[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

1 minute ago, CanuckFanForever said:

no it goes in the other lose column 

which used to be the tie column and is still used as such for all intents and purposes. 

Faceoff percentages:

Miller 35.3%

Petterson 37.5%

Bluegar 40%
Aman 28.6%

Anyone know why Sutr wasn’t taking the faceoffs today? You need possession to score in todays NHL. With those FO percentages you can clearly see we were not in control.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, ronning4center said:

I'm gonna say this one last time.  Petey is a good player but the idea he could make double digits is not cool.  I'm trying to remember the last time he broke a game open or put a team on his back.   A very opportunistic player for his points.  Again good player but you watch McKinnon, McDavid, Pastrnak, Mathews, Crosby, ovechkin, eichel, Hughes J, Hughes Q, tag Thompson, draiseitl, I dunno should I go on?  I have a ton of faith in current management not to overpay for a guy who is a wonderful complimentary player.

Great post.  I'm scared of what we might pay him.  Opportunist, very skilled but can not take games over like the truly elite can

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I somewhat agree with his point. Tocchet isn't the general manager. He shouldn't coach like he is.

what gives you even the slightest impression that he does when all we've heard in thousands and thousands of words from countless sources for months and months is how collaborative and inclusive and emotionally intelligent he is?

Nux not going to surprise any team, being #1 in West, albeit temporarily now Avs leapfrogged them.

Every other team is prepared, especially at home with last change.  The matchups on the road will be tough.  

Lost too many faceoffs. 32% is way too low. 

Blues are WC bubble team.  They are trying hard.  At least they are now tied with Oilers in pts now.  So it wasn't all bad.  Lol.

Win the NY/NJ games.  

I'm going to the Rangers game. 

• Cheers 1

Not the result we wanted - but no harm in losing 2-1 against a team that has played pretty well recently, had 4 days off from last game and was ready for us.  Yes, it would have been nice to win like crazy  (like the Oilers  6 games + counting ) - hopefully this team can at least perform consistently - (win 4-5 in each 8 games segments)  - they will need to play their absolute best though to beat some of the opponents coming up

For Saturday's game against the high power Devils, the Canucks will need to  tighten up even further and fully respect the speed / skill of the Devils.   I think given the Canucks position, every team seems to be taking away space / time from them and they will need to just do things faster at this point.

Hope either Petey or JT will step up soon given their relative quiet game tonight.- haven't been too concern about Petey lately but he does seem a bit off sometimes - maybe a slight injury, confidence or is it just the slow progress of his contract.  He's an awfully talented player that normally uses everyone around him so hope he snaps out it.

Think the Sedins should give him some of their old wisdom to help him out as they have seen almost everything.

Just Win.jpg

9 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

damn

image.thumb.png.325aa075803e869feb0a596ebd29aeac.png

Tocchet is the one responsible to put Lafferty with Petey.  Obviously it doesn’t work.  Not sure what Tocchet has to smoke to realize this. Hopefully Soucy is ready for the next game and we probably take out Juulsen…

Edited by Elias Pettersson

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Faceoff percentages:

Miller 35.3%

Petterson 37.5%

Bluegar 40%
Aman 28.6%

Anyone know why Sutr wasn’t taking the faceoffs today? You need possession to score in todays NHL. With those FO percentages you can clearly see we were not in control.

Suter was a winger today. 

Agreed FO were terrible.  Can't chase all game. 

Get Sutter or Malhotra back as faceoff coach.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Vancan said:

2nd line C is probably making $5+ million. Who do we trade to fit that in the cap and why would a team do that? 

If we’re not going to play Kuzmenko I would say package him with a young prospect, and a draft pick for a center. We do have 3.5 mil in cap space as well I believe.

1 minute ago, CanuckFanForever said:

OT - OT/Shootout losses (worth one point)

From the NHL standings page. notice the bold part

what information at eyoy.providing me that I was ignorant of? the word loss? read between the lines, guy. for the sake of a bet, you can't call an otl an l be ause they aren't equivalent. 

6 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

At this point he’s not F1. Peteys line is the 2nd line on this team. Miller/Boeser is the 1st line.

F1 refers to forward position in relation to the other forwards in the ice. 

Legend
x - Clinched Playoff spot
y - Clinched Division
p - President's Trophy
z - Clinched Conference
GP - Games Played
W - Wins (worth two points)
L - Losses (worth zero points)
OT - OT/Shootout losses (worth one point)
PTS - Points
P% - Points Percentage
RW - Regulation Wins
ROW - Regulation plus Overtime Wins
GF - Goals For
GA - Goals Against

This legend is on the NHL standing page there are no ties in the NHL anymore
Edited by CanuckFanForever