[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

20 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Can you find me a post that proves the one you quoted? That anyone is calling for Tocc's head right now, for him to be fired right now?

Also, 70% of CFF fans are up in arms about being first in the division? What? please also prove that someone is mad that we are in the top few teams in the league.

One more question....Are you sure you cant' make this stuff up?

Sorry I was just talking off the cuff. That's kind of how it feels reading through the thread. Didn't realize I was going to be taken to task so no I can't prove it. I should have said "overly critical" perhaps. That's my cue to vamos. I will leave you guys to it.

Haha, I'm sure it can be made up. 😁 And it is!

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

Absolutely hilarious when we look at where we were 2 weeks before the season started. People really need to look in the mirror and try to think clearly about what they're saying.

Like really, only on CFF would 70% of the people be up in arms because we're first in the division, 5th in the league, 2 points out of first overall, 2 points clear of Vegas with a game in hand, 12 points ahead of the Oilers, 2nd in goals for, 5th in goals against, and posters are asking for the coaches head and questioning his every move. 

Really, you can't make this stuff up. It's beyond ludicrous. :frantic:

Excellent post. Spot on. It's interesting to see how the "up in arms" shifts from issue to issue when we're winning. The same old tired negative narratives from years past can't be parroted. The more we win the more beyond ludicrous it gets. Lol

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

18 hours ago, Conscience said:

Petey signs 8x8 or id dump his ass faster than he can bambi on the ice

18 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

If he was willing to do that it would already been done. 

If he does hold out for 11 or 12 million and plays inconsistently I hope he's mentally tough. Fans can be really hard on players they feel aren't playing up to their contract. L.E. and Myers are recent examples. Garland and Boeser are also examples to a lesser extent.Both were unhappy and asked to be moved but with their large cap hits where unmovable with out adding.

28 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Wasn’t @King Heffy calling for Tocchet and management to be executed or something? 

From what I can understand Heff has issues with their character, can't remember him saying he wanted Tocc fired in this thread or that he is one of a supposed 70% up in arms about being a top team.

Lets ask him... @King Heffy ?

11 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Sorry I was just talking off the cuff. That's kind of how it feels reading through the thread. Didn't realize I was going to be taken to task so no I can't prove it. I should have said "overly critical" perhaps. That's my cue to vamos. I will leave you guys to it.

You're a cool dude Gawdz. You have some good insight.

It's why i bother quoting you sometimes.

My take is that 99% of the people that come here love the team. They want what is best.

I have been critical of the brass of this team but even just today, proud as punch, I posted 'plan the parade'.

This is our window, this is an amazing group. 

So for me...'how it feels' lately is if you mention just a slight criticism, the defenders of the faith come charging and shout you down. After last game I wondered about not starting Demko and it was like the beyhive swarmed. Quite the reaction over such a small point I asked about. 

I read the word emotional sometimes around here, but in my eyes it is those defenders with their 'toxic optimisim' ( thanks @stawns) are the ones that are getting their knickers in a real twist. 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Excellent post. Spot on. It's interesting to see how the "up in arms" shifts from issue to issue when we're winning. The same old tired negative narratives from years past can't be parroted. The more we win the more beyond ludicrous it gets. Lol

Excellent post? 

He was making stuff  up.

70% of CFF would be 900+ posters I think...how about you find me 10% that is up in arms about being a top team in the league..

Sometimes people say the strangest things. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

From what I can understand Heff has issues with their character, can't remember him saying he wanted Tocc fired in this thread or that he is one of a supposed 70% up in arms about being a top team.

Lets ask him... @King Heffy ?

You're a cool dude Gawdz. You have some good insight.

It's why i bother quoting you sometimes.

My take is that 99% of the people that come here love the team. They want what is best.

I have been critical of the brass of this team but even just today, proud as punch, I posted 'plan the parade'.

This is our window, this is an amazing group. 

So for me...'how it feels' lately is if you mention just a slight criticism, the defenders of the faith come charging and shout you down. After last game I wondered about not starting Demko and it was like the beyhive swarmed. Quite the reaction over such a small point I asked about. 

I read the word emotional sometimes around here, but in my eyes it is those defenders with their 'toxic optimisim' ( thanks @stawns) are the ones that are getting their knickers in a real twist. 

Yeah, my objection to Tocchet is based on his character and history with organized crime.

• ThereItIs 1

I believe we're over thinking Kuz. We had huge expectations from a huge year. Teams adjusted their defense of him. And he's squeezing his stick harder hoping to regain last years mojo. He's basically in a sophomore slump. It happens.  Trading him for a late round pick would be throwing the baby out with the bath water. (Wish I knew how to photoshop).

Additionally Kuz is in a numbers problem.  We have too many of skilled small forwards. Teams are taking the body to us more. Only the Labor Ready Line is finding any room out there, well making their own room, physically. 

Maybe it's time to give Joshua PDG's spot. Trying the guys that are going with the top 6. And for gawds sakes shooting practices.

Screenshot_20240105_091741_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Hairy Kneel

6 hours ago, stawns said:

What's that got to do with anything?  Whether you're a coach or teacher you have to understand that everyone is different and you have to approach each of them differently to get the best out of them.  So far, I see toccchet using a blunt hammer on everyone who he thinks doesn't play the tocchet way........which is fine if that's what they want to do, but you can't just sit him in the press box and tank any value he has.  

To me, it's a pride thing and it's going to wreck a player and his value as an asset.

OK maybe thats your lens on it, but I don't see objective evidence for it. 

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Excellent post? 

He was making stuff  up.

70% of CFF would be 900+ posters I think...how about you find me 10% that is up in arms about being a top team in the league..

Sometimes people say the strangest things. 

That was an excellent post.

Look who's up in arms.

Lol

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

That was an excellent post.

Look who's up in arms.

Lol

Are you mistaking me for the worth of 900 people?

Man, now that is a compliment. Thank you. But even if you were right, which you are not, will you find me 899 more? as you see his post as excellent? of course you wont...

However, I am not up in arms. I think you have probably seen me around. I kinda dont do the emotional thing.

Why the LOL though? are you laughing at my perceived misery then? That would be a sad display of schadenfreude.

9 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

So will Kuzy soon be sleepin with da fishes....

Every once in a while Tocc flashes the phone number of Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino to Kuz... just to keep him working hard.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moeknows said:

You mean the ones that said "stop staring at me weirdo" lol

Wait,

Are you suggesting that if I start staring at girls again they will return to writing me with their lovely penmanship?

Sounds crazy, I give it a shot. If i am not back on the site for a while, I may have gotten arrested. 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

it's embarrassing honestly. for, what, a decade basically I've felt like I can't come to this place for 2 days after a loss because it's like walking into a daycare that chugged monster energy drinks and then skipped naptime. 

now, top 3 in the league, and STILL every loss, or hell 6-3 win, is a crisis? christ. 

I'm sorry for the language, but fuck. that. shit. 

• Upvote 1