PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The whole Lotto line played really well. Petterson looked like his dominant self with two competent wingers out there. They pretty much held the play every shift they were out there.

amazing what Petey can do out there with players who can hold their own on his line. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

No Jack Hughes and a back end of a back to back for NJD nobody should be happy about this win on the team

Always an angle for negativity from you! At the end of the year when we tally the points I won’t care how they won this game. (By the way I’ll never be upset about scoring six goals and winning). 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crimson JH said:

A win is a win!

that's true to a degree right. a win is a win. but that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement. Demko wasn't as solid as I hoped he would've been. the score should not have been 6-4. I think there were a few goals he wished he could've had back. 

1 minute ago, BlueJays said:

Always an angle for negativity from you! At the end of the year when we tally the points I won’t care how they won this game. (By the way I’ll never be upset about scoring six goals and winning). 

the guys played well for the most part. and yes, they won at the end, so you can't criticize the win too harshly, but like i said before, they could improve on some things before playing the Rangers on Monday. 

6 minutes ago, Tusk said:

JT was the centre. Petey got a break.

Yup ... I was just commenting on the line not the positions. He looked way more natural in that position. I mean obviously it was easier for all of them with a loaded up line. I'm not surprised Petey is seemingly struggling with Mikheyev, and whomever else happens to be out there with him though. They are still winning games but Petey doesn't have the support that he should either.

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Coilers won.... no surprise.

My prediction is Deadmonton will compete for the 4th place position and a Wild Card slot.

Where the Canucks will be is a question...  at the beginning of the season I was predicting 3rd place.

But with the great start and the fact they are continuing to pull out wins, I think 2nd in the division is a real possibility.

I do think Vegas and LA will be right there... especially Vegas... I think they will recover some of their early season form.

Oilers only 5 back from LA now. They are on an a tear.

I love the fact people think they are important enough on here to deem who is and isn’t a troll. It’s very funny actually. I have been a fan since I was 8. People have no idea who people are yet are arrogant enough to believe they are somehow better fans than others fans based on the fact they don’t like negativity. I have also said a lot of positive comments. Some just choose to ignore those comments because it doesn’t fit their narrative. We are all Canuck fans. It’s just their opinion on who deserves to be one and who doesn’t. I really could care less but get off your high horses, especially since I left the forum to spend time with my family and then everyone decides to attack with childish comments such as he’s a troll because they can’t take true comments with stats to support what I am saying. It says a lot more about those peoples characters than my own. Grow up some of you. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

This team needs its two top lines to both be threats.

It is a mistake to load up the top line with both our top centers.

The Coilers did that on and off for years, and got nowhere... They had the McDavid and Draisaitl line and nothing else.

The Miller line works decently, even if the only permanent members are Miller/Boeser.

And the Pettersson line can work equally well if you put a triggerman, i.e. Kuzzy, with Pettersson.

Look at all the recent Cup winners... they all had top two lines working well.

That was the situation with Vegas, with Colorado and with Tampa.

When you have two lines who are threats, the other team cannot key on one.

Tocchet needs to find a way for both lines to succeed.

It was really nice to see chemestry between 3 players tonight. But we need to see it between 6 players in the playoffs. 

Do we want to show our hand before then?

I think we just continue to have pairs playing with substitutions on thier lines, getting a feel for who might be a good match.

Dont forget, come playoffs, Podz can come up.

I mean, we got the Josh Blue Garlund going... let the other teams scout that every game day.

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I love the fact people think they are important enough on here to deem who is and isn’t a troll. It’s very funny actually. I have been a fan since I was 8. People have no idea who people are yet are arrogant enough to believe they are somehow better fans than others fans based on the fact they don’t like negativity. I have also said a lot of positive comments. Some just choose to ignore those comments because it doesn’t fit their narrative. We are all Canuck fans. It’s just their opinion on who deserves to be one and who doesn’t. I really could care less but get off your high horses, especially since I left the forum to spend time with my family and then everyone decides to attack with childish comments such as he’s a troll because they can’t take negativity. It says a lot more about those peoples characters than my own. Grow up some of you. 

Only 8? My goodness lad what were you wasting your life on before that?

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

Im 58 but i have teens. Fleek = stylin

Teens don’t say “Fleek” anymore. That was just a stupid trend, like all stupid trendy words are. 

58 eh? I feel so young. 

Almost “righteous” and ‘rockin’ 

Just like the Nucks tonight. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yup ... I was just commenting on the line not the positions. He looked way more natural in that position. I mean obviously it was easier for all of them with a loaded up line. I'm not surprised Petey is seemingly struggling with Mikheyev, and whomever else happens to be out there with him though. They are still winning games but Petey doesn't have the support that he should either.

I think Petey got his mojo back just from one game playing with JT and Brock.

He can run his own line again and be the boss. It was a safe game for it because NJ was all broken up from game before.

• Cheers 1

34 minutes ago, Curmudgeon said:

This is a really good question. You've said you are relatively new here, so with more experience you will begin to recognize patterns and points of view from specific members. You will see that some are contrarian, as in whichever way the consensus goes, they go the other way. Always. After awhile, when people keep repeating the same old contrarian views, despite being debunked over and over again, you can conclude they are posting just to provoke others into responding. These are trolls. Do not engage with them because if you do, they achieve their goal, which is to piss you off. Your responses to them are their oxygen. Don't give them oxygen and they'll wither away. And this ends my Ted Talk.

Relaxed Summer GIF by Big Brother

We're still a fairly new team with the new faces, obviously we still need more playing time together and that will definitely help with a tweak or 2 but with the cap being upped by 4 mil +, I think we have nowhere to go but up and it's good to see Soucy back in the line-up. 

And no we can't expect our team to just steam roll over everyone and there will be glitches but that's why there's more work to do.

Edited by iceman1964

Just now, Tusk said:

I think Petey got his mojo back just from one game playing with JT and Brock.

He can run his own line again and be the boss. It was a safe game for it because NJ was all broken up from game before.

Believe Jason Sudeikis GIF by Apple TV

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Only 8? My goodness lad what were you wasting your life on before that?

lol. Yes it wasn’t at 4 or 5 like some but the amount of time someone is a fan doesn’t make them any more or less of a fan. We’re just fans. It’s time to stop trying to chase people away because some can’t stand to read the comments. Here is the thing you don’t have to read them. I am not trying to get people amped. I don’t have an agenda like some posters think I do. That’s just absurd and immature. Whatever we post on here is just our opinions. We don’t have to agree but it is a freedom of speech to post whatever is on your mind about the hockey team.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

4 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

lol. Yes it wasn’t at 4 or 5 like some but the amount of time someone is a fan doesn’t make them any more or less of a fan. We’re just fans. 

Haha, I know. Just joking with ya.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

Just remember. 

image.gif.30f00c237f9a875291f911dc58d5e6a8.gif

Is that your brother?

Edited by Gawdzukes

30 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

The whole Lotto line played really well. Petterson looked like his dominant self with two competent wingers out there. They pretty much held the play every shift they were out there.

I’m pretty sure Petey was the winger out there and not Miller.

• Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

amazing what Petey can do out there with players who can hold their own on his line. 

That was JT's line. Thats the whole issue, the pressure on Petey as "THE FIRST LINE" needs to stop. JT is the 1C. Petey played the wing and looked more like himself than he has in months.

The pressure on Petey will only be worse if they give him a huge contract to live up to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • ThereItIs 1