RUMOUR Kuz for Crouse +2nd

9 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Does Mik fit into a possible deal? His play doesn't warrant top 6. 

Thing is, I don't know too much about Dylan Strome's defensive play. If we trade for a player, we better have Tocchet's input on the kind of player they're about to acquire, because you don't really want another Kuzmenko type of situation. I like Mik, but he just can't seem to stay healthy. He's healthy now, but he can't put the puck in the net. Just watch, once he catches a little fire and starts putting pucks in net, he'll get injured, then shut down, etc. He hasn't played a full season, and I think he's what, half way into his deal? 

• Cheers 1

On 1/11/2024 at 11:25 AM, Jester13 said:

Joel Eriksson Ek. 26yo 2C, 6 foot 3 207lbs, good 5.25aav with term. 

Not sure the chances, but this guy fits the mold.

On 1/11/2024 at 12:13 PM, Diamonds said:

The only reason Minnesota entertains trading Eriksson Ek is if they decide to go scorched earth rebuild.

He's an elite defensive center who somewhat recently found another level offensively and is locked in at a good cap hit for the next 5 seasons. Plus he is a member of the leadership core and as you pointed out still fairly young. I can't see why Minnesota would ever consider trading him unless it's a massive overpayment.

On 1/11/2024 at 12:20 PM, Jester13 said:

If Minny is thinking of going in a different direction, which they might be, I'd be okay going all-in for him. Ek is exactly what we need if we want to keep the Lotto line together: 26yo, 6'3 207lbs, 200ft player, term. 

Id mentioned him in another thread floating around. Gotta think the cost would probably be something along the lines of our first and podkolzin. It’s likely they’d ask for Willander, but I think that’s a non starter. I’m not honestly sure A deal around Kuzmenko gets that one done (although he might have to be involved for cap purposes). 

One of the other names I’d mentioned was Boone Jenner. Likely more attainable and could still have a short term positive impact. 

Crouse would be a nice addition for the playoffs where we would need his muscles and toughness and he is a pretty big guy at 6ft 4inches. Although, he only broke 20 goals twice but I think he can do better here. I am open for this trade as much as I like Kuzzy. 

• Like 1

On 1/12/2024 at 6:08 PM, Dizzle said:

Id mentioned him in another thread floating around. Gotta think the cost would probably be something along the lines of our first and podkolzin. It’s likely they’d ask for Willander, but I think that’s a non starter. I’m not honestly sure A deal around Kuzmenko gets that one done (although he might have to be involved for cap purposes). 

One of the other names I’d mentioned was Boone Jenner. Likely more attainable and could still have a short term positive impact. 

I think your right. to pry Ek out of Minny, they're probably asking the rare commidity, which is Willander. To me, that's a non-starter. Do you think they could ask for Lekkerimaki if they strike out with Willander? I'm not sure I trade him either. Those two are the two non-touchables. I'd rather give up picks, than those two guys. I absolutely think that Allvin and Rutherford will trade the 2024 1st. 

1 hour ago, RolexSub said:

Crouse would be a nice addition for the playoffs where we would need his muscles and toughness and he is a pretty big guy at 6ft 4inches. Although, he only broke 20 goals twice but I think he can do better here. I am open for this trade as much as I like Kuzzy. 

Kuzmenko's probably more dynamic, but I'm not sure how he'll fare in the postseason where the whistles go away, and the play is far more physical. 

On 1/12/2024 at 6:08 PM, Dizzle said:

love Boone Jenner but as their captain  career Blue Jacket I doubt they move him 

they want him to teach their young core

6 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

True 

I would love EK but I think Minnesota has him as an untouchable but really that team is stuck in the mushy middle 

The fit here for EEk is clear, but the price would be ridiculous. 

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The fit here for EEk is clear, but the price would be ridiculous. 

Ex do you see minny trading him for two firsts Kuzmenko and raty… I don’t 

but I also though Hronek was untouchable for DET 

I would move lekkeremski but not willander RD just too hard to get 

but yah know - I love that Canucks inquires on EEK it shows they can identify who would take us to next level 

Edited by canucks curse
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Ex do you see minny trading him for two firsts Kuzmenko and raty… I don’

Even they would, that's too high a price imo

but I also though Hronek was untouchable for DET 

I would move lekkeremski but not willander RD just too hard to get 

Allvin has a knack for deals no one on here has seen coming, but that was before anyone knew how good this team can play.

