RUMOUR Kuz for Crouse +2nd

2 hours ago, Coryberg said:

You read it wrong, the wacky rumour was Crouse and a 2nd, not the other way around.

Crouse and a 2nd for Kuzmenko?? 

Why would Arizona do that?? 

Crouse is being overrated here. He could be a top nine forward in Vancouver sure, add a physical element who can play a reliable 200 foot game and help score some goals. 

He was available for several years and the Coyotes wanted a 1st rounder plus roster piece to move him. So he signed a multi year deal lol.

He has topped out at what ? 24 goals last season and around 40 points.

Kuzmenko potted nearly 40 goals and 80 points not to mention plenty of his goals were of the clutch variety.

Vancouver it is rumored is looking to add a scoring top six forward. I maintain they have one if their best options for that in Kuzmenko already. Can he skate and check harder like his teammates? Play more reliable 200 foot hockey? He has all those tools to do so.

The reality is I'd not be trading Kuzmenko for Crouse, at least not at this point. If Arizona wants a top six scorer they would be adding to Crouse as has been rumored or suggested by a somebody. Then again its not in Vancouver's interest to move a scorer with Kuzmenko's potential as he is what they need.

Maybe explore other assets to bring in Crouse as he can upgrade the top nine but he's not that surefire top of the lineup scorer the team sounds like they are trying to find.

I thought Crouse was producing offensively. 

But his career high was 45 points (24 goals, 21 assists). That's not a star player by any stretch of the imagination. Good piece to add to the team, though, if management can get it done. I wouldn't mind adding him to the roster. He might even be a good fit alongside Petey. 

1 hour ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Crouse is being overrated here. He could be a top nine forward in Vancouver sure, add a physical element who can play a reliable 200 foot game and help score some goals. 

He was available for several years and the Coyotes wanted a 1st rounder plus roster piece to move him. So he signed a multi year deal lol.

He has topped out at what ? 24 goals last season and around 40 points.

Kuzmenko potted nearly 40 goals and 80 points not to mention plenty of his goals were of the clutch variety.

Vancouver it is rumored is looking to add a scoring top six forward. I maintain they have one if their best options for that in Kuzmenko already. Can he skate and check harder like his teammates? Play more reliable 200 foot hockey? He has all those tools to do so.

The reality is I'd not be trading Kuzmenko for Crouse, at least not at this point. If Arizona wants a top six scorer they would be adding to Crouse as has been rumored or suggested by a somebody. Then again its not in Vancouver's interest to move a scorer with Kuzmenko's potential as he is what they need.

Maybe explore other assets to bring in Crouse as he can upgrade the top nine but he's not that surefire top of the lineup scorer the team sounds like they are trying to find.

Yeah. I think maybe the Canucks can get Crouse without giving up Kuzmenko? He's topped off at 45 points (24 goals) as his career high, and he's 26 years old. Not sure if he gets better moving forward. What if he doesn't, and the team gives up their 1st to acquire him. I'm not sure that's a good deal. 

17 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

But his career high was 45 points (24 goals, 21 assists). That's not a star player by any stretch of the imagination. Good piece to add to the team, though, if management can get it done. I wouldn't mind adding him to the roster. He might even be a good fit alongside Petey. 

Well he currently is. He’s on pace for a 35+ goal season. 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Yeah. I think maybe the Canucks can get Crouse without giving up Kuzmenko? He's topped off at 45 points (24 goals) as his career high, and he's 26 years old. Not sure if he gets better moving forward. What if he doesn't, and the team gives up their 1st to acquire him. I'm not sure that's a good deal. 

He’s been trending well the past few years and likely would be playing with much better linemates. 

I reckon his play would be elevated to a certain extent. Point totals would improve playing with either Miller or Petey. 

How does the cap work if you don’t give up Kuzmenko?  Crouse is on a good value contract taking up the better half of his prime. He isn’t a prime asset but he isn’t a cheap one either.  Same with Kuz. 

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He’s been trending well the past few years and likely would be playing with much better linemates. 

I reckon his play would be elevated to a certain extent. Point totals would improve playing with either Miller or Petey. 

How does the cap work if you don’t give up Kuzmenko?  Crouse is on a good value contract taking up the better half of his prime. He isn’t a prime asset but he isn’t a cheap one either.  Same with Kuz. 

That's true. I mean, it could be possible for a Crouse - Kuzmenko swap. Crouse is 26, Kuzmenko's 27, they're almost the same age. Crouse is younger, by a year, so there's still a possibility that he could still improve. But I think if Crouse can back check, and just check in general better than Kuzmenko, and is he's on pace, like you say, for 35 plus goals, could be a good trade for both sides. 

Just now, N4ZZY said:

That's true. I mean, it could be possible for a Crouse - Kuzmenko swap. Crouse is 26, Kuzmenko's 27, they're almost the same age. Crouse is younger, by a year, so there's still a possibility that he could still improve. But I think if Crouse can back check, and just check in general better than Kuzmenko, and is he's on pace, like you say, for 35 plus goals, could be a good trade for both sides. 

