[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

5 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Boeser - Miller - Pettersson

Garland - Lindholm - Mikheyev 

Joshua - Blueger - Hoglander 

Lafferty - Suter - Aman

If only we could get him somehow. Would they took Kuzmenko, a promising prospect and a pick you think?

2 minutes ago, tas said:

here's the proposal then if you want to count 1 point as 0 points:

they lose all 3, I'll exempt you from my campaign or say tocchet should be fired or hell, both. 

they DON'T lose all 3, permanent ip ban for you. 

Deal

You really do have a hard on for me. I'd like to just point out my pronouns are he/him and I like women. 

Just now, CanuckFanForever said:

Deal

You really do have a hard on for me. I'd like to just point out my pronouns are he/him and I like women. 

I have a hardon for everyone buddy, you're nothin' special. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Well that’s a dumb decision by the coaching staff then. Aman over Sutr to play center? Yeah does not make any sense. Not playing Kuzmenko and playing Karlson is a head scratcher too. I have not noticed Karlson in any game he’s played.

Doesn't matter who plays center matters who takes faceoffs. When Miller played with Petey it was on the LW but Miller still took the majority of the faceoffs. With that said, I don't know who took more faceoffs between Aman and Suter. Aman is pretty much 50% in the dot this season anyway. So it's not like he's a liability.

16 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

I would have settled for a Damn cheat point on this one..

Don't even need "quality". We are not putting enough pucks on net, period.

What is so difficult getting a shot through and charge to the net for a rebound, especially on PP? Why do they always stand around with the puck looking for a perfect play that's not there, and still force it when the other team already has figured out what they're trying to do?

Maybe they don't have as much skills as they think. Maybe they are not as fast as they think. Or maybe they just think too much.

Whatever the case may be, please PLEASE SIMPLIFY your game and play more direct hockey if not much else is working.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

The roster was very oddly constructed today.  There's a lot that didn't work.  I don't really get why we made so many changes from the Ottawa game.

If Lafferty and Suter are in our top 6 come playoff time, we probably don’t even win one round.  Those players need to be where they are supposed to be.  Suter on the 3rd or 4th line and Lafferty on the 4th line.  If Tocchet doesn’t like Kuzmenko then he needs to be traded for somebody else than can play in the top 6.  Scratching your 39 goal scorer game in and game out is now counter productive to this team’s success.  At this point, it is nothing more than a distraction and at some point it’s going to boil over with Milstein.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Kuzmenko is currently being shopped around and Milstein is heavily involved. He has a NTC so that may be delaying the situation.  

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Cheers 2

29 minutes ago, tas said:

what does that make the 2/3 of the league that's worse?

We have the 25th best or in other words 7th worst power play in the league since US Thanksgiving. 

Pretty much we been going downhill since November in that department. 

What does that make us and Toch's complete lack of ability to coach offense. We have direct prove he is coaching the offense out of the team. 

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/best-power-play-percentage-since-nov-18

Edited by 24K
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

They made lots of chances.

They just missed high or wide or got blocked. Not to mention Binnington had a pretty strong game.

It happens. I don’t have many complaints about that game though. They played a strong game just lacked finish.

I actually didn't have a problem with the lose they just seem to have no finish in their game. I think they need to really shake up the lines and I don't believe Garland is the driving force on that 3rd line. So for me I'd really like to see Joshua Blueger and Miller. So we can see what EP40 and Boeser can do

Edited by CanuckFanForever

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

If only we could get him somehow. Would they took Kuzmenko, a promising prospect and a pick you think?

Ya I think that’s how the trade would be. It would be a 1st round pick though.

Boeser - Miller - Pettersson would be a good 1st line. One of the best in the league.

there are some games where I can picture them going deep in the playoffs, there are other games like this where Im thinking I hope they can at least go 500 the rest of the way. 

In my mind the real rocket science is do they push all their chips in this year and mortgage their future in terms of picks and or prospects to add to this team or do they go with what they have, see how far they can go, and address the issues in the off season.  All the upcoming UFAs, and Petey's contract makes this challenging.

Just now, 24K said:

We have the 25th best or in other words 7th worst power play in the league since US Thanksgiving. 

What does that make us and Toch's complete lack of ability to coach offense. 

Doesn't that correlate with Kuzmenko scratches ?

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Doesn't matter who plays center matters who takes faceoffs. When Miller played with Petey it was on the LW but Miller still took the majority of the faceoffs. With that said, I don't know who took more faceoffs between Aman and Suter. Aman is pretty much 50% in the dot this season anyway. So it's not like he's a liability.

Aman was 28.6% tonight

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Well from today’s stat sheet it looks like Aman was 28% in faceoffs and Sutr didn’t take any faceoffs. Bad decision by the coaching staf in my opinion. If Sutr is healthy he should be playing center always. Throw Aman on the wing.

1 minute ago, 24K said:

What does that make us and Toch's complete lack of ability to coach offense. We have direct prove he is coaching the offense out of the team. 

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/best-power-play-percentage-since-nov-18

and they were what, top 2 prior to that?

shit happens. it's going to be ok. 

1 minute ago, Darius said:

there are some games where I can picture them going deep in the playoffs, there are other games like this where Im thinking I hope they can at least go 500 the rest of the way. 

In my mind the real rocket science is do they push all their chips in this year and mortgage their future in terms of picks and or prospects to add to this team or do they go with what they have, see how far they can go, and address the issues in the off season.  All the upcoming UFAs, and Petey's contract makes this challenging.

Realistically, will we be as good as we are now in the next 3 years?  If not, we gotta push the chips in

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Ya I think that’s how the trade would be. It would be a 1st round pick though.

Boeser - Miller - Pettersson would be a good 1st line. One of the best in the league.

Calgary needs to start losing so they start trading players. Getting Zadorav from them gives me hope that we could get Lindholm from them. Usually teams don’t trade in the division. Re-signing him might be an issue though but I think we could pick him up

As a rental and make the numbers work.

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If Lafferty and Suter are in our top 6 come playoff time, we probably don’t even win one round.  Those players need to be where they are supposed to be.  Suter on the 3rd or 4th line and Lafferty on the 4th line.  If Tocchet doesn’t like Kuzmenko then he needs to be traded for somebody else than can play in the top 6.  Scratching your 39 goal scorer game in and game out is now counter productive to this team’s success.  At this point, it is nothing more than a distraction and at some point it’s going to boil over with Milstein.

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that Kuzmenko is currently being shopped around and Milstein is heavily involved. He has a NTC so that may be delaying the situation.  

So basically Tocchet is playing general manager. If we are trading Kuzmenko, you can be sure he wont be replaced with a one way scoring forward. It will be a borderline top 6 tweener. A Tanner Pearson type. 

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Based off what you're saying, we need to trade for a top six forward.  Won't come cheap.

I still don't get why Höglander hasn't had a few shifts with Pettersson.  I know he hasn't really earned but it's worked a couple times in the past.  Just try it and if it doesn't work, oh well.  Has to be better than this, right?