PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

3 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Dude, you need to stop digging. You are getting so in over your head once more.

If you are going to use game logs as the tool, and you actually checked his game log before making such an inane comment, you would see he has had a number of stinkers this year. And, often at home (philly, ducks, blue jackets to name a few)

Yes, the game should have been better.  Demko and a number of others had a rough outing, and the rest of the team carried the load.

But your BS, pretty much game in, game out, is laughable. You have some legit points, but the hyperbole you use instead of facts shows you to be more full of crap than you probably are.

No he's that full of crap!

12 minutes ago, Tusk said:

We had Manny Malhotra for that before. Was successful for Horvat and Sedins if I recall.

You are right, after Malholtra's eye injury, I seem to recall he did join the staff on some level helping with faceoffs for a little bit ... not sure what his title was but it wasn't a Faceoff Coach. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Huggy Bear 1

2 minutes ago, Tusk said:

its kinda what you would expect, one line was amazing and the Garlund Blue Josh line looked better than the other.

This team needs its two top lines to both be threats.

It is a mistake to load up the top line with both our top centers.

The Coilers did that on and off for years, and got nowhere... They had the McDavid and Draisaitl line and nothing else.

The Miller line works decently, even if the only permanent members are Miller/Boeser.

And the Pettersson line can work equally well if you put a triggerman, i.e. Kuzzy, with Pettersson.

Look at all the recent Cup winners... they all had top two lines working well.

That was the situation with Vegas, with Colorado and with Tampa.

When you have two lines who are threats, the other team cannot key on one.

Tocchet needs to find a way for both lines to succeed.

• ThereItIs 4

1 hour ago, Moeknows said:

How do I ignore him...people talk about it but how

Go and click on the 3 lines at the top right of the page

click on account

click on ignore users

then type in users name

( totally random example)

image.thumb.png.61a7452566dfa9832cdbb8fd5679220b.png

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

That's what I've been saying for awhile! Petey should be on the wing like Marner and Stone.

Yup, would give us tones of versatility. They really played well together today.

1 hour ago, Mikeyman109 said:

But that didn’t happen. 

Is he providing alternate versions of how we could have lost? 😅 He should have his own choose your own adventure book where the Canucks lose in all different ways or they win but there is still a big down side to it. It would be a best seller I'm sure.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

This team needs its two top lines to both be threats.

It is a mistake to load up the top line with both our top centers.

The Coilers did that on and off for years, and got nowhere... They had the McDavid and Draisaitl line and nothing else.

The Miller line works decently, even if the only permanent members are Miller/Boeser.

And the Pettersson line can work equally well if you put a triggerman, i.e. Kuzzy, with Pettersson.

Look at all the recent Cup winners... they all had top two lines working well.

That was the situation with Vegas, with Colorado and with Tampa.

When you have two lines who are threats, the other team cannot key on one.

Tocchet needs to find a way for both lines to succeed.

Also Miller/Boeser are playing the top opposing line. Should give Petey and company room to be more fancy. Kuz is the right guy but not sure if Mik is. Maybe Mik moves down?

29 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Who goes in for him?

Like, I'm glad lotto line was reunited and looked amazing, but Suter line struggled and the 4th line issues cant be pinned on Aman really.

Not pinning it on Aman - I actually like him as a depth bottom 4th line player. 

All I’m saying is we have a good problem on our hands but the Kuz benching/press box can stop now. Let the trio Suter/Mik/Kuz gain some steam. We have 2 lines going: 6-40-9 and 8-53-81. 

Go Canucks!

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Tusk said:

Also Miller/Boeser are playing the top opposing line. Should give Petey and company room to be more fancy. Kuz is the right guy but not sure if Mik is. Maybe Mik moves down?

Mik is a good fit with Petey and he has the game to play any role. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

There are Site Rules posted. 

Trolling is generally understood for about 20 years now on the internet. 

If anyone isn’t aware about what Inciting or Trolling or Passive Aggressive posting is, then look it up. 

I won’t coddle anyone. 

Be an adult and you’ll be treated like one. 

Act like a petulant child and you’ll be Moderated as such. 

I should have clicked on your name. You're a mod. Thats why your name is blue. 🤣

Point taken.

Thank you kindly

1 hour ago, CanuckFanForever said:

compared to Boston the Canucks were weak and they deserved to lose and they did

Marchand roughed up a Sedin and he and the team did nothing

If Hamhuis hadn’t gone down after the hip check on Lucic and Rome suspended 4 games (still a sore point for me) it might have been a different ending.  Calling the Canucks weak after winning a Presidents cup and winning  3 games in the finals, tells me you're only a pretend fan.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Sonoman said:

If Hamhuis hadn’t gone down after the hip check on Lucic and Rome suspended 4 games (still a sore point for me) it might have been a different ending.  Calling the Canucks weak after winning a Presidents cup and winning  3 games in the finals, tells me you're only a pretend fan.  

That poster is a button pusher. And he’s good at it. 

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Not pinning it on Aman - I actually like him as a depth bottom 4th line player. 

All I’m saying is we have a good problem on our hands but the Kuz benching/press box can stop now. Let the trio Suter/Mik/Kuz gain some steam. We have 2 lines going: 6-40-9 and 8-53-81. 

Go Canucks!

I dunno. I'm leaning towards hoping they trade kuz plus and add a legit top 6er that can actually support Petey.

Both Mik and Kuz are decent options as the 3rd piece on a Petey line, I guess, but we don't have the scoring or centre depth to support a lotto line long term. IMO of course.

Edited by luckylager

26 minutes ago, Tusk said:

We had Manny Malhotra for that before. Was successful for Horvat and Sedins if I recall.

That’s what we need right now some direction in the face off dot,looking at u Henrik

• Cheers 1