[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

If we can do Lindholm for Guentzel without adding much (a late pick, depth prospect) I’m down.

I still like Lindholm, but lots to love about Guentzel as well.  Other than right handedness, Suter and Bleuger are also pretty good two way Cs so it’s not that much of a need IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, The Duke said:

If we can do Lindholm for Guentzel without adding much (a late pick, depth prospect) I’m down.

I still like Lindholm, but lots to love about Guentzel as well.  Other than right handedness, Suter and Bleuger are also pretty good two way Cs so it’s not that much of a need IMO. 

That's the thing...we need a legit top 6 running mate to play with Petey. It's our biggest, most obvious roster need. If EL doesn't fit there, and we're only going to play him as "3C" on this roster, we're better off with Guentzel, or someone like him. It's nothing against EL, he's a good player.

I don't think it costs us much over Lindholm to get Guentzel. The big pieces would come from Boston (or the Rangers who are also reportedly interested). We maybe add a depth prospect and a mid pick.

• Cheers 1

Rb2ZpO0n_normal.jpg

Guentzel update: Not definitive, but sounds like teams in mix are CAR, FLA, NYR, VAN and VGK. Unless something changes, belief is FLA + VAN have made strong push but don’t have goods to pull it off. Of note: VGK could potentially create more cap room if Martinez goes on LTIR.

I swear their just pointing this out to piss people off at this point. LOL

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Sounds like Pittsburgh won't budge and wants Lekkerimaki, 25' 1st and Mikheyev for Guentzel.

No thanks hard pass. Scary hearing this.

Swap out Lekkerimaki for Raty ?

Yeah im nauseous about the whole thing 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Sounds like Pittsburgh won't budge and wants Lekkerimaki, 25' 1st and Mikheyev for Guentzel.

Yea I’d include anyone except Lekkeramaki and Willander.

Podkolzin, Raty, D-Petey, Silovs. Take your pick.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Sounds like we're the front runners and Guentzel would prefer to be here.  Dubass is just holding out hoping we'll give in.

Be prepared to walk away JR, Guentzel will call you this summer about playing in Vancouver. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

But wasn’t the rumour involving Boston?

So wouldn’t it be Boston not giving enough to acquire Lindholm?

20 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Hugeeee pass on that

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

It’s okay. Let’s trade for Toffoli and Roslovic and keep Lindholm. We will need Lindholm to shutdown other teams top players anyways in the playoffs.

Tofolli - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Pettersson - Lindholm

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Lafferty - Suter - Roslovic

Edited by J-23

1 minute ago, J-23 said:

It’s okay. Let’s trade for Toffoli and Roslovic and keep Lindholm. We will need Lindholm to shutdown other teams top players anyways in the playoffs.

Tofolli - Miller - Boeser

Hoglander - Pettersson - Miller

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Lafferty - Suter - Roslovic

Psst..check your lineup 

• Huggy Bear 1

28 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Yeah if that's the ask for a RENTAL, ummm no.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Hell no..that would be a dumb trade...but I am ok getting rid of potential prospect Raty and Mikheyev for Guentzel. 

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Really like that this management group will not be foolish and overpay in a trade. They stole Hronek. They stole big Z. The gave up nothing to get Lindholm. This is a smart group. Than Goodness Benning, the Moran, is no longer doing his usual stupid things. 

i didn't think we were going to get Guentzel when there's so much interest around the league. Canes can overpay for him.

Need to shift gear to the next target...

• ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)

Guentzel is out. I’d go after Toffoli. Adding Toffoli plus keeping Lindholm should be enough up front. Maybe add Duhaime to the 4th line as well. 

Suter            Miller            Boeser 

Höglander   Pettersson    Toffoli 

Joshua         Lindholm      Garland 

Duhaime       Blueger        Lafferty 

Can this forward group win the Stanley Cup?

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Wing said:

i didn't think we were going to get Guentzel when there's so much interest around the league. Canes can overpay for him.

Need to shift gear to the next target...

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If the Canes are actually willing to pay up with their "better prospects", why isn't the deal done then?

Edited by aGENT
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Really like that this management group will not be foolish and overpay in a trade. They stole Hronek. They stole big Z. The gave up nothing to get Lindholm. This is a smart group. Than Goodness Benning, the Moran, is no longer doing his usual stupid things. 

I hope you’re right. I feel it may have been an overpay on Lindholm, but worth the risk at the time. He may still fit in well, and just taking time to adjust.

I could live without Guentzel. He’s smallish, coming off injury, and sure he gets points but look at his line mates. I don’t know if Petey would have any more success with him than Lindholm.

Edited by Slegr