[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Go get him Carolina, try and take your shot

Not coming to the West is good for van too and doesn't cost them anything

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Hronek said:

I'm more upset with how our coaching staff have used Lindholm thus far.  

For some reason, our coaching staff got it in their heads that we needed our top two lines to be offensive threats.........without fully considering the fact that we were already getting ample secondary scoring from the Joshua line and the 4th line with Hoglander.  There was absolutely no reason to split the Lotto Line.  Pre-Lindholm trade, our 2nd line was useless, but we weren't being hampered in any way.  With Lindholm here, all we needed to do what put Lindholm with Mikheyev and Suter and form an elite shut down line (I am and was of the belief that this line, despite their offensive challenges, consists of three players that are amongst the best defensive players in the league) .  Give Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter the toughest defensive assignments + give the Lotto line more offensive deployment.  It was that simple in my eyes.  

Instead?  Our coaching staff thought it would be fit to have Elias Pettersson and Elias Lindholm form a man on man penis on penis relationship in order to create a baby.  For god knows what fucking reason.  Our 6-7-2 record since the All-Star Break speaks for itself.   The Canucks literally had no problems with secondary scoring whatsoever and they literally create an issue out of a complete non-issue.  

I get what your saying...most teams deploy (or used to) a shutdown line. 

That's what Joshua, Blueger and Gnarly were put together for, they found their grove and started producing at a secondary rate. Oddly enough while not giving up much defensively. Personally I feel that's what's throwing off our lines right now. With Joshua out I feel all the lines have been put into a blender trying to see what other combinations work, without much success. The way that line plays is contagious IMO.

It's made me realize how important Dakota is to this team (and how he plays), I'd make him a priority signing in the offseason.

I didn't think I'd ever say that before his injury, but he feels like a glue guy for this team. JMO though           

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Well, tonight'st the night Pittsburgh said they were going to do the Guentzel deal.  And it's getting pretty late in Pittsburgh........

...so they might run out of time 😉

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Jester13 said:

Nick Horwat
@NickHorwat41
It sounds like the Vancouver Canucks would be Jake Guentzel’s preferred destination
1:38 PM · Mar 6, 2024
·
 Views

Who's this guy anyway?  Bo's illegitimate brother?!

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Perhaps they acquire a piece or two nobody has mentioned yet

I think this is most likely. Nobody knew about Hronek. This management is very tight lipped.

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Perhaps they acquire a piece or two nobody has mentioned yet

Ahh yes, Nathan MacKinnon

The rest of the league will never see it coming, including Colorado 

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I get what your saying...most teams deploy (or used to) a shutdown line. 

That's what Joshua, Blueger and Gnarly were put together for, they found their grove and started producing at a secondary rate. Oddly enough while not giving up much defensively. Personally I feel that's what's throwing off our lines right now. With Joshua out I feel all the lines have been put into a blender trying to see what other combinations work, without much success. The way that line plays is contagious IMO.

It's made me realize how important Dakota is to this team (and how he plays), I'd make him a priority signing in the offseason.

I didn't think I'd ever say that before his injury, but he feels like a glue guy for this team. JMO though           

I’d reunite that line and put Podkolzin with them while Joshua is out. [edit - Podz went back to the -; put PDG there]

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser

Mikheyev-Lindholm-Suter

PDG-Bluegar-Garland

Hoglander-Aman-Lafferty

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blitz-Pix said:

Lindholm is fine, he's a professional on a expiring contract.

Which "should" mean he's gonna want to play his ass off cause he's playing for his next contract.

Any suiters are gonna want to see if he's a playoff performer or if he disappears when the games get tough.

It's in his best interest to play well whether we resign him or not.    

IMO he was traded for skill, depth, defensive game, right handed faceoffs. PP, PK & Insurance....

but he was always a rental IMO unless he clicked and took his game to another level.

Still time left for that to happen I suppose, but the clock is ticking. 

This…

Excited Lets Go GIF