PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

4 minutes ago, CanuckFanForever said:

I'm a fan of a few teams (Pitt and Det) and I give a few other teams the respect they deserve (NJD is one of them because they work their butt's off every night)

IMHAO there is only one club a true fan cheers for.  The Devils are clearly very overrated. They likely miss the playoffs this year. It’s obvious last year was an aberration. it’s laughable how so many fans fell for that puck sucker team. 

1 hour ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Canucks got into trouble in the game specifically because Aman failed to cover his man twice.

Both goals by Miller and Smith were down to Aman not covering them.

it was actually Mikheyev on the Smith goal. I think Aman is fine. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I gotta say that I enjoy having canucksfan82 around. 

He's a troll, but I think it's a necessary thing in a healthy internet eco-forum. 

Agreed, but its kinda like we are Healthy enough without him. The critical conversations can happen outside the PGT especially after a win.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, AatuD2 said:

I gotta say that I enjoy having canucksfan82 around. 

He's a troll, but I think it's a necessary thing in a healthy internet eco-forum. 

Dissent is necessary. It's just far easier to make a point after a loss, so he's kinda swimming upstream.

• ThereItIs 1

8 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

Hogz, or Aman can take a seat… I think they were on the ice for at least 2 and Aman doesn’t create much. Kuz should stay in. 

Good win in a tough building… I’m in Cancun and noticed Big Z was a scratch? 

hmmmmm lol

Go Canucks!

apparently Z is injured, day to day

I think the coaching staff were reading the forums. After the St. Louis game I posted to put Petey on Millers wing cause he’s better suited to be a winger. Today just proves that’s true. Very dominant games from Boeser Miller Petey. Sutr did ok as 2C but if anything we need to be looking for a good 2C by the trade deadline and leave Petey on Millers wing. I think that would be a bigger improvement than adding someone on D. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NucksIn50 said:

I have nothing against Aman but he’s not a guy that needs to be in lineup regularly at this point. 

Love this team!

Go Canucks!

Who goes in for him?

Like, I'm glad lotto line was reunited and looked amazing, but Suter line struggled and the 4th line issues cant be pinned on Aman really.

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I think the coaching staff were reading the forums. After the St. Louis game I posted to put Petey on Millers wing cause he’s better suited to be a winger. Today just proves that’s true. Very dominant games from Boeser Miller Petey. Sutr did ok as 2C but if anything we need to be looking for a good 2C by the trade deadline and leave Petey on Millers wing. I think that would be a bigger improvement than adding someone on D. 

I would agree, Sidney Crosby would be my vote but will never happen for a number of obvious reasons so taking a run at Elias Lindholm would be a reasonable achievement, possible even. Nice to have a competent Management Team in place supporting a stellar coaching staff.

Edited by Rocket-68

48 minutes ago, Darius said:

Yeah im thinking they need a solution coz they are not deep enough at center to run with the 649 line long term

For top 6 Id try:

JT - Kuzy  

EP-Brock

Brock is smart enough to keep up with Petey's hockey IQ.  Hes more defensively responsible this year.

Kuzy can benefit from JT's board work. You can play QH and Hronek with the guys that need a push to have more O zone possession.

This will give them Suter and Blueger as their bottom 2 centers.

Yeah you would have to think they are working on something or at least seriously thinking of some upgrades. Whether that would be long-term or short-term is anyone's guess.

That could definitely work too with JT and Kuzy. Maybe Joshua bumped up too ... but you can't split up that third line right now.

I think Mikheyev to the third might be something to try as well since he's a good north south player, but he's pretty uncreative other than skating by a guy. We're lucky Miller, Petey, Boeser, and (Kuz) provide a lot of skill because we're missing it from the other two wingers.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Agreed it looked fine tonight. 

But the rest of the trip we cannot live on one great line. Tonight we didnt need a shut down line. Petey has got to man up and be a center on second line.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Tusk said:

Agreed it looked fine tonight. 

But the rest of the trip we cannot live on one great line. Tonight we didnt need a shut down line. Petey has got to man up and be a center on second line.

He needs major faceoff work. I’m never confident in him winning a faceoff when he’s taking it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

That's good. Someone get him a skating coach and a banana.

I think they just gotta leave him in the line up for a bit. Judge him after a 10 game stretch not after every game. Hopefully the injury to PDG is a blessing in disguise and Kuz gets a longer leash now.

• Upvote 2