[RUMOUR] Vancouver may be pursuing Jake Guentzel

Toffoli + Hogz is better than Guentzel alone..

Trade for 2nd tier forward. I don't want Hogz + top 3 prospect gone for Guentzel for 16 games.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Canuckpuckluck1 said:

I said this yesterday in a thread

I think its time for the league to address the LTIR loophole. My suggestion would be something like a player needs to play a certain percentage of the final 20 games of the season to be eligible for the finals. It would stop this bullshit of loading up for the finals with mystery illnesses that seem to heal just around week 1 of the finals. This is  a complete mockery of the cap at this stage.

I think there might be a link, but who knows.  That's a lot of money. 

https://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nhl-sports-gambling-partnerships-1.4882268#:~:text=According to a Nielsen sports,legal and regulated sports betting.

https://thewincolumn.ca/2023/09/07/how-the-nhl-is-using-online-gambling-to-increase-its-revenue/

Edited by Pure961089

27 minutes ago, Breadnbutta said:

Jesus. 

26 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

sure, throw him into the deal too. 

May as well...I have a feeling he'll be out of commission in a few weeks anyway 🤪

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Canuckpuckluck1 said:

I said this yesterday in a thread

I think its time for the league to address the LTIR loophole. My suggestion would be something like a player needs to play a certain percentage of the final 20 games of the season to be eligible for the finals. It would stop this bullshit of loading up for the finals with mystery illnesses that seem to heal just around week 1 of the finals. This is  a complete mockery of the cap at this stage.

and if this ever negatively affected the canucks, their star player hurt down the stretch legitimately and not allowed to return in the playoffs, you and everyone else here would be absolutely shrieking bloody murder from the rooftops. 

penalizing players for getting hurt because some fans cooked up asinine conspiracy theories, thankfully, will never happen. 

• Cheers 1

Honestly knowing how sneaky manipulative Jim R or Allvin are I wouldn't be surprised if they put that possibility out there, they got the rumor started just to get Lindholm's intensity up to par with the standard the team has set.  I don't think they had any intention of trading Lindholm.  I never saw anyone fight so hard to win a faceoff like Lindholm did to start the 3rd vs the King's.  I think this trade will look genius in the playoffs.   Strength down the spine.  Best in the NHL.  

Edited by Pure961089

20 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Toffoli + Hogz is better than Guentzel alone..

Trade for 2nd tier forward. I don't want Hogz + top 3 prospect gone for Guentzel for 16 games.

Me either 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, tas said:

and if this ever negatively affected the canucks, their star player hurt down the stretch legitimately and not allowed to return in the playoffs, you and everyone else here would be absolutely shrieking bloody murder from the rooftops. 

penalizing players for getting hurt because some fans cooked up asinine conspiracy theories, thankfully, will never happen. 

So you dont think some teams are knowingly cheating the cap currently?

With my suggestion the teams would need to get more creative by "papering" their injured players into the line up and play short down the stretch if they think they will be ready for the finals, at least it stops the bullshit we are seeing at the moment.

23 minutes ago, aGENT said:

May as well...I have a feeling he'll be out of commission in a few weeks anyway 🤪

Well at his cap hit, if he screws up our fan base will crucify him, hopefully those jews will retain some salary but it's doubtful 

• chaos 1

Curious to see how the team plays against the knights tonight with the additions of Mantha and Hanifin. If they lose big. I’d be concerned. Would that force Allvin and Rutherford’s hand before the deadline? 

21 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

200.gif

Sid isn’t coming here. Whst kind of package would that include? Dubas would want Lekkerimäki and Willander and everyone else plus all of our 1st round picks for the next several years. lol. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, N4ZZY said:

Sid isn’t coming here. Whst kind of package would that include? Dubas would want Lekkerimäki and Willander and everyone else plus all of our 1st round picks for the next several years. lol. 

Klimovich+ Mikheyev + Myers + DSG + Aman + Woo and a promise to include Dubasses name on the cup.

11 minutes ago, Canuckpuckluck1 said:

So you dont think some teams are knowingly cheating the cap currently?

With my suggestion the teams would need to get more creative by "papering" their injured players into the line up and play short down the stretch if they think they will be ready for the finals, at least it stops the bullshit we are seeing at the moment.

I'm far more bothered by the reality that legitimately injured players would be forced to miss a once in a lifetime opportunity, their dream since they were a little kid, because of fan conspiracy theories. 

I certainly wouldn't deign to accuse mark stone, a team captain and one of the most competitive guys in the league, of faking a lacerated spleen. 

but you do you. 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, tas said:

I'm far more bothered by the reality that legitimately injured players would be forced to miss a once in a lifetime opportunity, their dream since they were a little kid, because of fan conspiracy theories. 

I certainly wouldn't deign to accuse mark stone, a team captain and one of the most competitive guys in the league, of faking a lacerated spleen. 

but you do you. 

They'd never get a doc to risk their credentials to do that either 

Just now, stawns said:

They'd never get a doc to risk their credentials to do that either 

exactly. 

now, that being said, if people are THAT concerned, I could see doing away with team doctors and moving to league approved doctors instead, no team affiliations. 

but I really don't think it's necessary.