[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

Just now, fanofvan said:

So we gave up all those assets for a 3C who can win some draws in the playoffs?  Seems like a steep price for a niche player.

Why are you ignoring his entire career? 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I think both can be true. He can be a good player who hasn't seemed to fit here and could potentially be flipped for an even better player (albeit not C) that might fit better.

Both can definitely be true. Teams can call, but if they really wanted Lindholm, our management team would likely ask for a big overpayment. They targeted Lindholm as the guy they wanted and got him, so I can see them giving Lindholm the remainder of the season + playoffs. That's also exactly why they went out and got him early so that Lindholm would have more time to get acclimated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

It's literally their job.

People are freaking out about "how it would look" to flip a guy we just acquired but their ENTIRE job is to build the best team, not to worry about optics over making the best moves.

The optics argument is garbage. The original deal was made to win, nothing has changed. You make a deal to be better and win. I'm guessing EL is still here after the deadline but who knows. Boston may really up the anti and I would want management to listen. 

• Vintage 2

4 minutes ago, fanofvan said:

So we gave up all those assets for a 3C who can win some draws in the playoffs?  Seems like a steep price for a niche player.

Lindolm's value isn't just being a a C that can win some draws. Lindholm is very good defensively as well which we will definitely need. I liken it to how important Ryan Kesler was for us in the 2010 cup run. Lindholm is also only playing 3C right now cause the bottom 6 have struggled greatly. Once Joshua comes up, I'd like to see Lindholm moved back into the top 6.

Lindholm's offense hasn't been great, but he's only 14 games in and has time to sort that out.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Why are you ignoring his entire career? 

He’s had 2 season where he was a PPG player…over the other 8 seasons (not counting this year), he’s averaged 44pts.  If what the Canucks gave up could have gotten them Guentzel, I’m taking him.

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Overall, yes. But the Lindholm trade was a separate transaction. Kuzmenko was neutral value at best. The best part we gave up for Lindholm was the 1st, whatshisname the prospect, probably wasn't going to sign here. 

Lindholm doesn't cancel out Guentzel for Pittsburgh, they won't want him and Boston has limited buying power in terms of picks and prospects. If both Vancouver and Boston are getting players they want one has to think that Pittsburgh is likely getting picks/prospects back. I have a hard time seeing us just giving up Lindholm in a three way trade, he hasn't looked as good as Guentzel has this season. 

I did say I was spitballing. 

Not just probably openly wasn't going to sign here. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Not just probably openly wasn't going to sign here. 

Which I find odd. Would of been nice to hear Lindolm gush a little more about being here? Zadarov was over the moon, when on and on. Meh, maybe I'm reading too much into it. 

9 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Which I find odd. Would of been nice to hear Lindolm gush a little more about being here? Zadarov was over the moon, when on and on. Meh, maybe I'm reading too much into it. 

Not Lindholm was referring to Brzustiewicz

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Moeknows said:

I don't get trading BB. Based on his season his Cap doesn't suck. I for one believe he has overcome the physical and personal issues from the previous couple of years and will be a 30+ goal scorer for the next few years and he only just turned 27. I would like to see him reigned for 4 more years if they can do it for around his current cap hit and without any no trade clauses just to hedge bets. 

Garland sure if they can geyt an up grade,,but unlikely as things stand now

I really think BB has peaked.I don't see him getting better or maintaining his rate.He has three years of prime left so last season under contract is the best for the team as it's a team game and as management to look at trading him at the draft.

Say he has maybe two more good years that's good but we need players younger and he would get us one if not two that will help.

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Gotta tell ya; If it happens. I aint gonna be sad about it..

I'll be in shock.  Would be one of the crazier moments in Canucks history.

• ThereItIs 1

27 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I really think BB has peaked.I don't see him getting better or maintaining his rate.He has three years of prime left so last season under contract is the best for the team as it's a team game and as management to look at trading him at the draft.

Say he has maybe two more good years that's good but we need players younger and he would get us one if not two that will help.

Say he has 5 more good years is just as likely...Your wisdom surpasses that of Mr. Bean. wasting no more time on such silly conjecture.

24 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Gotta tell ya; If it happens. I aint gonna be sad about it..

I haven't been all that impressed with Lindholm. Defensively solid and I agree with many that the right side faceoff prowess is a plus. I feel part of what was wanted in acquiring Lindholm was a someone to play with EP and the two haven't shown any chemistry. EP and Guentzel? Maybe management feels this would be a stellar duo. JT and BB, EP and Guentzel would be interesting to see to say the least. 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Rekker said:

I haven't been all that impressed with Lindholm. Defensively solid and I agree with many that the right side faceoff prowess is a plus. I feel part of what was wanted in acquiring Lindholm was a someone to play with EP and the two haven't shown any chemistry. EP and Guentzel? Maybe management feels this would be a stellar duo. JT and BB, EP and Guentzel would be interesting to see to say the least. 

Agree with that, just not sure Lindholm fits in our top 6 as he hasn't seemed to mesh with Petey, which is where we need(ed) the upgrade. And I think "ideally", you have Pettersson driving his own line (not on the lotto line)...with at least one better player other than Suter, Mik, Hog etc (no disrespect to them but they're probably more accutrately "3rd line" players/at best complementary guys in the top 6). 

That or maybe go full match up Mik, Lind, Suter (with Pettersson on Lotto). Wouldn't expect them to score a tonne, but that wouldn't be their job. Get them out there as much as possible against the other team's 1st/2nd line and free up the lotto line and the Joshua/Blueger/Garland line (when Joshua is back).

Or just trade him for Guentzel 😂 Petey-Guentzel would be a LEGIT pair to tandem with Miller-Boeser. Plug in complementary guys (Hogs/Suter/Mik) on wing as needed/fit.

Edited by aGENT

33 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Think Boston wants to move debrusk so maybe we get him and Genz in a bigger trade three team trade.

I think the idea would be Lindholm to BOS, Guentzel to VAN, Debrusk and futures to PIT.

41 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Think Boston wants to move debrusk so maybe we get him and Genz in a bigger trade three team trade.

if we moved Mikheyev and Lindholm (presumably plus prospects/futures) and got Guentzel and Debrusk back I think we are a better team