[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Prove Toch ain't a great coach is pp1.

He is responsible for it and it is hot garbage. 

what does that make the 2/3 of the league that's worse?

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

ok, so how about this: 

if they lose all 3, I'll exclude you from my crusade. 

if they lose 2 of 3 I'll say they should fire tocchet. 

if they lose 1 of 3, you're allowed to stay but can never post another negative comment again. 

if they lose 0 of 3 you're ip banned for life. 

deal

Just now, CanuckFanForever said:

deal

cool. sounds good. 

edit: I meant to say that otl counts as a tie, not a loss. I understand if that makes you change your mind. 

Edited by tas
  • Like 1

It's been awhile since the boys have been playing with the kind of intensity and use of their talent to be considered an elite team. Philly was a bust, Ottawa was a ton of lucky bounces, then lazy, disorganized hockey, and tonight our stars again didn't show up. The 3rd line is the only consistent hard working line, and tonight even the 4th line outworked the top two. Tocchet has his work cut out for him if we're going to survive this road trip with a few wins. With all the talent we have, we can still be playoff contenders, but it's going to take a whole team hardworking effort.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Why Kuzmenko benched in favour of Aman and Karlsson?????

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense, and clearly Tocchet has a mental block when it comes to understanding Kuzmenko's value.

The team is having trouble scoring goals... WHY REMOVE A PROVEN SCORER???

If Tocchet is concerned about defense on the Pettersson line, then put someone else in place of Mikheyev... but leave Kuzzy on the line.

Better yet, leave both Mikheyev and Kuzzy on the line and let them play.

The first 15 games of the season the line was on fire... yes, it was Mikheyev who was scoring, but who cares... leave them together.

Now Mikheyev has cooled off, and Lafferty is not a fit... he just does not have the skills.

Tocchet needs to take a ton of laxatives, and just blow out all his bullsh*t ideas about Kuzzy.

Exactly! Seems like Tochet gets a hard on from leaving Kuzmenko in the press box. Whole team is playing good defence I think we can spare 1 guy to be free and wheeling and dealing out there. 

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Frustrating game. It did feel like Kuzmenko should have played tonight. Him getting scratched so often is getting old. 
Boeser is slowly devolving back to his 2022 form. Slow to shoot. Missing the net. 
Petey has not been playing like a $11M player for a couple of weeks now, and had very few moments tonight. If he wants to be paid like a difference maker, he needs to earn it still.

The third line continues to carry the team. 
Hughes has been consistently brilliant. What we do without him and Demko? Let’s hope for a better team effort next game.

Edited by Slegr
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense, and clearly Tocchet has a mental block when it comes to understanding Kuzmenko's value.

If Tocchet is concerned about defense on the Pettersson line, then put someone else in place of Mikheyev... but leave Kuzzy on the line.

The first 15 games of the season the line was on fire... yes, it was Mikheyev who was scoring, but who cares... leave them together.

Now Mikheyev has cooled off, and Lafferty is not a fit... he just does not have the skills.

Tocchet needs to take a ton of laxatives, and just blow out all his bullsh*t ideas about Kuzzy.

I think Tocc likes coke, not pepsi. Kuz gotta try some coke zero and see if he can change

• Like 1

Suter and Lafferty should not be in the top 6.  They look better offensively on the bottom 6 because they draw the weaker defensive opponents.  Once you put them in the top 6 playing against the other teams top shut down units, they end up looking like 3rd or 4th line guys plugging a top 6 hole.  This is the only issue I have had with Tocchet.  He has a 39 goal man in the press box.  Let him loose.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Petey is a better winger than he is a center. I would throw him on Miller’s wing where he belongs with Boeser and find a 2nd line C flanked by Mikheyev and Kuzmenko.

Complete bogus drivel.

Petey is a center... he is a set up guy, who uses the center of the ice on zone entries to cut back, move laterally and give the defense fits.

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

You would think the Canucks would leave Kuzmenko in the line up for more than 1-2 games to start becoming consistent. Guy plays with 2 defensively responsible forwards in Petey and Mikheyev not sure why they can’t just let him free to do his thing. We got 20-30 goal scorer sitting in the press box.

It has already been clearly stated if Kuz is F1 you cant be a floater.  It throws everybody else off.

Sets a bad example as well.  

Canucks lost a 2-1 game and had some

decent looks.  Hockey.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Complete bogus drivel.

Petey is a center... he is a set up guy, who uses the center of the ice on zone entries to cut back, move laterally and give the defense fits.

Last time I checked centers win faceoffs…

5 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

4 minutes ago, Kurtis said:

Much different team last year. Did you read what I said??? Our team greatly improved from last year and regardless of our coach, we would have a great record this year. 

A bit different team, however the players that we did have are playing some of, if not the best hockey of there careers. Sorry I never read the original thread, but I assume it has something about Tocc and overrated. Anyone feel free to chime in. So if you are GM who out there who would you choose to replace? Careful what you wish for.