[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

3 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Lol were sitting near the top of the league and were talking about firing coaches? 

Absolutely hilarious when we look at where we were 2 weeks before the season started. People really need to look in the mirror and try to think clearly about what they're saying.

Like really, only on CFF would 70% of the people be up in arms because we're first in the division, 5th in the league, 2 points out of first overall, 2 points clear of Vegas with a game in hand, 12 points ahead of the Oilers, 2nd in goals for, 5th in goals against, and posters are asking for the coaches head and questioning his every move. 

Really, you can't make this stuff up. It's beyond ludicrous. :frantic:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

obviously he's either not getting it or RT doesn't like him.  Either way, the current apprpach is both killng the player and his value.

He could be getting it and improving.

It's been said above in a post that we don't know what is happening behind the scenes and don't have all the information to say these things.

So therefore ...

We can't say he's not getting it. He very well could be getting it and improving. And to that end, RT could very well like him - which he has actually said in press confs.

• Cheers 1

38 minutes ago, tas said:

you're so close to getting it. 

the whole reason good pros aim to "play the right way" is so that when they're in a bit of a lull, as happens to every single player every single year, they're not hurting their team. 

"I;m so close to getting it"...Thanks wise, all knowing one....Wow you really are a pompous arrogant SOB arent you..

PS I was being sarcastic about Boeser

5 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

"I;m so close to getting it"...Thanks wise, all knowing one....Wow you really are a pompous arrogant SOB arent you..

PS I was being sarcastic about Boeser

condescension is a powerful tool in the toolbox. 

• ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, -dlc- said:

The other thing to consider if we're just totally speculating on the why's in all of this.

I've seen Kuz celebrating/having fun in practice....maybe the team, that shows others working their asses off, wants him to take it more seriously? Have more of a killer instinct and not all fun and games. While we've come to love that killer grin and enthusiasm....maybe more serious game face is needed? When Miller was taking things to heart and smashing sticks/gates closed he was called out for that. Maybe there's an extreme at the other end too.

Throwing that out there because being upset at him sitting without knowing all the facts and just assuming he's being punished and treated unfairly is only doing so with some information. Maybe there's more that we're not privy to.

I just get tired of always complaining about something/someone. Willy, Green, Benning....now Tocchet and company? Despite the success they are having, even if imperfect? I think they're doing something right in comparing where we were a year ago. 

I definitely think it's a fair possibility that he's just too aloof and doesn't buckle down like the others. Hopefully not but have you ever seen him be very serious or play pissed off for any duration?

Not saying one way or the other but managing high talent and sticky personalities has got to be one of the toughest things to do in sports. I know on the most successful teams I played on getting the high end talent to play the team game the right way was always one of the most significant battles.

One thing that seems to be unmentioned here is that part of the constructive criticism for Kuz is because he has so much more to give. It's not like a Lafferty, or Aman where there isn't a huge amount of untapped potential. Those guys are already playing at close to 100% capacity. So that's a big compliment to him, and like @CanucksJay said he can either embrace it, or move on. It's up to him. I think he has it in him to embrace it and become a better player.

3 minutes ago, tas said:

condescension is a powerful tool in the toolbox. 

Yes it is....for the feeble minded.. I'm ignoring you from here on in...gonna focus on posters who are smarter and wiser with deeper insight..like Canuckfanforever

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

I'd give Mikeyehev a game off, now and then, anyway.

Coming back from that surgery-a day off, occasionally, would likely help him.

His speed is his greatest asset, and without being fresh-his speed is not that much better than his opponents.

Another $5 mil third line winger. It shouldn't surprise anyone we don't have the proper options in the top 6.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

I think the brass sees more upside in Kuz and that's why they aren't cutting bait. 

They may think what they are asking him to do is actually teachable and once he learns, he'll be more valuable for us going forward than trading him right now for a 3rd line grinder. 

I think we are super fortunate to be in a situation where we can be patient and methodical in our approach than panicking and trading him looking for immediate results. 

You can refine a game to a degree, but at 27 he is who he is.........they're either ok with that or they aren't. 

23 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Glad he was sent back.

He really struggled in Abbotsford to find any traction. All the strengths we saw from his last year, you very rarely saw, and looked like a player that second guessed himself. The demotion to Kalamazoo didn't help either, I caught one game and he looked like a guy trying to do too much against men.

Needs a reset.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

Yes it is....for the feeble minded.. I'm ignoring you from here on in...gonna focus on posters who are smarter and wiser with deeper insight..like Canuckfanforever

bryan cranston coward GIF

2 hours ago, stawns said:

I disagree, but don't disagree tht he'll never be mistaken for a defensive stalwart.  It's unlikely he'sgoing toremakehis game at this point, especially when what he was doing was working for him. He is who he is and that's not likely to change much.  If that's the typeof player the Canucks want,then they need to cut bait before they tank his value altogether

That's fine. That's just what I see. Whenever he gets it I'm like owwwkay, he tried the tricky play again. It's always fun to watch and he's always close to making it, but it leads to a lot of turnovers whether on his stick or the position he's put his teammate in. One other thing I've noticed more and more is that rarely do any of our players hold up right inside their blueline and try to make a play there. It certainly looks as if they've been coached to get it in deep along the boards and not throw passes across the middle of the ice in that position. All the players know this play is on and that's why we get so many pucks in possession off turnovers in behind their net. Kuz is simply not following that part of the game plan imo.

