[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I guess we'll find out just how big Rutherford's balls really are. 

1st for the Canucks has to be 2025; young player has to be Podkolzin, and prospects - Räty, and who else DPetey? Would that get it done? 

I think they'd be asking for Hoglander over Podkolzin, Podz is not a young NHL player, he's still more of a prospect who's looking to grab an NHL spot

Edited by Coconuts

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Let's not forget that Hogs is only 23 years old, and already he's about to score 20+ goals this year with very limited ice time. 

Agreed...I'm hoping Mgmt looks at locking him up for 6-8 years on his next contract. He's signed through next season.

I believe they can start talking about a new contract after this July 1st.  

• Like 2

Just now, Coconuts said:

I think they'd be asking for Hoglander over Podkolzin

Okay. So 2025 1st; Höglander; Räty going to Pitts for Guentzel. Would you do that deal? 

• Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

You wanna pay this? I don't 

The ask and the return never match.

My guess is we’d offer Podz, 2025 1st, and one of our prospects not named Lekkeramaki or Willander.

• Wiener 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Okay. So 2025 1st; Höglander; Räty going to Pitts for Guentzel. Would you do that deal? 

Swap Hoglander for Podkolzin and I’d consider it if it came with an extension.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Wiener 1

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Agreed...I'm hoping Mgmt looks at locking him up for 6-8 years on his next contract. He's signed through next season.

I believe they can start talking about a new contract after this July 1st.  

Same. Lock him up for eight years at something reasonable like 25 million total.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

I have no idea who Kemmel or L'Heureux is. But who would be the equivalent in our organization? 

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

Kemell is #43

L'Heureux not on the list

I don't think either player was on Button's latest top NHL affiliated prospects list.

Kemell has good upside though.  I'd put him above DPetey but less than a Lekkerimaki.

L'Heureux is like Klimovich value in my mind.

6 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I have no idea who Kemmel or L'Heureux is. But who would be the equivalent in our organization? 

Those are two of their top prospects.

So you’re talking about Lekkeramaki and Raty for us.

3 hours ago, Bardown said:

Would people be open to moving Hoglander for Guentzel assuming an extension is in place.

hear me out before you spaz 

Hogs is playing great and I love him, that being said, he’s still getting limited minutes, particularly given his performance. This would suggest he hasn’t fully got Tocchet’s “trust” defensively. They said this on Halford and Brough today. 

as good as he’s been, Guentzel is clearly a much better top 6 winger. He’s proven, in the playoffs as well.

this allows us to sell high, keep podz and upgrade top 6. 

Podz is a much more well rounded player, and will probably be more valuable down the road.

i thought about this today, and I think Hogz being the core piece would address Pens high value ask and probably not hurt us for our run. 

I would miss Hogz, but I think I’d be more worried giving up podz long term. 

and “asset management” we’d be selling high. 

No

there is a quote from a few weeks back from Tocchet explaining why Hoglander isnt getting more minutes, basically saying he loves his play but is being careful of giving him too many minutes before he can physically handle them the way hogz plays. Basically he doesnt want hogz gassing out

Also

hogz is 9th in the league for 5v5 goal scoring and when prorating for g/60 at 5v5 is 3rd in the league

Guentzel isnt going to replace that, he will just be another option on the PP

its more important to get the power play going

if any trade is made it would be better to being in a forward who is defensively responsible and likes to hit hard for the 4th line

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The ask and the return never match.

My guess is we’d offer Podz, 2025 1st, and one of our prospects not named Lekkeramaki or Willander.

Mmm, Guentzel is the most sought after forward on the market and Dubas needs this trade to be a win. I'm not so sure. 

I still think they'd be asking for Hoglander over Podz, he'd slot into their lineup now. Hoglander looks like he could be a top six player, I'm not sure Podz amounts to being more than a bottom six guy. 

Swap Hoglander for Podkolzin and I’d consider it if it came with an extension.

