[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

12 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Canucks better come out with some bite tomorrow. Devils play today so we get them on a back to back. No excuses!!!

Except that we suck against NJ lol

35 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

The specific label doesn't matter so much; it's the point in the standings  that matters.

Both teams are awarded 1 point for being tied at the end of regulation. An additional point goes to the winner of the extracurricular.

The "OTL" is just a easier way of organizing the points system is all. It  used to be categorized as tie, but they can call it whatever they want.

Let's say naybe the league decides to categorize them as regulation ties again and then they have a whole subcategory of OT and SO wins with the additional 1 points are tallied in that column.

Would you still be calling them OT losses even though that's not what the specfic label says anymore?

In the end the outcome never really changed. It's simply an easier way of organize it on paper is all.

I only brought it up because two posters where making a bet. At that time the bet was based on wins and loses there was no mention of ties. So if overtime loses or shootouts loses couldn't be considered loses,What they would considered as for this particular bet. But to answer your question I personally consider it a loss. Loser point .

1 hour ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

IMG_4313.thumb.jpeg.5f146b820fd986f21e34c6e6f0a2df23.jpeg

Amanda Stein

IMG_4314.thumb.jpeg.89260902b0e7e564e24727c351664332.jpeg

Handwriting loving weirdos. 😅 Haha. Joking. My mom always told me that nice handwriting was a sign of a good man or something like that. Mine's legible and I know all the words but I wouldn't call it nice.

I can do it if I try but geez who has the time these days. Soon enough it will be a lost art like inscribing stone with a chisel.

Hope you're able to enjoy the game tomorrow and make some noise for us Canucks!

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Handwriting loving weirdos. 😅 Haha. Joking. My mom always told me that nice handwriting was a sign of a good man or something like that. Mine's legible and I know all the words but I wouldn't call it nice.

I can do it if I try but geez who has the time these days. Soon enough it will be a lost art like inscribing stone with a chisel.

Hope you're able to enjoy the game tomorrow and make some noise for us Canucks!

This is my favourite Monty Python moment and it’s all about inscribing stone with a chisel…

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Im a bit surprised how mediocre Aman has been. His first year he was a straight up burner up and down the ice.  This year it seems he isnt quite as quick but given his height/reach he still covers the ice fairly well.  Oh well, hope he finds some chemistry w linemates in the second half.  Canucks need a 4th line that can push the pace/grind opponents down.

1 hour ago, Tofu_Bud said:

Im a bit surprised how mediocre Aman has been. His first year he was a straight up burner up and down the ice.  This year it seems he isnt quite as quick but given his height/reach he still covers the ice fairly well.  Oh well, hope he finds some chemistry w linemates in the second half.  Canucks need a 4th line that can push the pace/grind opponents down.

6'2" 179 lb

I was hoping he'd hit the gym harder this off season to come in heavier.

We need that from our 4th line. But he didn't, and he's not a scorer. Next off season I hope they get him to add at least 10 lbs of muscle. 

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, stawns said:

The point of the discussion isn't whether he does or doesn't, the point is they have to do something with him.......either play him or trade him.  What they're doing now is destructive on multiple fronts

They don't have to play him or trade him. You're missing the 3rd option which is taking the time to teach him the system and training him during practice while he plays some games and sit some out. 

The problem is that you are solely seeing this situation as punishment and not giving Kuz a chance while that may be very far from the case. One could argue the instead of giving up on him and trading him, the Canucks are giving him a chance by trying to develop him properly so that he can contribute and be an asset for this team long term. 

Its really perspective and how you choose to look at things. 

Canucks may trade him if they feel he'll never "get it" but right now, they're doing what they can to teach him and keep him. Enough crying about asset management. I'd rather take the chance that Kuz will understand and play the way staff wants him to play than bet against him and trade him for a lesser player who'll never have the skillset or great attitude that he does. 

This leadership group has done more than enough for me to trust them over any of the armchair GMs here. 

• Cheers 2

23 hours ago, spook007 said:

Seems to be...

I don't tjink there is a single fan or player, that doesn't like Kuz. 

Not sure if Tocchets tough love will help Kuz play, or if it something deeper. 
Regardsless of reason, hopefully it gets sorted out one way or another, as having $5M in the press box is good for nobody. 

I think, despite what we think, we got to give To chet some lee way. 
He worked with very good players before and did well, so he earned the right to try different things. 

Not as much as head coach. What or how is "Did well" calculated? What does it mean?        

