[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I’d prefer just Lindholm tbh 

Yep.

Too much tinkering and looks panicky to the rest of the players.

You know he would immediately find his game in Boston too…

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And joining the team mid roadtrip with virtually no practice time will lead to that, I’d hope they have more foresight than to write him off on such a small sample size. Beyond dumb. 

I'd also take Lindholm ... imagine a scenario of Game 7 of a 3-2 hockey game, Canucks short handed and lead with 20 seconds remaining, face-off on the dot to the right of Demko.  Who's going in for the draw?

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Marc McLaughlin, like Podz/Bains was recently called up in BOS (and scored in his first game up)... wonder if he'd qualify as one of the lesser "near ready prospects".

That'd be a bit of a stretch imo, he'll be 25 in July and the pedigree ain't there as an undrafted guy, his point totals don't blow anyone away either 

I'll spitball though

To Vancouver

Guentzel

To Boston

Lindholm

To Pittsburgh

Vancouver 2025 1st

Jake DeBrusk (who is later flipped)

Fabian Lysell

D Petey

Boston 2025 3rd

Pittsburgh takes the cap to make it work in Debrusk, instead of Boston paying Vancouver they end up paying Pittsburgh to take DeBrusk and to bring the overall cost down for Van 

Both Guentzel and Lindholm sign extensions, DeBrusk's 4M going out covers the Lindholm extension 

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

This group will not pull a Benning and let players walk.

Best thing for Brock is to be signed or traded.His cap hit sucks so trading should be the best bet by next season.

The draft would be the best time,or Garland as we can't afford to keep everyone and need to make room for others coming up.

What doesn't make sense to you????

I don't get trading BB. Based on his season his Cap doesn't suck. I for one believe he has overcome the physical and personal issues from the previous couple of years and will be a 30+ goal scorer for the next few years and he only just turned 27. I would like to see him reigned for 4 more years if they can do it for around his current cap hit and without any no trade clauses just to hedge bets. 

Garland sure if they can geyt an up grade,,but unlikely as things stand now

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

That'd be a bit of a stretch imo, he'll be 25 in July and the pedigree ain't there as an undrafted guy, his point totals don't blow anyone away either 

I'll spitball though

To Vancouver

Guentzel

To Boston

Lindholm

To Pittsburgh

Vancouver 2025 1st

Fabian Lysell

D Petey

Boston 2025 3rd

Pittsburgh takes the cap to make it work in Debrusk, instead of Boston paying Vancouver they end up paying Pittsburgh to take DeBrusk and to bring the overall cost down for Van 

I think that's a bit too much.  Pittsburgh would run off like bandits.

Lysell and DPetey have the value of a late 1st.  So we're talking 3 1st round picks, Debrusk (a very good middle 6 to top 6 forward), and a 3rd.

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'll spitball though

To Vancouver

Guentzel

To Boston

Lindholm

To Pittsburgh

Vancouver 2025 1st

Fabian Lysell

D Petey

Boston 2025 3rd

That would mean Vancouver paid Kuz,2 1st, a 4th (3rd), and 3 prospects for Guentzel. Doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I think that's a bit too much.  Pittsburgh would run off like bandits.

Lysell and DPetey have the value of a late 1st.  So we're talking 3 1st round picks, Debrusk (a very good middle 6 to top 6 forward), and a 3rd.

I did say I was spitballing, and crazier things have happened, look at what Tampa threw at Nashville for Jeannot 

But Boston needs to move out cap for it to work, maybe lessen the overall cost for each team a bit but I do think DeBrusk would have to go for it to work 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'll spitball though

To Vancouver

Guentzel

To Boston

Lindholm

To Pittsburgh

Vancouver 2025 1st

Fabian Lysell

D Petey

Boston 2025 3rd

Both Guentzel and Lindholm sign extensions, DeBrusk's 4M going out covers the Lindholm extension 

Wow canucks would give up alot to get Guentzel in the end. 2 firsts, hunter, kuz, a fourth and jurmo. 

No thanks 

22 minutes ago, Pears said:

Im leary of making a flip to be honest.

I get that Lindholm hasn't flourished offensively but I feel since his addition, JT's game has taken off with less responsibilities and allowed a more balanced approach up front.

I like the idea of Lindholm being our shutdown guy better than Blueger. Idk, im not super big of moving on from Lindholm but I also get why they would. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Im leary of making a flip to be honest.

I get that Lindholm hasn't flourished offensively but I feel since his addition, JT's game has taken off with less responsibilities and allowed a more balanced approach up front.

I like the idea of Lindholm being our shutdown guy better than Blueger. Idk, im not super big of moving on from Lindholm but I also get why they would. 

Me too. It's just so nice having management who's capable of identifying mistakes and quickly moving on from them. We'd still be in really good shape with Petey-Miller-Blueger-Suter down the middle. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And joining the team mid roadtrip with virtually no practice time will lead to that, I’d hope they have more foresight than to write him off on such a small sample size. Beyond dumb. 

