[PGT] Vancouver @ St. Louis

Chickenspear

Just now, Jaimito said:

Suter was a winger today. 

Agreed FO were terrible.  Can't chase all game. 

Get Sutter or Malhotra back as faceoff coach.  

Well that’s a dumb decision by the coaching staff then. Aman over Sutr to play center? Yeah does not make any sense. Not playing Kuzmenko and playing Karlson is a head scratcher too. I have not noticed Karlson in any game he’s played.

16 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Why Kuzmenko benched in favour of Aman and Karlsson?????

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense, and clearly Tocchet has a mental block when it comes to understanding Kuzmenko's value.

The team is having trouble scoring goals... WHY REMOVE A PROVEN SCORER???

If Tocchet is concerned about defense on the Pettersson line, then put someone else in place of Mikheyev... but leave Kuzzy on the line.

Better yet, leave both Mikheyev and Kuzzy on the line and let them play.

The first 15 games of the season the line was on fire... yes, it was Mikheyev who was scoring, but who cares... leave them together.

Now Mikheyev has cooled off, and Lafferty is not a fit... he just does not have the skills.

Tocchet needs to take a ton of laxatives, and just blow out all his bullsh*t ideas about Kuzzy.

Yep. Tocchet is trying to win 1/0. He really brought out the tweeners tonight. Good thing we traded Tanner Pearson. Tocchet would have him welded into the top 6. Because he's a good tweener.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tas said:

what information at eyoy.providing me that I was ignorant of? the word loss? read between the lines, guy. for the sake of a bet, you can't call an otl an l be ause they aren't equivalent. 

Legend
x - Clinched Playoff spot
y - Clinched Division
p - President's Trophy
z - Clinched Conference
GP - Games Played
W - Wins (worth two points)
L - Losses (worth zero points)
OT - OT/Shootout losses (worth one point)
PTS - Points
P% - Points Percentage
RW - Regulation Wins
ROW - Regulation plus Overtime Wins
GF - Goals For
GA - Goals Against

This legend is on the NHL standings page there are no ties in the NHL anymore
Edited by CanuckFanForever
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Nah. Kuzy was playing in the KHL his whole career. "Score goals" was all they ever asked of him, but there are still aspects of the NHL game he needs to learn to stay in the line up. Tocchet et al. know what they are doing. "Tanking value" is not their concern... nor should it be.

If they are icing guys like Karlsson and Aman it's because they've shown they can do the job at a more consistent basis than others, whether Kuzy or anyone else. 'Show you can do the job and you get rewarded.'  The way it should be on any good team.

You made sense until the last paragraph. Aman and Karlsson are showing they can do the job beterr than Kuzy 🤯

10 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Canucks need to trade for a 2nd line center. 

Put Petey on Millers line so we have a true 1st line of Boeser Miller Petey 

And a 2nd line of 

Mikheyev NEW GUY Kuzmenko. 
have they tried Kuzmenko with Boeser and Miller this year?

I think you hit it.  Sad too because people are saying that our second line center might get 12 million.  I don't see him leading any line to be honest.  Your right he needs to be on the wing of a play driving center.

24 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Not going to win on most nights with that effort. Lots of sloppy play. The NJD will rip us a new one if we play like that again. 

Put Kuzmenko back in the line up and LEAVE him there for more than 1-2 games. 
Canucks need to look for a 2nd line center. Throw Petterson on the wing. Guy can’t win a faceoff to save his life.

Boeser Miller Petey 

Mikheyev NEW GUY Kuzmenko

Joshua Bluegar Garland

Lafferty Sutr Hoglander 

OR put Juulsen on the 4th line when Soucy comes back. This team needs some more bite.

Boeser - Miller - Pettersson

Garland - Lindholm - Mikheyev 

Joshua - Blueger - Hoglander 

Lafferty - Suter - Aman

I think they gotta find a way to split up Hughes and Hronek when Soucy is back.

It was great early on but our other pairs just aren’t proficient enough at moving the puck. And when Hughes is out there he’s the one handling the puck 99% of the time. Kind of wastes Hronek’s offensive abilities.