I think if it's 2025 1st, then we don't really have a 1st until 2026 unless management trades that next trade deadline. lol. Where are the prospects coming from if they continue to trade away their potential to trade incoming elite talent that's usually found in the 1st round? 

I think if it's Podkolzin instead of Höglander, then it'll probably be 2025 1st; Podkolzin, Räty and another prospect. 

Those are two of their top prospects.

So you’re talking about Lekkeramaki and Raty for us.

No to Lekkerimäki. He's as untouchable to this organization as it gets. I'll wait until the trade deadline when we can pursue Guentzel for free in free agency. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

Kemell is #43

L'Heureux not on the list

I don't think either player was on Button's latest top NHL affiliated prospects list.

Kemell has good upside though.  I'd put him above DPetey but less than a Lekkerimaki.

L'Heureux is like Klimovich value in my mind.

L’Heureux is 20 and putting up better numbers in the AHL than Podz.

Throw in Svechkov and that’s probably their three best prospects. Other than Askarov but he’s definitely untouchable.

10 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Same. Lock him up for eight years at something reasonable like 25 million total.

Yeah I was thinking something in the 3.5 million range...8 year deal would take him to 32. Good asset mgmt IMO

Extend him in the off -season before he has the chance to put up 30+ goals playing in our top 6 consistently.   

If he has a big season next year it will cost us more in the long run.  

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I think if it's 2025 1st, then we don't really have a 1st until 2026 unless management trades that next trade deadline. lol. Where are the prospects coming from if they continue to trade away their potential to trade incoming elite talent that's usually found in the 1st round? 

I think if it's Podkolzin instead of Höglander, then it'll probably be 2025 1st; Podkolzin, Räty and another prospect. 

too many important future pieces there. We are also not at a stage where we should be going "all in" like that

when you've been knocking on the door of the finals for multiple years that's when you shove your chips in...we have to learn to win in the playoffs first before we start throwing away multiple potential future core assets imho...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Coconuts said:

How much do you want to pay for a rental?

Why would you offer more value in a trade by saying you wanna re-sign him?

My guess is if JR and PA trade for him they’re relying on their past relationship to get a deal done.

Just now, DeNiro said:

Why would you offer more value in a trade by saying you wanna re-sign him?

My guess is if JR and PA trade for him they’re relying on their past relationship to get a deal done.

That's a fair point, I'm hoping he lands elsewhere though. 

5 hours ago, Moeknows said:

if..if..if...yup trade em when they're playing well...great strategy...so long JT...so long huggy...

This group will not pull a Benning and let players walk.

Best thing for Brock is to be signed or traded.His cap hit sucks so trading should be the best bet by next season.

The draft would be the best time,or Garland as we can't afford to keep everyone and need to make room for others coming up.

What doesn't make sense to you????

• Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

L’Heureux is 20 and putting up better numbers in the AHL than Podz.

Throw in Svechkov and that’s probably their three best prospects. Other than Askarov but he’s definitely untouchable.

This is all my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

I believe he's a workhorse.  Would be a great middle 6 or bottom 6 guy.  His skating is not great, which will hold him back.  He doesn't have the size to play his style in the NHL.  Especially without strong skating ability.  I think his ceiling would be middle 6.

Podz skating is much stronger, both acceleration and top end.  Podz shot is better, and obviously Podz has the size to translate his game to the NHL level.  I think Podz ceiling is a top 6 powerforward.

5 hours ago, CaKnuckleYourHead said:

WTF trade leading goal scorer that is just getting his rhythm he is a character guy and talented sure had few down years but he is human and been through some personal shit this core has bought in and it is really starting to show and I bet leaves money on table when it comes to a new deal 

Someone has to go as the oel buyout is going to sting.

Brock or Garland are the two that makes sense.

We will add a couple players from Abby,and try to keep who we can but how does is not make sense to trade Brock or Garland????

You want us to not to be under the cap and have our first taken away???