RUMOUR Kuz for Crouse +2nd

18 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

It would be tough to give up Lek and at that point I'm looking at Bjugstad where a 1st and Raty would be over payment.  Has a bit of term to let Raty/Sasson cook more.

I'd be open to that for sure. Right handed, too, which we lack and need badly. He's 31, though, so not as ideal as having Ek locked in long term, but I trust Allvin & Co to do the right thing.

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Ek is 5.25 for five more years, and that's worth an overpayment. Plus, he's way more defensively responsible and plays a heavier game than Bo. It's a tough one to swallow with Lekk being included, but you have to give quality to get quality with term. 6'3 207lbs 200ft centermen are very hard to find at a reasonable cap hit with term. 

Seems like an overpayment. GREAT target for all the reasons already discussed but if we're being asked to pay that much, I'd just look elsewhere.

• ThereItIs 1

34 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Seems like an overpayment. GREAT target for all the reasons already discussed but if we're being asked to pay that much, I'd just look elsewhere.

It certainly would be a lot to give up, but he fits our window, would be a core piece, and imagine extending Blueger and next year Suter and having Petey, Ek, Blueger, and Suter down the middle for the next five years. That's defensive centre depth that can produce that basically no other team has. I'm definitely open to other options, though. Fun to spitball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

Your voice is heard 😏

Lol

I would do Kuzy, Hoglander and a 1st. Lekkerimäki is a future 30+ goal scorer with 3 years of cheap ELC (7 years of club control). I'm not trading him or Willander unless it's for makar, bedard etc.

11 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

It certainly would be a lot to give up, but he fits our window, would be a core piece, and imagine extending Blueger and next year Suter and having Petey, Ek, Blueger, and Suter down the middle for the next five years. That's defensive centre depth that can produce that basically no other team has. I'm definitely open to other options, though. Fun to spitball.

I'd just rather pay a far smaller cost for a guy like Bjugstad as @Rusty Shackleford suggested. Ek, by all means for a "reasonable" acquisition cost... but for Kuz + the equivalent of 3 1sts (one of them pretty high).... No thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Coryberg said:

Lol

I would do Kuzy, Hoglander and a 1st. Lekkerimäki is a future 30+ goal scorer with 3 years of cheap ELC (7 years of club control). I'm not trading him or Willander unless it's for makar, bedard etc.

We need Hoglander to replace Garland after we move him this summer. Find a different piece 😛 

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'd just rather pay a far smaller cost for a guy like Bjugstad as @Rusty Shackleford suggested. Ek, by all means for a "reasonable" acquisition cost... but for Kuz + the equivalent of 3 1sts (one of them pretty high).... No thanks. 

That's fair. We could probably take out Raty and it still might be enough to get it done... IF Minny is looking to change directions. Or Kuz, Raty, Hunter B, 1st. We have other assets they might bite on that aren't named Lekkermaki or Willander. 

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

That's fair. We could probably take out Raty and it still might be enough to get it done... IF Minny is looking to change directions. Or Kuz, Raty, Hunter B, 1st. We have other assets they might bite on that aren't named Lekkermaki or Willander. 

Personally I don't think its should cost that much. IMO Raty or Hunter B on top of Kuzy and a 1st is more than enough. 

3 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I think Kuz+Lek+1st is gonna be pretty darn close to getting it done.  Might have to throw something else in as a sweetener, but I think Minny would be really interested with those pieces on the table.

Just now, aGENT said:

Personally I don't think its should cost that much. IMO Raty or Hunter B on top of Kuzy and a 1st is more than enough. 

I will drive to Minnesota to drop Ek off at the airport and then drive home from Minnesota if they'd take that. I don't see them taking that, though, as he's a special piece with lots of term on a very friendly deal. He's not a rental, and we'd have to really sweeten the pot to pry him loose.

Whether they keep the lotto line together, or they decide to split them up. If we're giving up assets, going for a center as opposed to a winger might still make the most sense. A center shifting to the wing is always easier, and is such a nice option to have in the case where the primary center is waived out.

Someone that comes to mind instead of Crouse or Ek for me is Dylan Strome. His contract isn't terrible, has term, plays center, and he's a big body. On the other side, if we're willing to let Kuzy go, the Caps could be the spot since they've got some fellow countrymen in Ovechkin and Kuznetsov. Dylan Strome's best year was last year too, so I could see there being more to him (especially if he plays with a Pettersson).

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I think Kuz+Lek+1st is gonna be pretty darn close to getting it done.  Might have to throw something else in as a sweetener, but I think Minny would be really interested with those pieces on the table.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be okay moving Lekkermaki to get Ek. Ek is a sure thing, and as good as Lekk has progressed, he won't be ready for at least two years, the 1st for probably four years, and Ek would join us this year and fits our window. He'd be another core piece. 

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I'd be okay moving Lekkermaki to get Ek. Ek is a sure thing, and as good as Lekk has progressed, he won't be ready for at least two years, the 1st for probably four years, and Ek would join us this year and fits our window. He'd be another core piece. 

