players, would be selling high on a player for once. Maybe it'll come down to a package around Mik+Hogz or Mik+Podz....who do we keep and who would we be fine trading? 🤔

I’d trade Podz before Hogs at this point 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

if we knew he was willing to extend here for something reasonable, I'd be OK with it, but it was nice to see Podz last night look like a legit NHL player. 

its a tough one. It would also have to include Mik going back, who I can see Dubas wanting. 

Late 1st round picks are nice and everything, but Podz and Mik help during Sid's window. 

Hogz looked like one of the best players on the ice last night IMO.

Was Mik a Dubas pick in Toronto? He obviously would have some insight into Mik's potential.

1 minute ago, N7_Gyoza said:

I'd rather find a Higgins or Lapierre type player you can insert up and down your line-up, help with the PK, and provide depth scoring.

Those players can also be had for a 2nd-4th round pick.

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Was Mik a Dubas pick in Toronto? He obviously would have some insight into Mik's potential.

I don't want to lose Hogs, he's under contract for just 1.1 mil I think for next year. We need that to overcome the OEL buyout. 

Mik was a Dubas get, and I recall he did want to keep him but we outbid TO.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I'd rather find a Higgins or Lapierre type player you can insert up and down your line-up, help with the PK, and provide depth scoring.

Those players can also be had for a 2nd-4th round pick.

So Lindholm? Haha

6 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

Or surprise 3rd option. Raty instead. I love Raty, but I think his chances at being an NHL center are dropping. He has been used at the wing in the A and has been said by some people to be better on the wing.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

You would you still hate it IF we win the cup…? 

I'd trade anyone to win a cup.  Unfortunately, the cup is not guaranteed.  So, if we win the cup, it doesn't matter.  If we lose the cup, we throw away alot of our future.  It's a high-risk gamble.  Boston lost the gamble last year.

One thing to remember is that Rutherford traded away 5 first round draft picks in Pittsburgh.  He did win two cups.  However, he traded 3 of those first round picks AFTER they had already won 2 cups.  He was obviously looking to extend the window as long as possible.  Here in Vancouver, we are just entering the window.  So not sure Rutherford wants to blow the entire wad on this year's cup run...

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Or surprise 3rd option. Raty instead. I love Raty, but I think his chances at being an NHL center are dropping. He has been used at the wing in the A and has been said by some people to be better on the wing.

Mik and Raty would be perfect for us. And acceptable I think for Pittsburgh. They're not tanking, they can't because of Crosby. They are having the same issues with had with the twins, but he's playing at even a more elite level still. So Mik is appealing I am sure. The question is Raty or Podz vs say Hogs. I would say no to Podz or Hogz... If we have to throw in a second do it but that's my max. Mik/Raty/2nd. Maybe even the 2025 first if we re-sign him instead of the 2nd.

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Raty has played the entire year on left wing.  He has 10 points in his last 10 games.  He could become a top 6 winger in the NHL.  As a centre, he may only top out as a 3C because of all of the defensive duties.  I'd definitely would keep Podkolzin over Raty.  But I like Raty too.  It's difficult to trade good prospects as you already know who they are and are attached to them, versus a draft pick where a player hasn't even been selected yet...

6 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

So Lindholm? Haha

Haha a little bit, but Lindholm is a top-6 player, whereas I'd be looking at a top-9 forward (higgins) or bottom-6 utility player (Lapierre).

12 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

I don't see us trading Hogz, I could see Milky + podz+ one of Aman/karlsson/raty and that pretty much empties our Ahl Canuck prospect winger depth 

1 minute ago, Bardown said:

Mik and Raty would be perfect for us. And acceptable I think for Pittsburgh. They're not tanking, they can't because of Crosby. They are having the same issues with had with the twins, but he's playing at even a more elite level still. So Mik is appealing I am sure. The question is Raty or Podz vs say Hogs. I would say no to Podz or Hogz... If we have to throw in a second do it but that's my max. Mik/Raty/2nd. Maybe even the 2025 first if we re-sign him instead of the 2nd.

I would probably do that deal, even give them McDonough as well so he goes to play with his BFF Rathbone again...

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Also gotta keep in mind that I am pretty sure Vegas can make a Guentzel deal and not take back cap because of Stone's LTIR. They also have most of their picks, only missing this year's 4th rounder and next year's 7th. I am positive they can make a more enticing deal than Mik, Raty and a 2nd. Mik is flatly a cap dump at this point. Negative value at best. They can get so much more for Guentzel than that package.

Edited by JeremyCuddles
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bardown said:

Then it would have to be sign and trade deal.

But that might work if we let Lindy,Myers and other go,plus in the iff season trade a Garland or Brock.

Again is that worth it moving forward.

But rumors say a deal fell apart,does that mean they are asking to much??

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I am positive they can make a more enticing deal than Mik, Raty and a 2nd.

really? I'm not. Yes they can give a late 1st round pick in a weak draft, that won't be around to help Sid. Their prospect pool is trash. No immediate help there. 

1 minute ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Mik is flatly a cap dump at this point. Negative value at best. 

No, he's not. People need to stop with this narrative. 

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

really? I'm not. Yes they can give a late 1st round pick in a weak draft, that won't be around to help Sid. Their prospect pool is trash. No immediate help there. 

No, he's not. People need to stop with this narrative. 

Dude is trash, y'all can keep thinking he's something. But he isn't. His ice time is plummeting along with his production. He has 4 points in his last 19 games. A 5mil dollar 3rd liner, and you think he has value? Lol.

To me this no they want players that can play and make the team next year.

Mik,Podz, McDonough,Woo and someone like Amen.

They would want instead one of our top three prospects like Lekker!I wouldn't do that for a one player that won't be playing next year and we don't have cap room.

9 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Then it would have to be sign and trade deal.

But that might work if we let Lindy,Myers and other go,plus in the iff season trade a Garland or Brock.

Again is that worth it moving forward.

But rumors say a deal fell apart,does that mean they are asking to much??

Wouldn't trade Brock...don't want to sell the farm for a 1 year all in. Small pieces this year

25 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

23 minutes ago, Screw said:

I’d trade Podz before Hogs at this point 

23 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't want to lose Hogs, he's under contract for just 1.1 mil I think for next year. We need that to overcome the OEL buyout. 

Mik was a Dubas get, and I recall he did want to keep him but we outbid TO.

If Hogs is traded, we'd need a top 6 back that has term remaining.  As of this moment, Hogs is one of our most valuable assets.  One of the league's top goal scorers 5v5 at $1.1M.  He's our version of Brandon Hagel this year.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, JeremyCuddles said:

Dude is trash, y'all can keep thinking he's something. But he isn't. His ice time is plummeting along with his production. He has 4 points in his last 19 games. A 5mil dollar 3rd liner, and you think he has value? Lol.

"lol" have a look at his defensive contribution. Yes he's having a snake bit patch, happens. 

"Dude is trash" isn't much of an argument. 

@Miss Korea would you mind re-posting the chart you have on Mik for our friend here?

• Huggy Bear 1

56 minutes ago, TheBearded1 said:

would we be overpaying?   

Pods

Hogs

2nd

ouch

To me, Pods + Hogs together have the potential in the next couple of years to be more impactful than Guentzel, and for many years. Hogs is already having an incredible year given his ice time. No way I'd do that.

• Cheers 1