[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

4 minutes ago, Dom said:

Knights are getting beat down. Red Wings are tied with the Kings. 

If we escape the night with both losing, that would be amazing. 

So other good teams have bad games to???

• Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I think anyone can do what Kuzmenko does on the powerplay.  He scored 39 goals despite a lack of chemistry/flow on that powerplay unit.  Conor Garland has been getting a couple more looks on the 1st unit so I'm not expecting Kuzy to be back there anytime soon.

image.png.cb39b58512d07f5d99eec092f0d2612d.png

I don't even know what 0% means.

Kuzmenko has 17 PP goals and 9 PP assists in 113 games.  How exactly does that translate to a zero?  Also, his EV defence is 71%.  I’m pretty sure that is above average for a goal scorer.  What is Panarin’s EV defence?  Kaprizov?

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Dom said:

Knights are getting beat down. Red Wings are tied with the Kings. 

If we escape the night with both losing, that would be amazing. 

do you think their fans are sobbing inconsolably in the corner like ours are?

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 2

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Panarin doesn’t even know where the defensive zone is and some people in the media are saying he is a Hart trophy nominee.  Kaprizov couldn’t back check to save his life…

Somebody is going to steal Kuzmenko from us. Sure he makes 5.5. But someone is going to get him and he will score goals for them.

I like Tocchet but this Kuz stuff just doesn't seem right. 

Edited by Blue
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

16 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

It better not be a Tanner Pearson type.  And yes Tocchet is playing GM.  He’s basically calling out Allvin and telling him he doesn’t want Kuzmenko around…

While I agree with you. I'm fascinated to see how this plays out. If Kuzz can and does improve in the areas Tocchet demands he would be quite the player. He has proved he can score we all saw it. You don't score 39 as a fluke. PA gave him a 2 year deal. It's clear their sending a message right now. He either gets with the program or he doesn't. If he doesn't then he won't be the best player the can be. So I totally agree with the tough love approach. Maybe next offseason he won't play Carmen Sandiego. That's not too harsh on Kuzz you don't have to break the kid maybe just send a message that lemon wedges and bananas and coke are earned. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Way to miss the point champ

I believe the point was supposed to be "let offensive players be offensive players" or some other archaic, ill-fated concept, yes?

Edited by tas

Just now, Blue said:

Somebody is going to steal Kuzmenko from us. Sure he makes 5.5. But someone is going to get him and he will score goals for them.

He’ll score goals for the next dozen games or so and then once the novelty wears off he will go cold 

The 4th line looked good, but no finish. EP again was bad. And for f sakes can we stop calling the EP line the top line? They keep saying they don't have a name for the garland line... why don't we just name them the TOP line because they currently are.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

I think anyone can do what Kuzmenko does on the powerplay.  He scored 39 goals despite a lack of chemistry/flow on that powerplay unit.  Conor Garland has been getting a couple more looks on the 1st unit so I'm not expecting Kuzy to be back there anytime soon.

image.png.cb39b58512d07f5d99eec092f0d2612d.png

I don't even know what 0% means.

conor garland kills play if he's not the playdriver of the line.. he works hard but lack consistency in finish.. he's working well in the 3rd line because he is the play driver on the line with 2 passenger.. i don't want garland to ever be on the PP1.. the puck needs to be on QH EP or Millers stick not garland.. he simply doesn't understand if he's on one of those line he needs to just simplify his game and go straight to the net instead of trying to carry the puck

as for the score card.. if Kuzmenko EV is 53%.. then why is RT hating on him.. there are pleny of top scorers in this league in the reds..

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Kuzmenko has 17 PP goals and 9 PP assists in 113 games.  How exactly does that translate to a zero?  Also, his EV defence is 71%.  I’m pretty sure that is above average for a goal scorer.  What is Panarin’s EV defence?  Kaprizov?

I think it's based off the amount of offense he individually generates.  The PP/PK metrics are admittedly not as accurate as the EV numbers, but it shouldn't surprise folks here that anyone can probably score when Hughes/Pettersson/Miller are feeding the puck to you.

New cards for this year will come out after the halfway mark (we're at 38/82 games so far).  I'm sure most of the Canucks will look good.

image.png.6e4592b5257500fb8e3e8b18adfe8ed1.png image.png.59da1826130b791078931806303700ca.png

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

conor garland kills play if he's not the playdriver of the line.. he works hard but lack consistency in finish.. he's working well in the 3rd line because he is the play driver on the line with 2 passenger.. i don't want garland to ever be on the PP1.. the puck needs to be on QH EP or Millers stick not garland.. he simply doesn't understand if he's on one of those line he needs to just simplify his game and go straight to the net instead of trying to carry the puck

as for the score card.. if Kuzmenko EV is 53%.. then why is RT hating on him.. there are pleny of top scorers in this league in the reds..

Look carefully at the number of games played.  It combines his numbers from last year.  The change% is a slightly better indicator of how he's done this season.  Obviously his defending has dropped way down.  New cards for strictly 23-24 will be up soon.

37 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Who is that winger?

There was that rumor about Monahan being that guy. Maybe its not just a rumour?

35 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Meanwhile Bo Horvat is a plus 8 with 35 points in 36 games.

He'd be a good 2nd line center.

Actually we may have got it wrong about Petey being our Franchise #1 Center? 

Having Miller #1 and Bo #2 Centers may have worked, especially Cap wise.

We always thought Petey was going to develope into this Elite #1 Center but so far that hasn't panned out. Yes the possibilty is still there but a Miiler/Bo might have provided a more balanced offense and defense in our top 6. 

Not saying it should have happened just saying that it might have worked out. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1