I'm with you on that 100%.  Even have a thread about it lol.  It's the fact he's cost controlled for years that makes it worthwhile.  We know we're getting a 50 to 60 point centreman that has size and is incredibly reliable defensively.  We don't need another 1C, we need a defensively reliable 2C. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ngoway said:

Whether they keep the lotto line together, or they decide to split them up. If we're giving up assets, going for a center as opposed to a winger might still make the most sense. A center shifting to the wing is always easier, and is such a nice option to have in the case where the primary center is waived out.

Someone that comes to mind instead of Crouse or Ek for me is Dylan Strome. His contract isn't terrible, has term, plays center, and he's a big body. On the other side, if we're willing to let Kuzy go, the Caps could be the spot since they've got some fellow countrymen in Ovechkin and Kuznetsov. Dylan Strome's best year was last year too, so I could see there being more to him (especially if he plays with a Pettersson).

And it's all about depth for the playoffs.  If we have these guys as our capable centres, we'll be pretty comfortable.

Petey

Miller

Eriksson Ek?

Blueger

Suter

Aman

Lafferty

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And it's all about depth for the playoffs.  If we have these guys as our capable centres, we'll be pretty comfortable.

Petey

Miller

Eriksson Ek?

Blueger

Suter

Aman

Lafferty

100% on the depth front. We can never have enough centers since they can easily transition to the wing. I don't watch the Caps on a regular basis or follow them closely, so I'm not sure how highly they value Strome but am assuming they do a fair amount. I feel like Eriksson Ek is probably more important to the Wild though than Strome is to the Caps?

I could be wrong there, but also get the sense that our management is smarter than trading away too many of our top prospects at the moment.

Just now, ngoway said:

100% on the depth front. We can never have enough centers since they can easily transition to the wing. I don't watch the Caps on a regular basis or follow them closely, so I'm not sure how highly they value Strome but am assuming they do a fair amount. I feel like Eriksson Ek is probably more important to the Wild though than Strome is to the Caps?

I could be wrong there, but also get the sense that our management is smarter than trading away too many of our top prospects at the moment.

Yeah if it isn't Eriksson Ek, and we don't want to give up top tier prospects, then we need to look elsewhere.  Either way, we need another centre for playoff depth IMO.  Depth at centre and defence is probably the most important thing for the playoffs.  The Avs have not been the same since Kadri left.  They were a powerhouse with him there.  Canucks are a 2C away from being a top tier Cup contender.

8 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Yeah if it isn't Eriksson Ek, and we don't want to give up top tier prospects, then we need to look elsewhere.  Either way, we need another centre for playoff depth IMO.  Depth at centre and defence is probably the most important thing for the playoffs.  The Avs have not been the same since Kadri left.  They were a powerhouse with him there.  Canucks are a 2C away from being a top tier Cup contender.

Agreed. A legitimate 2C and if possible another D for defensive depth and that'll really go a long way.

For some reason, I get a feeling that someone like a Dylan Strome is someone this management group would target. His stats give me the feeling that he's close to breaking out, so his value isn't as high as it could be. This is also me speaking from a point of view of not knowing the Caps as well. But he stands out as a somewhat sleeper acquisition for me haha.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jester13 said:

I will drive to Minnesota to drop Ek off at the airport and then drive home from Minnesota if they'd take that. I don't see them taking that, though, as he's a special piece with lots of term on a very friendly deal. He's not a rental, and we'd have to really sweeten the pot to pry him loose.

Most likely we'd have to overpay to get Ek. We're probably not the right trading partners for them without crippling the depth of the organization. 

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, ngoway said:

Agreed. A legitimate 2C and if possible another D for defensive depth and that'll really go a long way.

For some reason, I get a feeling that someone like a Dylan Strome is someone this management group would target. His stats give me the feeling that he's close to breaking out, so his value isn't as high as it could be. This is also me speaking from a point of view of not knowing the Caps as well. But he stands out as a somewhat sleeper acquisition for me haha.

Dylan Strome would fit the age (26 years old), and he's scored at a 20 goal pace; could improve if he comes over here and plays with the guys on the team. 

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Most likely we'd have to overpay to get Ek. We're probably not the right trading partners for them without crippling the depth of the organization. 

We have two years now where we can go really deep without cap problem.

The third year we can stumble a bit due to the OEL millions and the shift in players. 

How much do we have to add if we ship 2024 and 2025 firsts? 

5 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Dylan Strome would fit the age (26 years old), and he's scored at a 20 goal pace; could improve if he comes over here and plays with the guys on the team. 

Does Mik fit into a possible deal? His play doesn't warrant top 6. 

10 hours ago, LillStrimma said:

We have two years now where we can go really deep without cap problem.

The third year we can stumble a bit due to the OEL millions and the shift in players. 

How much do we have to add if we ship 2024 and 2025 firsts? 

During those years where OEL's cap is at like 4M, I'd like to keep our 1sts, just in case we have a bad one off kind of season. If we don't have any draft capital, it's going to be awfully hard to continue to grow and improve the depth with less and less depth, especially players on their ELC's that can produce like Jonathan Lekkerimaki. I expect him to be an impact forward when he's ready to be a full time NHLer. Same with Willander. Those two are the absolutely non-touchables for me in terms of prospects.