[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

1 minute ago, CanuckFanForever said:

That actually makes me feel better, honestly at this point I wouldn't mind you blocking me 

that doesn't help anyone. why block you when you've agreed to block yourself from everyone?

2 minutes ago, tas said:

and they were what, top 2 prior to that?

shit happens. it's going to be ok. 

One thing when it jumps around and another when steady decline is happening. 

This ain't just shit happening but a trend. 

3 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I actually didn't have a problem with the lose they just seem to have no finish in their game. I think they need to really shake up the lines and I don't believe Garland is the driving force on that 3rd line. So for me I'd really like to see Joshua Blueger and Miller. So we can see what EP40 and Boeser can do

iFyou can't see that  Garland drives that line your eyes are just as f****ed up as your opinions 

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

If only we could get him somehow. Would they took Kuzmenko, a promising prospect and a pick you think?

Would you trade Kuz plus a 1st in 2024 for Lindholm? Assuming the Canucks winning ways return to that of the first 20 games and they are in the top 1, 2 or 3 in the league at the end of the season, that pretty much becomes a high 2nd round pick. In that case, no one (my opinion) would say no to this trade. However, I would hazard a guess that Conroy would want to make up a bit of fleecing he took on Big Zeke so probably would take more.

Kuz plus 2024 1st for Lindholm ... Kuzy's bags would be packed for him before he got home from practice if I was the GM ... sadly I am not.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, 24K said:

One thing when it jumps around and another when steady decline is happening. 

This ain't just shit happening but a trend. 

I'll worry when when 8th place is in the rear view, not 3rd. 

8 minutes ago, Darius said:

there are some games where I can picture them going deep in the playoffs, there are other games like this where Im thinking I hope they can at least go 500 the rest of the way. 

In my mind the real rocket science is do they push all their chips in this year and mortgage their future in terms of picks and or prospects to add to this team or do they go with what they have, see how far they can go, and address the issues in the off season.  All the upcoming UFAs, and Petey's contract makes this challenging.

I would go all in. Take advantage of the value contracts we have this season because a lot of guys might be looking at raise this summer and in following summers. They’ve been rebuilding/retooling whatever you want to call it for a decade now.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Liked how he said he'll "keep it in the room".  I'm sure he spoke up and said something to the team.  No need to air that in public.   

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Would you trade Kuz plus a 1st in 2024 for Lindholm? Assuming the Canucks winning ways return to that of the first 20 games and they are in the top 1, 2 or 3 in the league at the end of the season, that pretty much becomes a high 2nd round pick. In that case, no one (my opinion) would say no to this trade. However, I would hazard a guess that Conroy would want to make up a bit of fleecing he took on Big Zeke so probably would take more.

Kuz plus 2024 1st for Lindholm ... Kuzy's bags would be packed for him before he got home from practice if I was the GM ... sadly I am not.

I would do that. Would even throw in a B or C prospect or a late round pick (6/7). One or the other not both. 

• Like 1

A comment from HF that I thought was interesting

I think the main factor that drives the Canucks PDO Stat is one:

Basically the Canucks are spending more time leading games than anyone I could see in the past 20 years. Peak Oilers in the 80's were then only team I saw that was higher. The gap is massive as to the rest of the league as well for this season, 2 mins more than 2nd, 3 mins more than 3rd, 4 mins more than 4th. For reference they spend 10 mins more per game leading than the Leafs. They haven't had to chase many games. They have had to play the game much different than most in that they have got out in front in many games with multi goal leads on a handful of shots, and then go into a defensive mode to finish the game. Naturally this leads to a higher shot and save%.

I get frustrated reading all these threads about the Canucks where some act as though they are the 2nd coming of the 76 Habs, and others shit all over them. Reality is they are a well built team that is well coached. They could go on a long playoff run just as easy as they could get bounced in round 1. It's been awesome regardless of where it goes from here.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just a continuation of the last two periods of the previous game , but I shouldn’t mention that because we won that game.  But I agree , get Kuzmenko figured out, get the top two lines figured out ( agreed to the fact that the Bleuger line is the third line) 

28 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Funny how there was less structure and accountability and where we were in the standings.

You did know that that RT was here for close to half a season last year right? How many times did he bench Kuzy?

16 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Well from today’s stat sheet it looks like Aman was 28% in faceoffs and Sutr didn’t take any faceoffs. Bad decision by the coaching staf in my opinion. If Sutr is healthy he should be playing center always. Throw Aman on the wing.

Yeah, well that is tough. Not sure what went into that decision but definitely dropped the ball.

1 hour ago, Ribs said:

Gotta figure out the Kuzmenko and top-6 stuff, ideally before the end of the road-trip.

Honestly just package him up for Guentzel or Lindholm and call it a day. Love the guy but he's clearly not in Tocchet's favour. 

• Cheers 1