[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He also has a 12 team L-NTC...wonder if some of the teams bidding for him are on it... Be hilarious if that's how we get him for a reasonable offer 😁

hahaha could you imagine? OMG. that would be epic. Dubas comes back to Rutherford with his tail between his legs. 

This is Rutherford if that happens: 

homer simpson licks lips GIF

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

what gives you that impression? 

I just feel like we would have made a different move by now if we had truly moved on. 

• Cheers 1

Allvin must reeeeeeally want Guentzel, he's hanging in there, as if he's scrounging for change in the couch cushions, trying to get a deal done. I just hope he doesn't give up Hoglander or one of the Swedish prospects.  My guess is they'll keep Mikheyev, because no one wants him. 

I think Garland goes today. Has requested a trade, is playing well and has his value up. 

could easily see him as part of a Guentzel trade.

in regard to Mik I think people need to cut him a little slack. Didn’t have a summer/ preseason to train and has lost a step/ energy because of it.i would bet he has a very good next year

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

hahaha could you imagine? OMG. that would be epic. Dubas comes back to Rutherford with his tail between his legs. 

This is Rutherford if that happens: 

homer simpson licks lips GIF

I'm also suspicious of CAR's willingness to add real assets for a rental. Could they? Sure. They've got some solid prospects, perhaps even more/better ones than we do past the not moving Willander/Lekkerimaki. Will they? ...that sure hasn't EVER been their M.O. They're like the NHL poster child for building a really tight, well run, well stocked team...that refuses to get off the fence and actually go for it.

05fc94b7-9ed8-4953-9330-5fb8c1020abb.gif

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I think Garland goes today. Has requested a trade, is playing well and has his value up. 

in regard to Mik I think people need to cut him a little slack. Didn’t have a summer/ preseason to train and has lost a step/ energy because of it.i would bet he has a very good next year

No way we break up that third line or garls and Josh.

Lots has changed since the beginning of the season.

On 3/5/2024 at 1:22 PM, Captain insano said:

🤣 I’ve been called out lots on errors, I def don’t play victim… and crying about it doesn’t change the fact you were WRONG suck it up princess your insecurities are showing 

Such a childish take.  Making a mistake and correcting the mistake with an edit and you're still going on.  Who hurt you?  Making an easy mistake and being wrong are 2 different things, but not surprised such nuance would be lost on you.  But whatever, you do you. Lol. I'll be over here with the other adults.  

Edited by Pure961089

5 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Wasn’t his trade request back in October? Subsequently, I read he was happy here.

Just now, Breadnbutta said:

No way we break up that third line or garls and Josh.

Lots has changed since the beginning of the season.

Haven’t heard anything of garland rescinding his request as Boeser did.

so never say never

5 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I don't think so. That third line is key to the teams success. To beat a team like LA you need a good forecheck and that line is the best in the business. Now offseason? All bets are off as cap space and future cap space will be number one.

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm also suspicious of CAR's willingness to add real assets for a rental. Could they? Sure. They've got some solid prospects, perhaps even more/better ones than we do past the not moving Willander/Lekkerimaki. Will they? ...that sure hasn't EVER been their M.O. They're like the NHL poster child for building a really tight, well run, well stocked team...that refuses to get off the fence and actually go for it.

05fc94b7-9ed8-4953-9330-5fb8c1020abb.gif

So much BS chatter out there and BS " asking prices " etc, I am not convinced the Hurricanes will get off that fence as per their norm. Be surprised if they do.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Probably more of a summer move as his $5m is a luxury we can't afford next season if we hope to actually improve our top 6/top 4 D. We're also likely to lose one, if not both Joshua/Blueger, so that line's not likely going to exist next year anyway.

For now though, I'd let them continue being one of the best 3rd lines in the league.

And agreed on Mikheyev. People have short memories and lack context.

• Like 1

Haven’t heard anything of garland rescinding his request as Boeser did.

so never say never

You obviously don't follow closely enough, then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

So much BS chatter out there and BS " asking prices " etc, I am not convinced the Hurricanes will get off that fence as per their norm. Be surprised if they do.

Yup, I'm sure Dubas would LOVE a Necas ++ package from them....Are they going to do it? Probably not, given their history.

Should they? Probably. There's something to be said for being a consistently well built team for numerous kicks at the can (cup). But eventually you need to actually overleverage some future security for a chance to win now. They're going to start bleeding good players IMO if they're constantly content to be bridesmaids. This summer could severely alter their roster with so many important, pending free agents. If you're not going to go for it now, when? And really, they should have done it last year when they were having a far better season.

I like Toffoli over Guentzel because Toffoli has history with the team and even more recent history with Lindholm.  Toffoli would slide in seamlessly with Lindholm on the 2nd or 3rd line.  Wouldn't be surprised if Lekkerimäki gets a taste of the playoffs. Imagine.

Suter. Miller. Boeser

Toffoli. Lindholm. Podkolzin

Lekkerimäki. Petey. Hoglander

Garland. Blue. Joshua

Edited by Pure961089

1 minute ago, Pure961089 said:

I like Toffoli over Guentzel because Toffoli has history with the team and even more recent history with Lindholm.  Toffoli would slide in seamlessly with Lindholm on the 2nd or 3rd line.  Wouldn't be surprised if Lekkerimäki gets a taste of the playoffs. Imagine a top 9 of.  

Suter. Miller. Boeser

Too soft

24 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

When did Garland request a trade?

8 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I like Toffoli over Guentzel because Toffoli has history with the team and even more recent history with Lindholm.  Toffoli would slide in seamlessly with Lindholm on the 2nd or 3rd line.  Wouldn't be surprised if Lekkerimäki gets a taste of the playoffs. Imagine.

Suter. Miller. Boeser

Garland. Blue. Joshua

Pettersson on 3 rd line.Alf would be proud

27 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

I think the Canucks really have no choice but to keep him and hope that happens. His Cap hit makes him virtually impossible to move, unless we retain and I just don't see that happening, unless the Devils or Pens are high on him for some strange reason.

AS I see it, Mik is snake bitten when it comes to scoring, but advanced metrics show him still playing a solid defensive game on a consistent basis. It seems to me that the play is to acquire a scoring winger and drop Mik down to the 4th line for now.

Haha well I do have two preemie babies right now. So maybe I missed something 😉

That's 100% fair, ha! You probably havent had a chance to follow anything for a while, then. A lot has changed. You should know that Horvat is with the Islanders now, "Bruce, there it is" doesn't happen anymore, and we're 2nd in the league. 

• Haha 1