[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

What I find bazaar about this whole season.  Even after the season the Canucks have had and being one of the top teams in the season all year long.  We still haven't figured out the line combinations.  We have Miller with Boeser, Petey with Hoglander and the when healthy we have the Garland, Blue, and Joshua line.  Everything else has been patchwork and filling holes. Even after the Lindholm trade Petey still hasn't had consistently productive linemates all season.  

I

If the Canucks can get Toffoli they can put the lotto line back.

Lotto Line

Hoglander. Lindholm. Toffoli. 

Garland. Blue. Joshua

Or

Podkolzin (or Suter). Miller. Boes. 

Hoglander. Lindholm. Petey. 

Garland. Blue. Joshua

The problem is the Canucks never looked more dangerous than when they had the Lotto line together, the Hoglander and Nils Aman on the 4th line, the 3rd line was producing like a second line. They had 4 lines Tocchet could role.  Now we have a 4th line that's not dangerous at all.  We need to get back the chemistry we had in Jan.  

• ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

What I find bazaar about this whole season.  Even after the season the Canucks have had and being one of the top teams in the season all year long.  We still haven't figured out the line combinations.  We have Miller with Boeser, Petey with Hoglander and the when healthy we have the Garland, Blue, and Joshua line.  Everything else has been patchwork and filling holes. Even after the Lindholm trade Petey still hasn't had consistently productive linemates all season.  

I

Lotto Line

Garland. Blue. Joshua

Or

Garland. Blue. Joshua

The problem is the Canucks never looked more dangerous than when they had the Lotto line together, the Hoglander and Nils Aman on the 4th line, the 3rd line was producing like a second line. They had 4 lines Tocchet could role.  Now we have a 4th line that's not dangerous at all.  We need to get back the chemistry we had in Jan.  

We need Joshua back to regain chemistry. 

Petey - Miller - Boeser

Hogs - Lindholm - Toffoli

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Podz - Suter - Lafferty

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Lemon Face said:

Pettersson on 3 rd line.Alf would be proud

As it turns out Petey doesn't need consistent linemates to produce.  Him and Hoglander are finding chemistry.  But the line combos have been a revolving door.  Maybe Podkolzin and Toffoli are the answer to solidify the lines.   I like that there is lots of days between games for practice.  Lindholm needs the practice.

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

This. The energy and puck control and retrieval that third line brings is so key. Plus Jousha's PK abilities are missed.

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Petey - Miller - Boeser

Hogs - Lindholm - Toffoli

Joshua - Blueger - Garland

Podz - Suter - Lafferty

I like the line combos.  Lindholm and Toffoli have the makings of a good 2nd line.  

• Cheers 1

3 years in a row the Knights have abused the "mysterious Stone injury" a vague spleen injury that's hard to prove or unprove.  He gets put on IR every year at the same time of year for the past 3 years.

Edited by Pure961089

2 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

I like the line combos.  Lindholm and Toffoli have the makings of a good 2nd line.  

Hogs would be a great puck retriever for Lindholm and Toffoli. The Lotto Line together will take a lot of top lines away from the others, and that's when we pounce. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Hogs would be a great puck retriever for Lindholm and Toffoli. The Lotto Line together will take a lot of top lines away from the others, and that's when we pounce. 

Exactly why I would rather aquire Taffoli over Guentzel. 

18 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

We could basically sign two Toffoli's vs one Guentzel. I like it as well. 

This is it. A Taffoli extension is way more plausible than a Guentzel. 

Five Teams Remain In Talks For Jake Guentzel

March 7th, 2024 at 4:38pm CST • By Josh Erickson

The Canucks, Golden Knights, Hurricanes, Panthers, and Rangers are the five teams remaining in the Jake Guentzel sweepstakes as a trade is “getting close,” reports David Pagnotta of The Fourth Period. Penguins GM Kyle Dubas didn’t have a deal in place for his star winger by Wednesday night as he’d hoped, but all signs point to Guentzel still changing hands before tomorrow’s trade deadline.

None of these teams come as a surprise, and various sources have bandied them about as fits for Guentzel throughout the past few weeks. The Golden Knights, Panthers and Rangers have been incredibly aggressive in advance of the deadline, collectively acquiring some of the top trade targets in Noah Hanifin (VGK), Anthony Mantha(VGK), Vladimir Tarasenko(FLA), and Alexander Wennberg (NYR) in the past 72 hours.

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2024/03/five-teams-remain-in-talks-for-jake-guentzel.html#ref=home

Could you imagine if we pulled off a trade for Guentzel AND Sid??!?

probably wouldn’t be drafting until 2030 and our prospects decimated but sure would make shit interesting.

Sid
Guentzel 

+ a Dman 

$ retained

for 

Lindholm

Hogs

Mik

Podz

Lek

Willander 

And 2 1st round picks

But we’d be a playoff powerhouse for the next 2 years 

btw im just bored and do not condone this. I just find it ironic as we have previously gone out and poached Messier, Sundin…with whom we have on board running this team above and on ice, it would not surprise me at all to see PAJR have serious interest in Crosby. This team would learn sooooo much from him.

Edited by RWJC

1 minute ago, RWJC said:

probably wouldn’t be drafting until 2030 but sure would make shit interesting.

is there a new CBA without a salary cap i didn't hear about?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, tas said:

is there a new CBA without a salary cap i didn't hear about?

Would involve Garland + outbound plus other offseason moves but it could be managed. D would suffer though 

8 minutes ago, RWJC said:

probably wouldn’t be drafting until 2030 and our prospects decimated but sure would make shit interesting.

Sid
Guentzel 

+ a Dman 

$ retained

for 

Lindholm

Hogs

Mik

Podz

Lek

Willander 

And 2 1st round picks

But we’d be a playoff powerhouse for the next 2 years 

Jesus. 

Quick tangent while we wait on Guentzel.  What do you think it would cost us to obtain Crosby if rumour is true he may be open to trade?

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

I

Lotto Line

Garland. Blue. Joshua

Or

Garland. Blue. Joshua

I think we'd be fools to not utilize the success of the lotto line. and use Lindholm with the best available as the 2nd. For the begining of the playoffs. They should give it a go the last few games too. With the way Hoglander is performing we just have to find the other winger to play with them. Tofo or Podz imo

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

3 years in a row the Knights have abused the "mysterious Stone injury" a vague spleen injury that's hard to prove or unprove.  He gets put on IR every year at the same time of year for the past 3 years.

I said this yesterday in a thread

I think its time for the league to address the LTIR loophole. My suggestion would be something like a player needs to play a certain percentage of the final 20 games of the season to be eligible for the finals. It would stop this bullshit of loading up for the finals with mystery illnesses that seem to heal just around week 1 of the finals. This is  a complete mockery of the cap at this stage.

Edited by Canuckpuckluck1
  • Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Quick tangent while we wait on Guentzel.  What do you think it would cost us to obtain Crosby if rumour is true he may be open to trade?

Honestly I could be wrong here but… 

if Crosby wants to play for a contender, he’s in the driver’s seat, not Dubas. Pittsburgh owes him everything. IF he were to want to ONLY go to Vancouver, he could potentially force a deal for less value than if he were to go to another team. 

This is entirely speculation on my part, but I believe that if he were to want another cup, he could force a deal pretty easily. This also speculated that Vancouver would want to be the team he’d go to, which is probably a stretch. 

17 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Mikheyev + Raty + Lekkerimaki + D Petey