[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

3 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Take Brock out of the line up. But don't actually. Brock is doing great I'm so fucking happy as a Canucks fan and a fan of Brock. 

I'm kind of with Tocchet on this let's ride the roller coaster there might be a twist coming. 

I'm not sure I see the positive side in this situation with Kuz.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Pretty sure Bruce scratched and benched Kuz to. Coincidence???

According to Boudreau, no.  But keep in mind that he scratched Kuzmenko very early on in the season, and after that, he completely caught fire.  Until Tocchet came along.

“I’m sure Rick’s going through the same thing — I mean, some days, he was great, and some days, he was not there,” Boudreau said. “Evidently, he’s trying to send a message. I mean, we did the same thing early last year. I sat him out in Toronto, I think, or somewhere close to there. And, I mean, he got the message, caught on fire, and had the year that he did.”

“He wasn’t playing well enough under Rick. That’s what Rick thought, that’s it,” Boudreau said. “This has happened to Johnny Gaudreau, it’s happened to Huberdeau, it’s happened to everybody. Coaches are just making them accountable. That’s good coaching.”

8 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

inevitable?? torts have done 10x more amazing job than tocchet have up to this point on a team thats not even close on paper and was destined for a lottery pick... and embarassed the canucks in both games this season. 

we'll see. 

11 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

oh i already know tocchet doesn't like kuzmenko since day 1 despite he was still producing under him.. if tocchet was the GM boeser kuzmenko would have been sent packing already and he fill the lineup full of garland and grind their way to victory every night. the biggest thing i don't like about tocchet coaching style is his lack of creativity and imagination.. the hughes/hronek pairing haven't looked great defensively for quite some times now yet he refuse to split them up and try something new.. the Miller/boeser line haven't been all that great in games lately.. like i dunno split them up maybe and try something else.. but let's just leave them intact even though they have done nothing and keep marching them back out to do nothing.. literally the whole season the only line juggling he have done is with EP.. he haven't touched the boeser miller or the hronek hughes combo once.. ok maybe he did once when he benched miller.. play EP with the hughes pairing more if we ain't going to give him any wingers to play with.. play a more defensive pairing with Miller.. they are our top "shutdown" line.. Hughes and Hronek are not your "shutdown" defenceman.. they easily get exposed against the good teams 

I would agree but it's hard to argue w 4 top 30 scorers 

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

I have a really bad feeling about this road trip. The St Louis game was supposed to be the most winnable 

We weren't supposed to be in this position either, along with many other supposed to with this year. Supposed to is out the window with this team, cause nothing makes sense, but got the same feeling about this roadie. Hope is around .500 and healthy.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

Take Brock out of the line up. But don't actually. Brock is doing great I'm so fucking happy as a Canucks fan and a fan of Brock. 

I'm kind of with Tocchet on this let's ride the roller coaster there might be a twist coming. 

It's a doghouse deal. Needs to be rethought.

We're better with Kuz in the lineup Good coaching that knows how to use him is key.

PP yes. PK no. 

Certain times in the game yes. Give him 12 to 15 minutes and put him in good offensive situations. Play to his strengths

One size fits all is lazy coaching. And will cost us wins.

3 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

This is a tough stretch for us not off to a good start 

Last major challenge of the year schedule wise. By no means a cake walk from here on out after the road trip, but very favorable. After this trip no matter what the record is, the men fought hard with the worst first half schedule in the league and came out of it blowing the world away. 

Not enough words can express the excitement you brought back to the real fans. Playoffs are almost a guarantee, keep the foot on the gas, stay healthy, and lets blow the world away again in the playoffs.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Weird game tonight. 

I didn't think we played all that well but was still very much in the game. 

If you look at it glass half full, that's pretty good right? 

We had a lot of quality chances but missed the net. Some nights, a few of those shots go in. 

Petey either needs to start carrying his line or sign for 9.5m and let PA get him some help. 

I felt defensive coverage was slow and soft. Juulsen and Cole impressed. 

Zadorov was skating in quicksand. 

Funny thing is, this game has no bearing on their future games. Bring on NJ and NYR. We'll be fine

• ThereItIs 1

Either play Kuzmenko or trade him FFS!!!

Doesnt make sense to have a 5 million dollar player in the press box. 

Trade him for a player. Or trade him for picks (cap dump) to one team and free up more cap to make a trade with a second team. The time to make a move is NOW not the trade deadline. If we get someone at the trade deadline they’ll only get 17 games to build chemistry. Making a ballsy move now will do wonders. 