I mean at 4.3M I probably wouldn’t expect Crouse to put up 35 goal seasons. He’ll probably come down to earth. Point being potential is there to play in our top 6 offensively with better players while already being multifaceted in being a 200 ft player, main PKer on Yotes, physical player and leader of a young team. 

I just look at him like a big piece of a larger puzzle. A guy that Tocchet would probably love to have. 

Depending the price I would not mind him. Prime assets are a no go for him. Unless we getting another Hronek I am keeping prime assets. 

9 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I mean at 4.3M I probably wouldn’t expect Crouse to put up 35 goal seasons. He’ll probably come down to earth. Point being potential is there to play in our top 6 offensively with better players while already being multifaceted in being a 200 ft player, main PKer on Yotes, physical player and leader of a young team. 

I just look at him like a big piece of a larger puzzle. A guy that Tocchet would probably love to have. 

Depending the price I would not mind him. Prime assets are a no go for him. Unless we getting another Hronek I am keeping prime assets. 

that's the thing, though. Arizona probably wanting prime assets for Crouse. 

1 hour ago, N4ZZY said:

There's much more to this player than stats show. IMO he hasn't even hit his stride yet in this league.

He's a 6'4" physical winger, who was rushed into the league, and has had to languish on a shitty, mess of a team ever since, for his whole career.

With the right fit and line mates IMO he's a 30/25 guy, or even better.

I like Kuz a lot, but if he's not in the plans here, and we can get a RT type player in Crouse for him (200 ft player, physical) we should take it and run...Crouse would be much more effective in the playoffs than Kuz too.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 hour ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

There's much more to this player than stats show. IMO he hasn't even hit his stride yet in this league.

He's a 6'4" physical winger, who was rushed into the league, and has had to languish on a shitty, mess of a team ever since, for his whole career.

With the right fit and line mates IMO he's a 30/25 guy, or even better.

I like Kuz a lot, but if he's not in the plans here, and we can get a RT type player in Crouse for him (200 ft player, physical) we should take it and run...Crouse would be much more effective in the playoffs than Kuz too.

Guess it all depends on what Arizona would want in return right? Kuzmenko for Crouse, one for one? I think I do that deal. 

• ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

If we don’t give up Kuzmenko then we’d have to trade Myers to Arizona plus a 1st round pick plus a prospect.  That prospect might have to be Höglander or Podkolzin, or maybe even Lekkerimäki. I’d do the deal with Höglander but not the other two.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If we don’t give up Kuzmenko then we’d have to trade Myers to Arizona plus a 1st round pick plus a prospect.  That prospect might have to be Höglander or Podkolzin, or maybe even Lekkerimäki. I’d do the deal with Höglander but not the other two.

We aren't trading Lekkerimäki, Willander or Brzustewicz. No chance! 

I also don't think cap wise we could trade Myers for Crouse. Myers expiring contract is pretty much earmarked for raises to Petey and Hronek. We would be painting ourselves into a corner once again cap wise.

Crouse is having a huge year while Kuz is the opposite so we'd be buying high selling low, so we'd have to add big time. Probably Kuz + 2nd way down the line or one of our solid defensive prospects.

I'd do it though, big boy who can score, much better than 5M in the press box most nights and he fits Tocchet's style a lot better.

• Like 1

Anyone that thinks this trade have a remote chance of happening with or without the 2nd is probably out to lunch. What makes you think Arizona isn’t on the top of every players no trade list that have any sort of ntc? Who wants to go play in a college arena if given the choice?

2 hours ago, Coryberg said:

We aren't trading Lekkerimäki, Willander or Brzustewicz. No chance! 

Hot take... I'd trade Punky Brewster for a  22-24 aged, #2-3 RHD that's under contract personally.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Hot take... I'd trade Punky Brewster for a  22-24 aged, #2-3 RHD that's under contract personally.

Kuz Missile + Punky Brewster + 2024 first + 2025 first to the Sens for Brady Tkatchuk + Zub? 

• ThereItIs 1

17 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

The source of the "rumour" is essentially just a fan site. No credibility at all.  Arizona wouldn't swap Crouse for Kuzmenko 1 for 1, let alone adding a 2nd 

/thread

Crouse is too valuable for them on that contract to move for less than an overpayment 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

/thread

Crouse is too valuable for them on that contract to move for less than an overpayment 

Coyotes need to sell seats and have players the fans down there can be excited about. Crouse is a very good player. But he’s not selling any seats. Kuz Missile is an elite skilled offensive guy who fans will buy tickets to watch play. He’s cute as heck and has that fantastic personality the club can use to advertise their product too. There’s a lot more than just hockey as the focus in a place like Arizona when it comes to trades. Coyotes add. 

• ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kuz Missile + Punky Brewster + 2024 first + 2025 first to the Sens for Brady Tkatchuk + Zub? 

They're not trading Tkachuck anymore than (even less) ARZ is trading Crouse I'd imagine.