[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Are you mistaking me for the worth of 900 people?

Man, now that is a compliment. Thank you. But even if you were right, which you are not, will you find me 899 more? as you see his post as excellent? of course you wont...

However, I am not up in arms. I think you have probably seen me around. I kinda dont do the emotional thing.

Why the LOL though? are you laughing at my perceived misery then? That would be a sad display of schadenfreude.

I said what I said. You don't have to like it. 

I'm completely fine with that. 

But it's interesting and ironic that you take issue with the "up in arms" thing when you appear to be up in arms over it. That's a bit funny, no?

I'm sure you can get that. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I said what I said. You don't have to like it. 

But it's interesting and ironic that you take issue with the "up in arms" thing when you appear to be up in arms over it. That's a bit funny, no?

It's the 70% of CFF part, man. 

Gawdz even said sorry and that he was talking off the cuff.

The only issue I took with you was your claim of it being an excellent post.

Anyway, I said what I said. You don't have to like it. 

3 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

It’s all about fun and laughing at other clubs. Always room to make sport of other clubs losing and their players sucking pucks. 
And it’s fine to critique our guys, providing it’s coming from a true fan. A fan who is 100% our fan and not a fan of any other team. (Unless we’re out of the playoffs) But criticism on a Canuck’s board by fans of other clubs while promoting our rivals’ players is worse than puck sucking. IMHAO. 

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

To me it was an excellent post. Spot on. Just because he was taking off the cuff doesn't mean he wasn't accurate. 

We disagree on that. So be it. 

But even without getting hung up on percentages of posters, people can see the recurring patterns of behavior and responses in threads after losses and what they suggest/indicate over time.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It’s all about fun and laughing at other clubs. Always room to make sport of other clubs losing and their players sucking pucks. 
And it’s fine to critique our guys, providing it’s coming from a true fan. A fan who is 100% our fan and not a fan of any other team. (Unless we’re out of the playoffs) But criticism on a Canuck’s board by fans of other clubs while promoting our rivals’ players is worse than puck sucking. IMHAO. 

Preach!

All other teams suck.

There is only Canucks.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

ust because he was taking off the cuff doesn't mean he wasn't accurate. 

I kinda think that is exactly what it means

70% is 900ish people. 

Silly, over the top by a mile, statement so that people can get 'up in arms' about all the ...what do you call them ' Wet blankets'?

but lets stop here.

i dont want to get you upset with me. I like your contributions. i just say my shit on here and move on. Sometimes I dont move on soon enough. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

70% is 900ish people. 

Silly, over the top by a mile, statement so that people can get 'up in arms' about all the ...what do you call them ' Wet blankets'?

but lets stop here.

i dont want to get you upset with me. I like your contributions. i just say my shit on here and move on. Sometimes I dont move on soon enough. 

Good call. I'm not trying to fight with you. I like yours too. Great way to put it. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Preach!

All other teams suck.

There is only Canucks.

this is truth. I mean why be a fan, on a forum for that team, watch the games, etc. if you're going to praise other teams? 

Its like going on a date, and then pointing to another woman and saying, gee honey, wouldn't a date with her be fun?

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

this is truth. I mean why be a fan, on a forum for that team, watch the games, etc. if you're going to praise other teams? 

Its like going on a date, and then pointing to another woman and saying, gee honey, wouldn't a date with her be fun?

You know me in other threads. I'm a nice dude because those threads reflect how I try to be in life.

In my fandom, I am not. I am tribal AF.

Canucks over all.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

From what I can understand Heff has issues with their character, can't remember him saying he wanted Tocc fired in this thread or that he is one of a supposed 70% up in arms about being a top team.

Lets ask him... @King Heffy ?

You're a cool dude Gawdz. You have some good insight.

It's why i bother quoting you sometimes.

My take is that 99% of the people that come here love the team. They want what is best.

I have been critical of the brass of this team but even just today, proud as punch, I posted 'plan the parade'.

This is our window, this is an amazing group. 

