[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

Just now, Plaguez said:

I've said it before, my targets would be Giroux the Tarasenko.  Not sure Giroux would want to leave OTT but if he did he would be a huge add for this team.

I doubt Giroux leaves, he's a bit unique in that he's always wanted to be a Senator 

After the Panthers acquired him he could have definitely caught on with more competitive teams, he chose to go home

https://theathletic.com/3420245/2022/07/13/senators-claude-giroux-signing-free-agency-nhl/

My expectation is that if we trade for Guentzel he is who mgmt will focus on extending Lindholm will walk or be dealt prior to UFA for a late round pick.

Guentzel is a known quantity to mgmt and RT and will balance out the top 6 scoring more so than Lindholm’s value against his speculated salary expectation. 

Lindholm would make a great 3C but just too much $$ to invest in that role.

That said, if mgmt does pull the trigger and this team falls short in the playoffs, we still have reinforced for next season and can better divide remaining cap around the D corps and bottom 6 F.

12 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

All signs point to taking a run at an extension for Lindholm not set in stone that he is a rental by any means.

Based on his play over his 14 games as a Canuck I’m not sure why they would extend him….the team needed a top 6 forward, not a 3rd line centre.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

You add nothing of value to any conversation. Your comment lacked a point.  Next time when you interject, try to add something substantive. All you have is a "you made a mistake".  We all have and we all do, Grow up. 

🤣 I’ve been called out lots on errors, I def don’t play victim… and crying about it doesn’t change the fact you were WRONG suck it up princess your insecurities are showing 

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Rutherford is a sneaky old fart. I wonder if he's running up the price of someone like Guentzel, and his real target is someone we haven't considered at all. 

Buchnevich

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Rutherford is a sneaky old fart. I wonder if he's running up the price of someone like Guentzel, and his real target is someone we haven't considered at all. 

you do realize he has already convinced Sid to request a trade to us in offseason and we will run a team next year with QH, an extended Hronek and Soucy on LTIR and the rest of the roster all Forwards. No 6D chess, we’re talking 16F chess.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

you do realize he has already convinced Sid to request a trade to us in offseason and we will run a team next year with QH, an extended Hronek and Soucy on LTIR and the rest of the roster all Forwards. No 6D chess, we’re talking 16F chess.

Think About It GIF by Identity

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Pears said:

I said this on the post game the other night (texted in)

Sat laughed it off in his response on air 

I was right about us going at Kessel - sat laughed it off

now the same here 

I think Sat should listen to me more often 

Edited by Bardown
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

Bruins have almost no cap space and would have to ship cap out to bring cap in, gotta wonder how that'd work for them, I can see how Lindholm would appeal to them though

Pens would likely have to take Zacha or Debrusk, but I suppose they could try and flip Debrusk giving he's a pending UFA as well

Pittsburgh has 4.5M in space 

Edited by Coconuts

9 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

crazy to flip Lindy.  But this management isn't afraid to adjust and admit errors/misses. 

Nuts if it happens, but I wouldn't put it past them playing one red paper clip and slowly turning Kuz in to Guentzel

Just now, Master Mind said:

If we could pull this off, it'd be a win

To VAN: Guentzel

To BOS: Lindholm

To PIT: cap and futures from BOS

I'd imagine both us and Boston would be paying Pittsburgh, Bruins have one of the weaker prospect pools around the league 

22 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

Based on his play over his 14 games as a Canuck I’m not sure why they would extend him….the team needed a top 6 forward, not a 3rd line centre.

And joining the team mid roadtrip with virtually no practice time will lead to that, I’d hope they have more foresight than to write him off on such a small sample size. Beyond dumb. 

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

If we could pull this off, it'd be a win

To VAN: Guentzel

To BOS: Lindholm

To PIT: cap and futures from BOS

When the Canucks & Boston meet in the Finals, does Lindy rediscover his scoring touch and burn us? 

14 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

crazy to flip Lindy.  But this management isn't afraid to adjust and admit errors/misses. 

I guess the thinking behind the Lindholm deal was they didn't believe they could resign Pettersson, and needed a legit 2C... when Pettersson signed, Lindholm was no longer a need. 

Absolutely bananas though. 

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'd imagine both us and Boston would be paying Pittsburgh, Bruins have one of the weaker prospect pools around the league 

Marc McLaughlin, like Podz/Bains was recently called up in BOS (and scored in his first game up)... wonder if he'd qualify as one of the lesser "near ready prospects".

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And joining the team mid roadtrip with virtually no practice time will lead to that, I’d hope they have more foresight than to write him off on such a small sample size. Beyond dumb. 

His stat line on the Canucks is worse than it was on the Flames.  These are high performing athletes and it should not take 14 games, nearly 20% of the season, to adjust to a new system.  If anything Lindholm has looked worse recently, which should not be the case as there should now be a degree of comfort with the new team and knowledge of coaches systems (0 points, -5 in his last 8 games).

• Haha 1