[GDT] Vancouver Canucks @ Satan's Minions, Where: Prudential Center, When: Jan 6 4PM PST (7PM EST), the WELL FR@CK, Come On Guyz!!, Kuzy In/Out Game

Rocket-68

A Couple of Polls  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Should the polls continue

• Yes
    • No
    • Fiddlesticks! Lay off them, I would rather have Big Zeke kick me in the nether regions with a frozen work boot and teeth pulled out by a Russian beet farmer than have to suffer another poll from you
    • Absolutely! No one ever asks my opinion on anything so this is a highlight of my day. Why, even the canvassers walk right past my door laughing.
    • Ambivalent - answering a poll, winning the lottery, blood pressure and heart rate don't change ... so meh whatever.
  2. 2. Who will not be on the team come end of January or by TDL for sure ... comments are just my opinion

• Rick Tocchet (there are a number clamoring for his head but then they also believe the world is flat)
    • Petey ... he is asking for too much so to the airport he goes
    • Ian Cole ... cap space needed
    • Kuzy ... gallons of ink spilled on why he will be out of Van in no time
    • Garland ... well, because the third line needs an upgrade (LOL)
    • None of the above, see my comments below

Just now, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Took the foot off the gas and making critical mistakes in the defensive zone is killing us. 

Got the 2 points, but not loving the process we have been bringing forward lately. 

This wont lead to playoff success if we keep playing this way. 

No worries.  They don't play like that in the playoffs. 

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

They played a great road game overall.

Yes, they let it slide...but teams down 3 goals at home start to come at your more. 

It's not easy to just breeze through.....get a lead and hold it unchecked.

Yes home teams come at you more.. the Canucks on the other hand when down by 3 at home didn’t vs flyers.. 

im still bummed that one game I was able to attend was that game… wish they played like devils tonight to made it interesting 

Just now, The Duke said:

They scored on a bunch of point shots.  Maybe we win 6-2 instead of 6-5.

Not if demko was human like this game was. I’m not hanging those 5 on him but I’m so used to seeing those so easily sent into the corners or in his glove.

Really rough game for Demko (I think he could have had all the goals, or at least 3 of them).

This team seems to struggle in the 3rd period, but they find ways to win

Just now, Jaimito said:

Who cares

Win the game you are given. 

Live and learn. 

Wins and victories all have learning experiences. 

I am sure we’re probably gonna see more effort preventing passes to weak side D for grade A chances(like how NJD scored tonight consecutively). 

• Jess unfeatured and unpinned this topic
1 minute ago, c00kies said:

Really rough game for Demko (I think he could have had all the goals, or at least 3 of them).

This team seems to struggle in the 3rd period, but they find ways to win

Huh? We literally havent lost a game when leading after 2. That proves that we normally don't struggle in 3rd periods..

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Huh? We literally havent lost a game when leading after 2. That proves that we normally don't struggle in 3rd periods..

I know we haven't lost, but we barely hang on to every game and get outplayed down the stretch. 

I'm not going to complain about wins, but it does worry me for playoffs.

9 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Well I just don’t want them to try to breeze through. That’s the issue. They need to learn to manage the game but they won so. I am worried about Demko’s mental game right now.  Seems to be battling the puck a bit.

He can't be great all the time, but that's ok. When he is, he really is.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Took the foot off the gas and making critical mistakes in the defensive zone is killing us. 

Got the 2 points, but not loving the process we have been bringing forward lately. 

This wont lead to playoff success if we keep playing this way. 

It is becoming ugly habit we developing.

2 minutes ago, c00kies said:

I know we haven't lost, but we barely hang on to every game and get outplayed down the stretch. 

I'm not going to complain about wins, but it does worry me for playoffs.

I am probably only fooling myself, but I like to think they are sort of doing it on purpose, play the way we will in the playoffs in period 1, then just give em some resistance till they get close and try to run out the game. Then come playoffs, they play a full game, the full 60, and shock our opponents into caving.

I can dream can't I?

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

He can't be great all the time, but that's ok. When he is, he really is.

No he cant,  but I just want to see things trending up for him. I know he will also have a stretch where he is lights out. I guess if that happens in the playoffs that’s when you want it to happen.

• Cheers 1