So for me...'how it feels' lately is if you mention just a slight criticism, the defenders of the faith come charging and shout you down. After last game I wondered about not starting Demko and it was like the beyhive swarmed. Quite the reaction over such a small point I asked about. 

I read the word emotional sometimes around here, but in my eyes it is those defenders with their 'toxic optimisim' ( thanks @stawns) are the ones that are getting their knickers in a real twist. 

Haha, all good brother. It's funny because I've been of a very critical view the last several years and argued such with a lot of great posters like yourself. Now I find myself on the other side. The reason I was so critical is because we weren't even allowing ourselves to compete ... and now that we are, I'm definitely trying to enjoy it. That's why most of us are fans in the first place.

So I totally get the critical angle. Just remember all of this stuff is part of the journey to playing the best hockey you can in the playoffs. We won't be perfect and adjustments will be made along the way. Not everything is going to backfire like it did the last couple years. Some things will work, and some won't, but that's half the fun.

Anyways, Cheers and have a good night!

• Cheers 3
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

You know me in other threads. I'm a nice dude because those threads reflect how I try to be in life.

In my fandom, I am not. I am tribal AF.

Canucks over all.

its fun to be a fan. I don't care if someone calls me a "homer" I wear that badge proudly. 

I've had good luck too. Was a Saskatchewan Roughriders fan, watched them win it all in 1989. Yeah I'm old. Watched the Jays from day 1, wasn't there in person but watched my team win two championships in a row. Now I've picked the Canucks. We're going to win too. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Haha, all good brother. It's funny because I've been of a very critical view the last several years and argued such with a lot of great posters like yourself. Now I find myself on the other side. The reason I was so critical is because we weren't even allowing ourselves to compete ... and now that we are, I'm definitely trying to enjoy it. That's why most of us are fans in the first place.

So I totally get the critical angle. Just remember all of this stuff is part of the journey to playing the best hockey you can in the playoffs. We won't be perfect and adjustments will be made along the way. Not everything is going to backfire like it did the last couple years. Some things will work, and some won't, but that's half the fun.

Anyways, Cheers and have a good night!

you know whats the best right now?

I'm arguing with Tas in another thread so that I can post in this one in peace.. dont tell him.

See, we can make all this fun!

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Bullsh*t.

Aman screwed up on his coverage of Thomas... left him open and let him score the winning goal.

Karlsson was on the ice at the same time.

Kuzmenko has 19 more points than Karlsson and 15 more than Aman.

And those two still earned their icetime more than Kuzmenko did at the time. Maybe that changes now, nevertheless it's about consistency. Kuzmenko doesn't have it yet.

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

70% is 900ish people. 

but lets stop here.

could it be Hyperbole ????

10 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

you know whats the best right now?

I'm arguing with Tas in another thread so that I can post in this one in peace.. dont tell him.

See, we can make all this fun!

Why waste ur time on tas?

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Moeknows said:

could it be Hyperbole ????

Well it would have to be????

My small point was it was drumming up people to moan about a negative group that is barely that size. And that nobody was calling for Tocc to be fired.

1 minute ago, Moeknows said:

Why waste ur time on tas?

SO I can talk to you folk in here, this thread, without him .

Its been hard, i was misreading some of his crap while flipping back and forth.

Edited by bishopshodan

1 hour ago, Joe King said:

If so what does  the L in OTL stand for.

The specific label doesn't matter so much; it's the point in the standings  that matters.

Both teams are awarded 1 point for being tied at the end of regulation. An additional point goes to the winner of the extracurricular.

The "OTL" is just a easier way of organizing the points system is all. It  used to be categorized as tie, but they can call it whatever they want.

Let's say naybe the league decides to categorize them as regulation ties again and then they have a whole subcategory of OT and SO wins with the additional 1 points are tallied in that column.

Would you still be calling them OT losses even though that's not what the specfic label says anymore?

In the end the outcome never really changed. It's simply an easier way of organize it on paper is all.