RUMOUR Kuz for Crouse +2nd

4 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

If Minny is thinking of going in a different direction, which they might be, I'd be okay going all-in for him. Ek is exactly what we need if we want to keep the Lotto line together: 26yo, 6'3 207lbs, 200ft player, term. 

Could Allvin steal Ek like he stole Hronek? 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's telling that we could even think he could pull it off.

Ek is such a critical piece for minni it would be very expensive.

But maybe Kuzy + 1st + prospect?

Edited by Bob Long

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think it's possible. Dhali reported today that there's talk about him.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

It's telling that we could even think he could pull it off.

Ek is such a critical piece for minni it would be very expensive.

Spitballin': Kuzy, Lekkermaki, Raty, 1st. Who says no? 

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Expensive but you would think theyd do that. I'd maybe take Ratu out of it tho if JL is part of it.

Just now, Bob Long said:

Expensive but you would think theyd do that. I'd maybe take Ratu out of it tho if JL is part of it.

I have no clue if they're willing or would take it, but Dhali mentioned Ek has been in discussion. They would probably want Raty as a potential defensive C replacement one day for them. Kuzy might not waive, so he could be the one to say no. Ek is the sort of guy I'd be willing to part with Lekk for. It would be a big move, for sure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Fair enough. Might be too much of an overpayment, but I think it's close. 

I agree that it’s close. I think a deal would require Lekker and that’s a nonstarter for me. But the only other winger of similar value in my mind is Podz and I want him too haha. I don’t think Kuz, Raty and a 1st gets it done either. If it was Kuz of last year we were talking about this proposal would look absurd 🥴😕

1 minute ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

I agree that it’s close. I think a deal would require Lekker and that’s a nonstarter for me. But the only other winger of similar value in my mind is Podz and I want him too haha. I don’t think Kuz, Raty and a 1st gets it done either. If it was Kuz of last year we were talking about this proposal would look absurd 🥴😕

Lekk is a non-starter for a lot of trades, but nabbing an elite 200ft defensive 2C with term, I think, would be worth the sacrifice. 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I do,

I do not think Ek is worth 2 1st rounder + roster player like Kuz + B+ level prospect.  That's way too much.  When I look at the Debrincat trade, Ek should have a similar value, even if I think hockeywise I prefer Ek, marketwise being a flashy, goal scorer, Debrincat could have a higher value.  It's also more than we got for Horvat, which is another good comparable IMO.

Kuzmenko >> Kubalik

Raty > Sebrango

1st Detroit = 1st Canucks (I say equal even if Canucks are higher in the standing due to condions attached to Detroit 1st)

Lekkerimaki >>>>> 4th rounder

I'd remove Lekke or 1st, preferably Lekke IMO

Edited by timberz21
  • Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I do,

I do not think Ek is worth 2 1st rounder + roster player like Kuz + B+ level prospect.  That's way too much.  When I look at the Debrincat trade, Ek should have a similar value, even if I think hockeywise I prefer Ek, marketwise being a flashy, goal scorer, Debrincat could have a higher value.  It's also more than we got for Horvat, which is another good comparable IMO.

Kuzmenko >> Kubalik

Raty > Sebrango

1st Detroit = 1st Canucks (I say equal even if Canucks are higher in the standing due to condions attached to Detroit 1st)

Ek is 5.25 for five more years, and that's worth an overpayment. Plus, he's way more defensively responsible and plays a heavier game than Bo. It's a tough one to swallow with Lekk being included, but you have to give quality to get quality with term. 6'3 207lbs 200ft centermen are very hard to find at a reasonable cap hit with term. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I do,

Kuzmenko >> Kubalik

Raty > Sebrango

Ek is an excellent player who helps his club in a lot more ways than a guy like deBrincat. And Ek is on a really good contract for long term. He’d cost a lot. Our first is going to be really late too.

Kuz Missile + Raty + 2024 first + would likely be the cost. If Lekkerimaki is insisted upon then that’s a deal breaker. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

If Minny is thinking of going in a different direction, which they might be, I'd be okay going all-in for him. Ek is exactly what we need if we want to keep the Lotto line together: 26yo, 6'3 207lbs, 200ft player, term. 

yes and on a great contract 

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ek is an excellent player who helps his club in a lot more ways than a guy like deBrincat. And Ek is on a really good contract for long term. He’d cost a lot. Our first is going to be really late too.

Kuz Missile + Raty + 2024 first + would likely be the cost. If Lekkerimaki is insisted upon then that’s a deal breaker. 

No chance Allvin gives up his first drafted prospect. 

They’d probably be very interested because of the Ohgren connection but there’s no way he’s included.

• ThereItIs 1

On 1/7/2024 at 1:00 AM, N4ZZY said:

that's the thing, though. Arizona probably wanting prime assets for Crouse. 

Which is why when he was shopped around the league there were no takers willing to pay that " prime assets " price and he was signed long term by the Coyotes.

He would be a helpful player absolutely, just further down the list of players the team could target.

I have no clue if they're willing or would take it, but Dhali mentioned Ek has been in discussion. They would probably want Raty as a potential defensive C replacement one day for them. Kuzy might not waive, so he could be the one to say no. Ek is the sort of guy I'd be willing to part with Lekk for. It would be a big move, for sure.

Ek would be a wet dream for your points exactly but I can't see Mini doing it.  1st and Raty no problem but not sure how the dollars work

He just happened to read my suggestions on here the last couple of days regarding Ek lol. I guess I reported it too haha.

But joking aside, he is a player I would target and no Lekkermaki would NOT be part of that deal.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Ek would be a wet dream for your points exactly but I can't see Mini doing it.  1st and Raty no problem but not sure how the dollars work

Kuzy has to be included. He might also waive to play with Kaprizov? I don't think Kuzy, Raty, 1st gets it done. Maybe they'd take Hunter B instead of Lekk, but we may have to add a later pick as well. 

• ThereItIs 1

38 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

I do,

Kuzmenko >> Kubalik

Raty > Sebrango

Agreed, remove Lekke and then it's palatable 

5 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

I think so, love how DET is now looking for a top pairing d man, see Hanififn rumours 

Looking for a top pairing LHD. Yzerman saw Hronek as getting stuck behind Seider. 

Just now, Donald Trump said:

Agreed, remove Lekke and then it's palatable 

We have to keep in mind who we're getting with term for Lekk. Ek is an elite 2C 200ft, big, and plays a heavy game. He's the kind of player that moving Lekk for would hurt at first but soon be replaced with jubilation at who we got in return. 

Regardless, it's still so crazy that we're even discussing being such big buyers this year to make a legit run at the Stanley Fucking Cup. Nuts.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Kuzy has to be included. He might also waive to play with Kaprizov? I don't think Kuzy, Raty, 1st gets it done. Maybe they'd take Hunter B instead of Lekk, but we may have to add a later pick as well. 

It would be tough to give up Lek and at that point I'm looking at Bjugstad where a 1st and Raty would be over payment.  Has a bit of term to let Raty/Sasson cook more.

• Cheers 2