GMs will up their prices on us now, so we may not be able to do much more.

but yah know - I love that Canucks inquires on EEK it shows they can identify who would take us to next level 

Yep 

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Even they would, that's too high a price imo

Allvin has a knack for deals no one on here has seen coming, but that was before anyone knew how good this team can play.

GMs will up their prices on us now, so we may not be able to do much more.

Yep 

Ek, players of like him, drool time. I don't see any deal though that will see Lek or Will moved. Their entry level contracts will have a huge impact moving forward. Really, these two are almost essential moving forward. The upcoming cap crunch is real. That said, I absolutely feel the Canucks first pick is in play but with the team doing so well, that first doesn't hold the same value as previous years. I suspect some filler moves, but nothing major.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

That and Jenner isn’t a top six on our club. 

Wowa! Have you not watched Jenner Alf? He’s a 25-30 goal 50-60 point pace player that plays 200 feet, he gets injured because of his style of play, his health would be my only concern if we were after him as our 2c, 3.25 for a very competent tocchet styled 2c, left shot is the only thing not lining up for me right now. He’s not EK but he wouldn’t cost a top prospect either 

• Vintage 1

11 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

I think your right. to pry Ek out of Minny, they're probably asking the rare commidity, which is Willander. To me, that's a non-starter. Do you think they could ask for Lekkerimaki if they strike out with Willander? I'm not sure I trade him either. Those two are the two non-touchables. I'd rather give up picks, than those two guys. I absolutely think that Allvin and Rutherford will trade the 2024 1st. 

I would probably do both of D Petey and Brzustewicz before either of Willander or Lekkerimaki.

The latter two seem to be pretty much locks for the NHL and a decent shot at being in the top half of your lineup while still on cheap ELCs.

The other two have a decent chance at being NHLers, but might not make it or not be significant contributors.

• Cheers 1

On 1/7/2024 at 3:29 AM, Sophomore Jinx said:

There's much more to this player than stats show. IMO he hasn't even hit his stride yet in this league.

He's a 6'4" physical winger, who was rushed into the league, and has had to languish on a shitty, mess of a team ever since, for his whole career.

With the right fit and line mates IMO he's a 30/25 guy, or even better.

I like Kuz a lot, but if he's not in the plans here, and we can get a RT type player in Crouse for him (200 ft player, physical) we should take it and run...Crouse would be much more effective in the playoffs than Kuz too.

Absolutely. A couple folks here are under judging him. He's exactly the type of player we need to compliment players like JT, Petey, and Boeser.

• ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, Bob Long said:

I'm going to guess Allvin goes out and gets someone that no one is even thinking about.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

39 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I'm going to guess Allvin goes out and gets someone that no one is even thinking about.

It's funny with PA. We hear speculation that Soucy and Zadz were rumoured to be possible gets for us, and PA makes it happen. The Hronek get was totally out of left field. Knew nothing about it, nor of the principal involved. (Who the f*ck!?!?!??!?!??) And he signs no name (Well. No name to me!) free agents, Daks, Bluegar, Cole and such. Dude surprises me at every turn, man! Certainly does his homework!

I eagerly await his next surprise move/moves in the next 6 weeks or so.

Edited by Sativika
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sativika said:

It's funny with PA. We hear speculation that Soucy and Zadz were rumoured to be possible gets for us, and PA makes it happen. The Hronek get was totally out of left field. Knew nothing about it, nor of the principal involved. (Who the f*ck!?!?!??!?!??) And he signs no name (Well. No name to me!) free agents, Daks, Bluegar, Cole and such. Dude surprises me at every turn, man! Certainly does his homework!

I eagerly await his next surprise move/moves in the next 6 weeks or so.

I would honestly say, unlike the previous GM, our pro scouts are as good if not better than our amateur scouting.

• ThereItIs 1