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Either play Kuzmenko or trade him FFS!!!

Doesnt make sense to have a 5 million dollar player in the press box. 

Trade him for a player. Or trade him for picks (cap dump) to one team and free up more cap to make a trade with a second team. The time to make a move is NOW not the trade deadline. If we get someone at the trade deadline they’ll only get 17 games to build chemistry. Making a ballsy move now will do wonders. 

Good thing is the prez never ever (no exaggeration), ever waits till the deadline to make moves. Pretty sure he goes on holidays at trade deadline, as all moves have been done. (now exaggeration), but hardly. Alvin is the GM, but make no mistake who has the final say and knowledge and league respect.

51 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

I would agree but it's hard to argue w 4 top 30 scorers 

but are the 4 top 30 scorer because of talent or because of tocchet's system lol they were close to top 30 before tocchet arrived well 3 of the 4 anyways

Well this is something. I feel like I have to be the voice of reason, and well, that's crazy.

People are getting way to worked up over a loss. This is hockey. You are going to lose some games, and anyone can beat anyone on any given day. 

We played a tight game against a team that obviously came out to play hard nosed defensive hockey. In the end we ended up losing a very close game. It happens. We didn't play amazing but we played well enough to win at the same time. It's not like we got blown out of some game we weren't even in. One blown coverage and a Thomas snipe was the difference but we could have easily went to overtime or won this with a timely goal ourselves. Remember we're now playing teams that are already fighting for their playoff lives.

Good teams win a lot of these games but they do lose them every once in awhile too. They are a decent team but I would take our team in a 7 game series with St. Louis. It matters how you rebound, and so far we've been very good in that regard.

Also all this talk about Kuzmenko is just useless supposition. There is no guarantee he makes a lick of difference if he's playing last night. He hasn't been a difference maker all season. The coach is doing what he's doing for a reason. It's way too early to get the pitchforks out. We're two points out of first in the league. Would you panic and change everything if you had guided this team to the top of the league like this coach and management have? That's crazy talk.

Also, I know he's on the other team but I thought Bernie Federko had a great game for the Blues yesterday. 🥸 Also shoutout to @JamesB. Great summary of the game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

but are the 4 top 30 scorer because of talent or because of tocchet's system lol they were close to top 30 before tocchet arrived well 3 of the 4 anyways

I think regardless of Tocchet those guys would have excelled. It’s how the rest of the team is playing where he’s had the difference. I would say Foote and Gonchar have had more input in improving this team than Tocchet has. We were horrible in defensive structure before they came along.

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

I think regardless of Tocchet those guys would have excelled. It’s how the rest of the team is playing where he’s had the difference. I would say Foote and Gonchar have had more input in improving this team than Tocchet has. We were horrible in defensive structure before they came along.

i think tocchet have done well in holding them accountable for the most part.. but in terms of actual head coaching job.. i've really yet to see him make any adjustment in games yet

31 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Weird game tonight. 

I didn't think we played all that well but was still very much in the game. 

If you look at it glass half full, that's pretty good right? 

We had a lot of quality chances but missed the net. Some nights, a few of those shots go in. 

Petey either needs to start carrying his line or sign for 9.5m and let PA get him some help. 

I felt defensive coverage was slow and soft. Juulsen and Cole impressed. 

Zadorov was skating in quicksand. 

Funny thing is, this game has no bearing on their future games. Bring on NJ and NYR. We'll be fine

Yikes! 9.5 million? The good thing is by the end of the year we will know what he's worth. I honestly think he's worth less than 8 but I HOPE i'm wrong. I also hope we don't hear he's been signed anytime soon. Let's wait and see.

3 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

We were horrible with every aspect of the game, defensive just one of many. This is one of the biggest turn around from neg to pos in all aspects in recent memory. Can you honestly say that is because of 2 assistant coaches with zero head coach experience is the reasoning? 

9 minutes ago, Vancan said:

We were horrible with every aspect of the game, defensive just one of many. This is one of the biggest turn around from neg to pos in all aspects in recent memory. Can you honestly say that is because of 2 assistant coaches with zero head coach experience is the reasoning? 

or maybe the biggest turn around defensively is the players?? Hronek Cole soucy zadorov is better than what we had on defence the last 6-7 years? and not so much the coaching?

Edited by wai_lai416