I'd prefer Guentzel over Lindholm. Not dumb at all IMO

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I did say I was spitballing, and crazier things have happened, look at what Tampa threw at Nashville for Jeannot 

But Boston needs to move out cap for it to work, maybe lessen the overall cost for each team a bit but I do think DeBrusk would have to go for it to work 

Not criticizing you.  Just thought it was a bit too much for Pittsburgh.  I don't think Guentzel is worth much more than Lindholm.  I could maybe see Vancouver adding a 3rd or 4th to Lindholm to acquire Guentzel.  The price Boston needs to pay for Lindholm would probably be Debrusk, Lysell, and a 1st.

So ...

VAN:

Guentzel

BOS:

Lindholm

PIT:

Debrusk

Lysell

1st (BOS)

3rd (VAN)

I mean if intentional that would be kind of crazy evil genius…

Not only would we have kept other Western teams like Colorado from acquiring the top center on the market, we’d snatch Guenztel from teams like Vegas and Nashville.

My only question is how much more would Guenztel cost on top of what Boston sends us? We’re already in for a 1st and a pretty good prospect. How many more pieces do we have to add?

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I'll spitball though

To Vancouver

Guentzel

To Boston

Lindholm

To Pittsburgh

Vancouver 2025 1st

Fabian Lysell

D Petey

Boston 2025 3rd

I don't think we have to give up a 1st and DPetey on top of Lindholm for Guentzel

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Penguins Hoping To Trade Guentzel By Tomorrow

March 5th, 2024 at 2:05pm CST • By Brennan McClain

TSN’s Darren Dreger is reporting that the Pittsburgh Penguins are hoping to have a trade-in place for forward Jake Guentzel by tomorrow evening. The news is significant as it confirms that the Penguins are committed to moving out Guentzel to bring younger pieces into the organization.

In the report, Dreger indicates that the Penguins are looking for a first-round pick, a young NHL-caliber player, as well as prospects. TSN’s Chris Johnston is also reporting that the teams looking to acquire Guentzel are not interested in pursuing a contract extension and are purely viewing him as a rental.

Just reading this article, there's even a thought that Pitts And Guentzel would like to resign in summer. At this price I don't think we should do this again. If Podz or hogs And 2025 1st plus a B prospect or two.. man our pool getting pretty shallow. 

8 minutes ago, N7_Gyoza said:

That would mean Vancouver paid Kuz,2 1st, a 4th (3rd), and 3 prospects for Guentzel. Doesn't make sense to me.

7 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

Wow canucks would give up alot to get Guentzel in the end. 2 firsts, hunter, kuz, a fourth and jurmo. 

No thanks 

Overall, yes. But the Lindholm trade was a separate transaction. Kuzmenko was neutral value at best. The best part we gave up for Lindholm was the 1st, whatshisname the prospect, probably wasn't going to sign here. 

Lindholm doesn't cancel out Guentzel for Pittsburgh, they won't want him and Boston has limited buying power in terms of picks and prospects. If both Vancouver and Boston are getting players they want one has to think that Pittsburgh is likely getting picks/prospects back. I have a hard time seeing us just giving up Lindholm in a three way trade, he hasn't looked as good as Guentzel has this season. 

I did say I was spitballing. 

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Not criticizing you.  Just thought it was a bit too much for Pittsburgh.  I don't think Guentzel is worth much more than Lindholm.  I could maybe see Vancouver adding a 3rd or 4th to Lindholm to acquire Guentzel.  The price Boston needs to pay for Lindholm would probably be Debrusk, Lysell, and a 1st.

So ...

VAN:

Guentzel

BOS:

Lindholm

PIT:

Debrusk

Lysell

1st (BOS)

3rd (VAN)

Maybe, maybe not, but when comparing their production I would say that Guentzel is probably worth more. 

I reckon we'd be giving up more than just a 3rd on top of Lindholm, I reckon we'd be giving up a solid prospect. That return only gives them Lysell as a player who probably plays sooner than later, they probably aren't getting a top notch prospect for DeBrusk, who they would likely flip.

Maybe throw D Petey in there instead of the 3rd, maybe we get a little back from Pittsburgh on top of Guentzel to even the scales. But I'm operating under the impression that both teams would be paying for players they'd keep, not for rentals.

Edited by Coconuts

I would be entertained if this happened…

Lindholm hasn’t fit well yet, maybe he would after a while… but maybe not.

If it ends up basically being a swap where similar assets from from Boston for Lindholm go to Pittsburgh for Guentzel I would be up for it.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I don't buy this for a second. 

I hope you’re right. I’d like to see us add Guentzel, a winger that can hit and will fight if he has to and a reliable #6 D-man. 

And I think we should go all in. F the future. 

Just now, Northern_Nuck said:

I hope you’re right. I’d like to see us add Guentzel, a winger that can hit and will fight if he has to and a reliable #6 D-man. 

And I think we should go all in. F the future. 

its TO horse shit. Clickbait Johnson. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1