PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

1 minute ago, CanuckMan said:

I’m pretty sure Petey was the winger out there and not Miller.

He was. Maybe being center is too much pressure especially with the linemates he has had to play with. This likely shows management they need another top 6 forward.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

2 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

I’m pretty sure Petey was the winger out there and not Miller.

Oh, I realize now why someone else said that to me too. I meant to say players ... not that Mikheyev or (whomever) is with him are terrible but it sure would help with his responsibilities if someone helped out more with the heavy lifting and scoring. It makes the game way easier to play.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Where are the trade Petey crowd? Petey is a phenom. We will sign to a contract he’s happy with. He will lead our club to multiple Cups. 

TBH , that was the best I seen the Lotto Line play in a long  time and Miller was the Center. 

If Petey was more consistent, I would agree with the "Phenom" label but he is not there yet. 

He has the odd game like that and then he is invisible. 

You are mistaken him "leading", Miller and Hughes are doing that at the moment.

2 hours ago, DeltaSwede said:

It happens more than you'd expect. the Bruins last year for instance were like 40-3 (wrong numbers) or something like that. 

This is all I could find ...... after their 60th win (in 77 games) :

Heading into this game, the Bruins were nearly unstoppable (43-1-2) when leading after two periods.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1-d said:

Tocchet should have learned his lesson about not to mess with a winning lineup, so it's unlikely.

That -1 was Mik's fault; he was too low, kind of in no man's land, and gave the defenseman an open shot where he scored. Kuzy was in the right place, pressuring his Dman, stopping a shot. Also, I highly doubt Tocchet lifts Kuzy for Karlsson after his mistake cost the St. Louis game, and there's nobody left on the travel squad.

Edited by Canuckleheads Fan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Ok, could that have been a better outcome and better defensively, yes.

But getting mad at wins now. Seriously?

Hockey-Reference.com gives us a 99.3% odds at making the playoffs.

https://www.hockey-reference.com/friv/playoff_prob.fcgi

The team has 25 wins, 11 losses, 3 OTL for 53 points.

Last year we had 38 wins 37 losses and 7 OTL's TOTAL.

We are 13 wins away from the same number of wins and we have 43 games to go.

We are on track for about 114 and if no changes are made, will have a good chance at breaking 105. Going 3-1-1 the rest of the way on this road trip and I would bump that up to 110 and bet a box of Krispy Kreme's on it.

I trust that PA / JR are working the phones trying to pry a legit top 6 Center (ala Lindholm given Sid the Kid is a pipe dream) or at the very least a legit top six winger like Guentzel or perhaps a step down a bit with Crowse. That means (Captain Obvious here) that about $5 or 6M cap is heading out the door which equals Garland or Kuzy. 

With Lindholm going this way and one of Kuzy or Garland going the other plus some pieces being attached on both sides, I would be happy with the rest of the squad, even D although PA / JR probably aren't

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I love the fact people think they are important enough on here to deem who is and isn’t a troll. It’s very funny actually. I have been a fan since I was 8. People have no idea who people are yet are arrogant enough to believe they are somehow better fans than others fans based on the fact they don’t like negativity. I have also said a lot of positive comments. Some just choose to ignore those comments because it doesn’t fit their narrative. We are all Canuck fans. It’s just their opinion on who deserves to be one and who doesn’t. I really could care less but get off your high horses, especially since I left the forum to spend time with my family and then everyone decides to attack with childish comments such as he’s a troll because they can’t take true comments with stats to support what I am saying. It says a lot more about those peoples characters than my own. Grow up some of you. 

Quote 5 positive comments   

I could also care less if I banned your account permanently. 

Do you not get the message? Or do you want me to make you an example for everyone?

Please say you want me to make you an example. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Oh, I realize now why someone else said that to me too. I meant to say players ... not that Mikheyev or (whomever) is with him are terrible but it sure would help with his responsibilities if someone helped out more with the heavy lifting and scoring. It makes the game way easier to play.

I am sure Allvin and co will find a solution. The thing I like about them is that they pull deals out of nowhere.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

We are on track for about 114 and if no changes are made, will give a good chance at breaking 105. Going 3-1-1 the rest of the way on this road trip and I would bump that up to 110 and bet a box of Krispy Kreme's on it.

I trust that PA / JR are working the phones trying to pry a legit top 6 Center (ala Lindholm given Sid the Kid is a pipe dream) or at the very least a legit top six winger like Guentzel or perhaps a step down a bit with Crowse. That means (Captain Obvious here) that about $5 or 6M cap is heading out the door which equals Garland or Kuzy. 

With Lindholm going this way and one of Kuzy or Garland going the other plus some pieces being attached on both sides, I would be happy with the rest of the squad, even D although PA / JR probably aren't

Lindholm ticks so many boxes.

Decent size.

Skill

Scoring

55.2% F/O percentage

Two years removed from a point a game, +61 season.

Honestly, that would be coup if we could get him. I guess the question much like Petey is what is he going to look for in a contract?

Better yet, would Calgary be that dumb to let him go, and what would they want?

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Quote 5 positive comments   

I could also care less if I banned your account permanently. 

Do you not get the message? Or do you want me to make you an example for everyone?

Please say you want me to make you an example. 

What would you be banning me for? I haven’t been rude. Earlier in the evening there were tons of posts poking fun and calling me a troll. I didn’t seen threats to ban those people. I am just confused as to why I would be banned. The gifs were a joke. I was just defending myself against those who were making comments that weren’t accurate.  

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What would you be banning me for? I haven’t been rude. Earlier in the evening there were tons of posts poking fun and calling me a troll. I didn’t seen threats to ban those people. I am just confused as to why I would be banned.

Trolling & Inciting.

You’re now my public example. 

Please continue. 

Anything else? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It will be nice once Zadorov gets back. It’s too bad he was injured for this game. Hopefully he isn’t out too long.

Once Zadorov returns, the defense is an elite first pairing with monsters in the other two pairs. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, CanuckMan said:

I think they just gotta leave him in the line up for a bit. Judge him after a 10 game stretch not after every game. Hopefully the injury to PDG is a blessing in disguise and Kuz gets a longer leash now.

It sounds like he really wants to make things work here so hopefully that happens.