As far as cutting bait you're probably right. I don't know. Too many variables at play for me to speculate.

10 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

I could hardy wait until lunch to check out this forum and y'all didn't disappoint.

Now back to work but first:

Blues are a big heavy board team that were clogging up the middle, more like playoff hockey from here on in.

Petey is a center and always will be he back checks simple, and Laffer was in for Kuzzy to try and soften up the defense and in case things got rough.

We now know why Cow fans say that when big Zad looks good he looks good and when he looks bad Yikes  ,,,, and yes Yikes.

BB back checking and covering for the D and hitting battling for the puck in the Van D zone was great to see, get a couple more goals on the road trip big shooter.

Once more into the breach dear friends, lets go road tripping.

GCG ✌️

I want what he's having !

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Right, so cut bait 

Yup, that's above my pay grade so I'll let them handle that. Maybe in a perfect world they would have known all the variables weeks ago and traded him already. There are a lot of other issues and players on the team besides Kuz and they are concentrated on winning games. They also need a trading partner, and we've seen how stingy this group is with their assets. They definitely don't panic when forced with a player situation. See Boeser.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. I'm not as worried as you about his tanking value. Management has been strong in this regard up to now. Meh, it is what it is.

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

I could hardy wait until lunch to check out this forum and y'all didn't disappoint.

Blues are a big heavy board team that were clogging up the middle, more like playoff hockey from here on in.

Petey is a center and always will be he back checks simple, and Laffer was in for Kuzzy to try and soften up the defense and in case things got rough.

We now know why Cow fans say that when big Zad looks good he looks good and when he looks bad Yikes  ,,,, and yes Yikes.

BB back checking and covering for the D and hitting battling for the puck in the Van D zone was great to see, get a couple more goals on the road trip big shooter.

GCG ✌️

Z is a solid physical #4.  Don't expect him to be able to carry a top 4 pairing by himself.  He won't drag it down as long as the other guy is carrying his own weight most nights.  My opinion.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

That is true. 

AB was getting lots of time before we traded him and he wasn't doing much to warrant it. 

To an extent, so was Garland but now he's too valuable to trade lol

I hope not playing Kuz is a sign that we're not showcasing Kuz for a trade. 

It really could be as simple as RT, Gonchar and co telling him this is the time to work on his game because he'll be huge for us in the playoffs when we absolutely need him to be. 

That would fire me up to train harder and not be a bag of negativity while sitting in the PB. 

Who knows? Maybe RT and the staff already have a plan in place with Kuzy and Milstein to bring him around slowly with a higher chance of success in sticking with this team. Work hard during practice and play him in the softer games where he can be more comfortable doing things like be the F1 hard on a forecheck when the stakes aren't as high so he doesn't abandon from the game plan and finds success. 

Once he masters that level, he'll start playing in the more grinding physical games. 

Funny thing is, at hand no idea what's going on internally and we're complaining or speculating about things we have no idea about. 

The last we heard was from Milstein saying that Kuz is fine and buying in with what the staff wants and is committed to training hard. 

I hope that is still the case and that is what's happening behind the scenes 

Yup. Need to trust the process despite not knowing exactly what it is. They’ve got us this far in short order. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Frozen Water Walker said:

GCG ✌️

Rice University Moon GIF by Virginia Young Democrats Teen Caucus

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gawdzukes said:

Absolutely hilarious when we look at where we were 2 weeks before the season started. People really need to look in the mirror and try to think clearly about what they're saying.

Like really, only on CFF would 70% of the people be up in arms because we're first in the division, 5th in the league, 2 points out of first overall, 2 points clear of Vegas with a game in hand, 12 points ahead of the Oilers, 2nd in goals for, 5th in goals against, and posters are asking for the coaches head and questioning his every move. 

Really, you can't make this stuff up. It's beyond ludicrous. :frantic:

Can you find me a post that proves the one you quoted? That anyone is calling for Tocc's head right now, for him to be fired right now?

Also, 70% of CFF fans are up in arms about being first in the division? What? please also prove that someone is mad that we are in the top few teams in the league.

One more question....Are you sure you cant' make this stuff up?

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

Can you find me a post that proves the one you quoted? That anyone is calling for Tocc's head right now, for him to be fired right now?

Also, 70% of CFF fans are up in arms about being first in the division? What? please also prove that someone is mad that we are in the top few teams in the league.

One more question....Are you sure you cant' make this stuff up?

Wasn’t @King Heffy calling for Tocchet and management to be executed or something? 

• Haha 1