Hughes Cole

Soucy Hronek

Zadorov Myers

Would like to see this. Have they tried Cole with Hughes at all? Pretty sure Cole has played with good puck movers in the past. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, ronning4center said:

I think you hit it.  Sad too because people are saying that our second line center might get 12 million.  I don't see him leading any line to be honest.  Your right he needs to be on the wing of a play driving center.

Unpopular opinion for sure because people always praise Petey’s 2 way defensive play and Selke Calibre play. But when I think Selke Trophy I think of guys like Kopitar/Bergeron. Guys that can actually win a faceoff to save their life.

21 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

you can't get lucky if you don't make chances in hockey 

Canucks had a bunch of point blank chances, especially in third, this was overall poor execution at both ends and they ran into a team interested in working as hard as them tonight. EP was meh, Hughes was really good but not other worldly like he is some times, Miller had a bunch of changes, Brock, Milky, Hronek were meh or worse. 

1 minute ago, CanuckFanForever said:
Legend
x - Clinched Playoff spot
y - Clinched Division
p - President's Trophy
z - Clinched Conference
GP - Games Played
W - Wins (worth two points)
L - Losses (worth zero points)
PTS - Points
P% - Points Percentage
RW - Regulation Wins
ROW - Regulation plus Overtime Wins
GF - Goals For
GA - Goals Against

This legend is on the NHL standings page their are no ties in the NHL anymore

here's the proposal then if you want to count 1 point as 0 points:

they lose all 3, I'll exempt you from my campaign or say tocchet should be fired or hell, both. 

they DON'T lose all 3, permanent ip ban for you. 

• Haha 1

Just now, CanuckMan said:

Well that’s a dumb decision by the coaching staff then. Aman over Sutr to play center? Yeah does not make any sense. Not playing Kuzmenko and playing Karlson is a head scratcher too. I have not noticed Karlson in any game he’s played.

Well, if they won tonight then it was a good move.  

I'm sure they will make adjustments for the next game.   

Road trip is not getting any easier.  Hope they finally can beat the Devils.  

6 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

From the NHL standing page

their is no tie column anymore.

And ties used to get you 1 point.  OTLs now get you that one point. You can call it whatever you want the outcome is the same: you get a point.

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

Unpopular opinion for sure because people always praise Petey’s 2 way defensive play and Selke Calibre play. But when I think Selke Trophy I think of guys like Kopitar/Bergeron. Guys that can actually win a faceoff to save their life.

Or a puck battle and stay on thier feet.  I think we have the answer as to why he hasn't been signed.  PA and JR aren't fools and know what they have.   A 7-8 million dollar player or a damn good trade asset.  

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Tocchet is the one responsible to put Lafferty with Petey.  Obviously it doesn’t work.  Not sure what Tocchet has to smoke to realize this. Hopefully Soucy is ready for the next game and we probably take out Juulsen…

The roster was very oddly constructed today.  There's a lot that didn't work.  I don't really get why we made so many changes from the Ottawa game.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Nah. Kuzy was playing in the KHL his whole career. "Score goals" was all they ever asked of him, but there are still aspects of the NHL game he needs to learn to stay in the line up. Tocchet et al. know what they are doing. "Tanking value" is not their concern... nor should it be.

If they are icing guys like Karlsson and Aman it's because they've shown they can do the job at a more consistent basis than others, whether Kuzy or anyone else. 'Show you can do the job and you get rewarded.'  The way it should be on any good team

Excellent post! So well said and accurate ... and free of emotion. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

you can't get lucky if you don't make chances in hockey 

They made lots of chances.

They just missed high or wide or got blocked. Not to mention Binnington had a pretty strong game.

It happens. I don’t have many complaints about that game though. They played a strong game just lacked finish.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Vancan said:

Plus what? Better be a big plus, or Conroy is hanging up on you. We don't really want Kuz at the moment so why would another team? 

Meh.

That’s what everyone thought with Zadorov as well. If these guys don’t intend to re-sign in Calgary it diminishes their value. We have a good chance to make a run this year, and a better one with a player of his caliber.