[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

If you want a preview of playoff hockey. You just saw it. Defensive, low scoring. Tight. Fans should have realized how clueless when Canucks face a heavy team even a weak one like Bules (avg 200 lbs), they didn't even play physically hard on us but can make us lack physicality and overall weak puck retrieval. IMO to win the playoff series we need a heavy 2-way 2C, heavy 4C, and probably another 3D

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanuckFanForever said:

It means the team That JR, PA and Benning put together is playing to their potential as players and Tocchet's job is to make them play like a team and he isn't doing that job very well

and you're the only person in the entire world who can see it. 

lonely on that island. 

Just now, Tofu_Bud said:

It has already been clearly stated if Kuz is F1 you cant be a floater.  It throws everybody else off.

Sets a bad example as well.  

Canucks lost a 2-1 game and had some

decent looks.  Hockey.

Exactly this. Especially the fact that he throws others out of position. Tocchet explained this. That's the reality no one wants to accept. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Suter and Lafferty should not be in the top 6.  They look better offensively on the bottom 6 because they draw the weaker defensive opponents.  Once you put them in the top 6 playing against the other teams top shut down units, they end up looking like 3rd or 4th line guys plugging a top 6 hole.  This is the only issue I have had with Tocchet.  He has a 39 goal man in the press box.  Let him loose.

Canucks need to trade for a 2nd line center. 

Put Petey on Millers line so we have a true 1st line of Boeser Miller Petey 

And a 2nd line of 

Mikheyev NEW GUY Kuzmenko. 
have they tried Kuzmenko with Boeser and Miller this year?

2 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

it's called a loser point for a reason

a point is a point, particularly on an eastern trip where giving up the extra doesn't hurt you. 

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Exactly this. Especially the fact that he throws others out of position. Tocchet explained this. That's the reality no one wants to accept. 

Funny how it wasn;t an issue last year!

4 minutes ago, Tofu_Bud said:

It has already been clearly stated if Kuz is F1 you cant be a floater.  It throws everybody else off.

Sets a bad example as well.  

Canucks lost a 2-1 game and had some

decent looks.  Hockey.

At this point he’s not F1. Peteys line is the 2nd line on this team. Miller/Boeser is the 1st line.

5 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

deal

I hate this type of shit,not a blocker of anyone here even if I don’t agree it’s a community if you’re offended then u should just not participate

3 minutes ago, sxqhfeh said:

If you want a preview of playoff hockey. You just saw it. Defensive, low scoring. Tight. Fans should have realized how clueless when Canucks face a heavy team even a weak one like Bules (avg 200 lbs), they didn't even play physically hard on us but can make us lack physicality and overall weak puck retrieval. IMO to win the playoff series we need a heavy 2-way 2C, heavy 4C, and probably another 3D

But it isn't easy to make the playoffs by building a purely playoff team. 

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Canucks need to trade for a 2nd line center. 

Put Petey on Millers line so we have a true 1st line of Boeser Miller Petey 

And a 2nd line of 

Mikheyev NEW GUY Kuzmenko. 
have they tried Kuzmenko with Boeser and Miller this year?

2nd line C is probably making $5+ million. Who do we trade to fit that in the cap and why would a team do that? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, tas said:

and you're the only person in the entire world who can see it. 

lonely on that island. 

I somewhat agree with his point. Tocchet isn't the general manager. He shouldn't coach like he is.

Edited by Blue

I'm gonna say this one last time.  Petey is a good player but the idea he could make double digits is not cool.  I'm trying to remember the last time he broke a game open or put a team on his back.   A very opportunistic player for his points.  Again good player but you watch McKinnon, McDavid, Pastrnak, Mathews, Crosby, ovechkin, eichel, Hughes J, Hughes Q, tag Thompson, draiseitl, I dunno should I go on?  I have a ton of faith in current management not to overpay for a guy who is a wonderful complimentary player.

Edited by ronning4center
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Why Kuzmenko benched in favour of Aman and Karlsson?????

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense, and clearly Tocchet has a mental block when it comes to understanding Kuzmenko's value.

Nah. Kuzy was playing in the KHL his whole career. "Score goals" was all they ever asked of him, but there are still aspects of the NHL game he needs to learn to stay in the line up. Tocchet et al. know what they are doing. "Tanking value" is not their concern... nor should it be.

If they are icing guys like Karlsson and Aman it's because they've shown they can do the job at a more consistent basis than others, whether Kuzy or anyone else. 'Show you can do the job and you get rewarded.'  The way it should be on any good team.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1