[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

8 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

There is a lot of options here, one name not mentioned or not making waves is Anthony Duclair. Cheaper caphit, expiring contract, great skater and offensive player who has some size. 

I didn't think of him. Wonder if he's considered available, and if so, what the price would be.

1 hour ago, JayDangles said:

My observation is that the chemistry is mostly nonexistent amongst the majority of the Canucks. I think there are some players who are close with others, but theres a real lack of team feeling. Its so noticeable if people actually stop and look. For example, every time Miller scores, including last night, he is smiling and hugging everyone, except Petey. Every time Petey comes over to congratulate Miller, he gives him a tap and zero eye contact and zero smiles. Miller never celebrates with Petey. If folks dont believe me go ahead and rewatch the OT celebration last night. I've seen the same reaction many times.

I'm not saying this is a major issue, but it is definitely something that exists and is noticeable.

I guess what I'm saying is that bringing someone new like Guentzel or Kessel into the room wont hurt the chemistry. Maybe its about trying to rebuild some chemistry.

1 hour ago, NucksNation said:

I notice this all the time too. Petey looked almost disappointed that Miller scored the winner. “Some guys need a break from each other” - Tocchet when he split up Miller/Boeser and Petey/Hughes on different pp units. I don’t think it’s a huge deal, but not ideal for a long playoff run.

Why would Pettersson sign for 8 years if he thought it meant sharing a dressing room, travel, ice time, meals and everything else imaginable with a toxic situation. 

If it was a problem you can bet it was discussed amongst his agent and his advisers/friends. If it was a bad as you suggest he would have been advised to move on and not sign. Petey is no dummy, he’s here because he’s comfortable here.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

Why would Pettersson sign for 8 years if he thought it meant sharing a dressing room, travel, ice time, meals and everything else imaginable with a toxic situation. 

If it was a problem you can bet it was discussed amongst his agent and his advisers/friends. If it was a bad as you suggest he would have been advised to move on and not sign. Petey is no dummy, he’s here because he’s comfortable here.

Because Petey still wants to play here, and raise his family here. There can be a strained relationship between some of the players, and yet they all still prefer to be here. Both can exist at the same time. 

12 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Because Petey still wants to play here, and raise his family here. There can be a strained relationship between some of the players, and yet they all still prefer to be here. Both can exist at the same time. 

If that’s the case , which we can’t confirm, then I would say there’s no problem.

ETA, I’m sure you know Elias isn’t married and has no children. He’s 25 and doesn’t strike me as the type that’s in a hurry to have children. He seems to be focused on his career and improving his skills more than anything. 

Edited by Barnstorm

2 minutes ago, Barnstorm said:

If that’s the case , which we can’t confirm, then I would say there’s no problem.,

Well, I'm not saying its a major problem, but it is a problem.

Answer me this..... Do you honestly see any chemistry on the ice?  Or do you honestly see the guys out there playing for each other?

If you watched the team from 2009-2012 you will know what I'm referring to, and whats missing.

The chemistry appears to ebb and flow. This teams core has a few highly competitive men, extremely driven to win. I see lots of unity and happiness amongst the whole team when winning and I see some dejection when they are struggling. 

it would seem natural that their moods  fluctuate with winning and losing . I think Miller and Pettersson appreciate each other more than we know as each one is crucial to the team winning. 

I reiterate imo Petey isn’t here for raising children. He’s here because he’s happy , likes his group and likes the direction things are moving in. 

1 hour ago, Barnstorm said:

Cmon man everything is possible now days.Earth is flat.🤪

15 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Well, I'm not saying its a major problem, but it is a problem.

Answer me this..... Do you honestly see any chemistry on the ice?  Or do you honestly see the guys out there playing for each other?

If you watched the team from 2009-2012 you will know what I'm referring to, and whats missing.

Chemistry is about style of hockey they play.Not about if they love each other.What a bull

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Chemistry is about style of hockey they play.Not about if they love each other.What a bull

Clearly you have never played team sports at a competitive or high level. Your statement is bull.

Also I didnt say anything about love, so worry less about trying to exaggerate and more about whether you are correct.

How players interact with each other off the ice will always have an impact on the ice. Maybe not every shift, or even every game, but trust me it impacts it.

37 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Clearly you have never played team sports at a competitive or high level. Your statement is bull.

Also I didnt say anything about love, so worry less about trying to exaggerate and more about whether you are correct.

How players interact with each other off the ice will always have an impact on the ice. Maybe not every shift, or even every game, but trust me it impacts it.

My point is if you cant prove something ,dont shit about it.And i did play team sport.You making gossips out of your ass.

4 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

My point is if you cant prove something ,dont shit about it.And i did play team sport.You making gossips out of your ass.

Whats your deal? Do you always spazz out and swear at people when you disagree with them?

It's not gossip, its real. Here's a direct quote from Miller on his relationship with Pettersson

We're still working at it. We're completely different people, you know what I mean? You're not going to be BFFs with everybody, but at the same time, you come to work together. We are polar opposite in a lot of ways, but we're working at it. We've come a long way.”

I stand by my statement because I've played enough sports to know its an accurate statement. I'm guessing you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. So really, I'm talking from a place of experience, backing it up with on ice observations and information both Petey and Miller have shared publicly, and youre throwing a mini tantrum trying to attack me because you dont like it? 

Also spacebar is your friend.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, JayDangles said:

Whats your deal? Do you always spazz out and swear at people when you disagree with them?

It's not gossip, its real. Here's a direct quote from Miller on his relationship with Pettersson

We're still working at it. We're completely different people, you know what I mean? You're not going to be BFFs with everybody, but at the same time, you come to work together. We are polar opposite in a lot of ways, but we're working at it. We've come a long way.”

I stand by my statement because I've played enough sports to know its an accurate statement. I'm guessing you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. So really, I'm talking from a place of experience, backing it up with on ice observations and information both Petey and Miller have shared publicly, and youre throwing a mini tantrum trying to attack me because you dont like it? 

Also spacebar is your friend.

Yes .We are totally 2 different people.That what it is.It is not i dont like you ,or i hate to play with you .Every player have 2-3  friends,nothing more.What do you want from them?To hold hands?I dont have deal,use spelling,might be your best friend.Reed properly what Miller said

Edited by Lemon Face

13 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Where did you hear that?

Nick Horwat
@NickHorwat41
It sounds like the Vancouver Canucks would be Jake Guentzel’s preferred destination
1:38 PM · Mar 6, 2024
·
 Views

27 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not that that really matters.

it does a little bit. dubas is a players' gm, he wants to do right by them. 

Edited by tas