23 hours ago, IBatch said:

How much is because Tochett called the team out for been out of shape (not in elite shape).   Can't have it both ways.   6th where was most "experts" placed us after last season.   3 coaches now ... What the heck does Keenan have to do with it?  Tochett is a pussy-cat compared to him, as far as disciplanrian goes. 

As for Kuzmenko, think they will figure it out still but maybe it's time to make a trade. 

Out of shape at the start of the season?

Those games they won?

And now 3 months later it is an issue?

Keenan? Well that coaching group kinda included Messier helping to make decisions. Tocchet may be leaning on Miller, just an observation.

In the "old" days a coach could afford to have a personal issue about a player but team's cannot afford to play by the mood of the coach.

Watching the games it is clear that Kuzmenko's play has nothing to do with benching.

Virtually every thing he is accused of is FIRST, common in the game by all players

And SECOND Kuz plays where Tocchet's mood allows him to play.

To say Kuz doesn't play in the 3rd period because of Tocchet's feelings.

Kuz mostly not many shifts in the 3rd? Wow take a look, the team is out chanced a lot when he is not on the ice.

6th? Not that I can remember for this year. I kept hearing more than possible playoff spot.

1 hour ago, CanucksJay said:

They don't have to play him or trade him. You're missing the 3rd option which is taking the time to teach him the system and training him during practice while he plays some games and sit some out. 

The problem is that you are solely seeing this situation as punishment and not giving Kuz a chance while that may be very far from the case. One could argue the instead of giving up on him and trading him, the Canucks are giving him a chance by trying to develop him properly so that he can contribute and be an asset for this team long term. 

Its really perspective and how you choose to look at things. 

Canucks may trade him if they feel he'll never "get it" but right now, they're doing what they can to teach him and keep him. Enough crying about asset management. I'd rather take the chance that Kuz will understand and play the way staff wants him to play than bet against him and trade him for a lesser player who'll never have the skillset or great attitude that he does. 

This leadership group has done more than enough for me to trust them over any of the armchair GMs here. 

Have you ever been scratched like that at a Jr level or higher?

I assure you, this isnt a positive thing for Kuz........especially for an elite scorer who has probably never had to deal with this.  When you get scratched you feel embarrassed, humiliated, cut off from your team and your confidence in your game is completely shaken.  Add the media factor into it and it's a very public humiliation. 

It's not easy for his friends and teammates either.  You support him, but you also know not to get into.tye middle of it, so you distance yourself from it and him a bit.   

He and his agent are putting on a brave face, but behind that he isn't happy.  If it continues, there'll be a trade request.

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Have you ever been scratched like that at a Jr level or higher?

I assure you, this isnt a positive thing for Kuz........especially for an elite scorer who has probably never had to deal with this.  When you get scratched you feel embarrassed, humiliated, cut off from your team and your confidence in your game is completely shaken.  Add the media factor into it and it's a very public humiliation. 

It's not easy for his friends and teammates either.  You support him, but you also know not to get into.tye middle of it, so you distance yourself from it and him a bit.   

He and his agent are putting on a brave face, but behind that he isn't happy.  If it continues, there'll be a trade request.

I guess thats what the 5 million is for.

He has all the best resources in the world to help him improve. He still has the same fundamental problems on this team or any other, he has to improve his speed and conditioning here or anywhere else. 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Wow you're really getting into the emotions of it hey? 

I agree with you

No one likes getting scratched. And yes you do feel the emotions that you described as it happens. 

But here's the end result... 

There are 2 types of players. 

One that owns it, works on his game and becomes a better player

or

one that plays victim... looks around and compares himself to another guy who might be getting playing time, gets disgruntled and either quits or goes to a different team. 

Im hoping Kuz is the first type because those are the ones that win championships. 

Rarely do I see a guy ask for a trade because he's not getting playing time and then goes to another team and becomes a winner. 

This reeks of Jonathan Dahlen except Kuz has more skill and a way better attitude. 

• ThereItIs 2

Just now, CanucksJay said:

Wow you're really getting into the emotions of it hey? 

I agree with you

No one likes getting scratched. And yes you do feel the emotions that you described as it happens. 

But here's the end result... 

There are 2 types of players. 

One that owns it, works on his game and becomes a better player

or

one that plays victim... looks around and compares himself to another guy who might be getting playing time, gets disgruntled and either quits or goes to a different team. 

Im hoping Kuz is the first type because those are the ones that win championships. 

Rarely do I see a guy ask for a trade because he's not getting playing time and then goes to another team and becomes a winner. 

This reeks of Jonathan Dahlen except Kuz has more skill and a way better attitude. 

I've been scratched and I assure you there's nothing positive about it