[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

At this point with asking prices they way they are I'd prefer to do nothing. Getting Soucey, Joshua and everyone healthy is an upgrade IMO.

Getting our 3rd line back together, which drives play and puck possesion (Joshua, Blueger, Gnarly) helps get our other lines going again.  

If PA/JR wanted to be sneaky I'd keep negotiating with Dumass on Guentzel...

Then call Buffalo and say here's a package for Alex Tuch can we get something done?

I'd rather get a player with a little term that fits our window...if we're gonna have to give up good players/prospects. 

Then call Dumass back and say keep Guentzel...we'll talk to him in the offseason. At this point, I feel like we're the ones driving the asking price up on him.    

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

At this point with asking prices they way they are I'd prefer to do nothing. Getting Soucey, Joshua and everyone healthy is an upgrade IMO.

Getting our 3rd line back together, which drives play and puck possesion (Joshua, Blueger, Gnarly) helps get our other lines going again. IMO   

Then call Buffalo and say here's a package for Alex Tuch can we get something done?

I'd rather get a player with a little term that fits our window...if we're gonna have to give up good players/prospects. 

Then call Dumass back and say keep Guentzel...we'll talk to him in the offseason. At this point, I feel like we're the ones driving the asking price up on him.    

Buffalo already said they're not dealing tuch

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Getting our 3rd line back together, which drives play and puck possesion (Joshua, Blueger, Gnarly) helps get our other lines going again.  

Thing is that we need to get that 2nd line going and if you can pair Petey with Guentzel you get a 1 -2 punch with 2 solid scoring lines.

The price possibility for Guentzel is making me nervous. I’d be pretty happy with Tofolli for a lower cost personally… but also wonder what range he’ll end up going for.  

9 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I'm inclined to agree.

For me, the wild card in this--and I never thought I'd be saying this--is Kessel. I think the top 6 needs a boost. Is he actually someone who can haul his ass out of retirement midseason and contribute significant production (enough to outweigh his defensive deficiencies)? 

If so, that's money for nothin'.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Thing is that we need to get that 2nd line going and if you can pair Petey with Guentzel you get a 1 -2 punch with 2 solid scoring lines.

Guentzal only has 3 more goals than high, no?

Just now, stawns said:

Buffalo already said they're not dealing tuch

I know but sometimes things change, can't hurt to check in again. 

If they say "No" move on...as I stated I not opposed to standing pat this season.

I wouldn't mind seeing what we got with Podz the rest of this season...His game seems built for the playoffs.

Perhaps even Lekkerimaiki who's season is over in a week or two. Try him out on Petey's line before the end of the season and see if there's chemistry   

• Cheers 1

Just now, Blitz-Pix said:

I know but sometimes things change, can't hurt to check in again. 

If they say "No" move on...as I stated I not opposed to standing pat this season.

I wouldn't mind seeing what we got with Podz the rest of this season...His game seems built for the playoffs.

Perhaps even Lekkerimaiki who's season is over in a week or two. Try him out on Petey's line before the end of the season and see if there's chemistry   

I think they should stand pat as well, for what it's worth 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

I agree, I wouldn't mind seeing Hoglander stick there, seems like a little chemistry... maybe try Podz

9 minutes ago, stawns said:

I think they should stand pat as well, for what it's worth 

It's not even standing pat...our aquisitions we're done earlier in the season...before these TDL asking prices started getting crazy. 

• Cheers 1

Not keeping up with all the reports and rumors, but it sounds like Dubas is asking for the moon for Guentzel. I trust JR/PA not to overpay, but I am kind of scared with the price cause it sounds like we want this guy badly. 

It's also possible teams will just walk away and Pens is forced to lower the price or end up empty handed. I'd be happy with a second option like Toffoli. 

I like the comment I believe from frank corrado it was saying guentzel wasn’t available during the Lindholm trade also someone brought up lindholm was pettersson insurance they don’t need anymore, makes a lot of sense for Canucks, if he was willing to sign…I’d be 100% on board 

• Cheers 2

Dubas is gonna wait too long and Guentzel’s price will drop.  Feels like the Chychrun fiasco.  Price was sky high, then fell at the TDL.

• MillerTime 1

58 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I like the comment I believe from frank corrado it was saying guentzel wasn’t available during the Lindholm trade also someone brought up lindholm was pettersson insurance they don’t need anymore, makes a lot of sense for Canucks, if he was willing to sign…I’d be 100% on board 

thanks. This makes some sense of the situation. 

I posted in another thread that perhaps as mgmt was looking to set up their pieces for the TDL and their options, maybe any extension talks with Lindholm’s reps didn’t go far and so it’s about maximizing on their investment. 

Good speculation for banter anyway. 

I could see us still make a deal here. Have heard rumors that they may look at flipping Lindholm and based on performance so far, I would say that it's something that JR may work with Alvin to engineer. He's been known to trade for a player and flip them within 2 months because he doesn't think that it's working out.

6 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I could see us still make a deal here. Have heard rumors that they may look at flipping Lindholm and based on performance so far, I would say that it's something that JR may work with Alvin to engineer. He's been known to trade for a player and flip them within 2 months because he doesn't think that it's working out.

by chance did you hear the rumours in the 4 page thread right above this one that's dedicated to them?

1 minute ago, tas said:

by chance did you hear the rumours in the 4 page thread right above this one that's dedicated to them?

Actually, no, was radio this afternoon. I don't normally pay much attention to radio local media, but JR has a reputation for doing this with guys he acquires but decides they aren't working out.

1 minute ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Canucks not generating any ozone time but bleeding away giveaways and allowing LA right up the middle.

Don't like how passive this team is.

So instead of getting stronger and tougher, they got softer? LA's a dark horse in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Wing said:

Not keeping up with all the reports and rumors, but it sounds like Dubas is asking for the moon for Guentzel. I trust JR/PA not to overpay, but I am kind of scared with the price cause it sounds like we want this guy badly. 

It's also possible teams will just walk away and Pens is forced to lower the price or end up empty handed. I'd be happy with a second option like Toffoli. 

Kind of reminds me Benning and OEL, and how badly Benning wanted OEL, that he basically made a bad deal because of how desperate he was. I hope that's not Allvin and Rutherford here with Guentzel. 

2 hours ago, Dizzle said:

The price possibility for Guentzel is making me nervous. I’d be pretty happy with Tofolli for a lower cost personally… but also wonder what range he’ll end up going for.  

Or maybe Vatrano from the Ducks? Is he still available?