PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

14 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

How do we know if someone is 'trolling'? Maybe a person really believes what they are saying?

This is a really good question. You've said you are relatively new here, so with more experience you will begin to recognize patterns and points of view from specific members. You will see that some are contrarian, as in whichever way the consensus goes, they go the other way. Always. After awhile, when people keep repeating the same old contrarian views, despite being debunked over and over again, you can conclude they are posting just to provoke others into responding. These are trolls. Do not engage with them because if you do, they achieve their goal, which is to piss you off. Your responses to them are their oxygen. Don't give them oxygen and they'll wither away. And this ends my Ted Talk.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO there is only one club a true fan cheers for.  The Devils are clearly very overrated. They likely miss the playoffs this year. It’s obvious last year was an aberration. it’s laughable how so many fans fell for that puck sucker team. 

I'm sure you probably remember back when there were less teams. I remember when there were only 21 myself. Divisions were way different. Not sure if you were around when there were only 6 teams. Of course you would have to hate all the other teams then. 😉

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

2 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

No Jack Hughes and a back end of a back to back for NJD nobody should be happy about this win on the team

Either you’re 6 cans short of a 6 pack or a massive troll!! Either way it’s sad and has become a significant annoyance to all the other great people on here. 

For the record, I think your both! 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

This team needs its two top lines to both be threats.

It is a mistake to load up the top line with both our top centers.

The Coilers did that on and off for years, and got nowhere... They had the McDavid and Draisaitl line and nothing else.

The Miller line works decently, even if the only permanent members are Miller/Boeser.

And the Pettersson line can work equally well if you put a triggerman, i.e. Kuzzy, with Pettersson.

Look at all the recent Cup winners... they all had top two lines working well.

That was the situation with Vegas, with Colorado and with Tampa.

When you have two lines who are threats, the other team cannot key on one.

Tocchet needs to find a way for both lines to succeed.

This is a temporary solution to get Pettersson going.  I'd like to see them together for rest of the road trip and we have other line that is working so technically two lines now.  One line is dominant tonight with other line is going through a hot streak in Garland/Joshua.    I figure that we might see some line-up change when we get home.  So for now, this is the line to watch as we need momentum going even further.  I wouldn't worry about other two lines just yet.   Let Mik and Kuzzy play together as skilled forward together with a serviceable center.  I think that Tocchet is trying to put together 3 dominant lines by experiment in tonight's game and they almost get it if it weren't for Dawes getting hot in first period that keep them in game.   If they keep it up in rest of the trip which is possible, I think that they'll leave this line-up alone for a long while.

1 hour ago, NucksIn50 said:

Hogz, or Aman can take a seat… I think they were on the ice for at least 2 and Aman doesn’t create much. Kuz should stay in. 

Good win in a tough building… I’m in Cancun and noticed Big Z was a scratch? 

hmmmmm lol

Go Canucks!

Big Z is injured day to day

Just now, sassbs said:

Ill be happy and impressed if the beat the rangers

Not with the way they played tonight they won't. 

Demko let in a few goals that I think he wish he could take back. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, coolboarder said:

This is a temporary solution to get Pettersson going.  I'd like to see them together for rest of the road trip and we have other line that is working so technically two lines now.  One line is dominant tonight with other line is going through a hot streak in Garland/Joshua.    I figure that we might see some line-up change when we get home.  So for now, this is the line to watch as we need momentum going even further.  I wouldn't worry about other two lines just yet.   Let Mik and Kuzzy play together as skilled forward together with a serviceable center.  I think that Tocchet is trying to put together 3 dominant lines by experiment in tonight's game and they almost get it if it weren't for Dawes getting hot in first period that keep them in game.   If they keep it up in rest of the trip which is possible, I think that they'll leave this line-up alone for a long while.

I can see it. I think it was smart to get Petey going and reuniting that 649 line. 

41 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

How well did Petey play? Sounds like he had a really good game. 

The whole Lotto line played really well. Petterson looked like his dominant self with two more competent players out there. They pretty much held the play every shift they were out there.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

How well did Petey play? Sounds like he had a really good game. 

Hopefully learning alot from JT as the centre. But also he needs to get back to running the other line. This vacation worked today because there was no NJ line to "shut down" so they could just play. Back to reality next game.

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

The whole Lotto line played really well. Petterson looked like his dominant self with two competent wingers out there. They pretty much held the play every shift they were out there.

JT was the centre. Petey got a break.

Coilers won.... no surprise.

My prediction is Deadmonton will compete for the 4th place position and a Wild Card slot.

Where the Canucks will be is a question...  at the beginning of the season I was predicting 3rd place.

But with the great start and the fact they are continuing to pull out wins, I think 2nd in the division is a real possibility.

I do think Vegas and LA will be right there... especially Vegas... I think they will recover some of their early season form.

They're not going to be able to load up "Lotto Line" and win in NY

Going to have to spread it around. 

We desperately need to trade for top 6 winger.  I think something will happen in the next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1