PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

Here is an interesting question, could Vancouver and Pittsburgh make a trade along the lines of the following

Step 1 Kuz to Pittsburgh and Crosby to Vancouver ... yes, will probably need a 1st attached to Kuz along with at least a B-prospect

Step 2 after season is over, Crosby goes back to Pittsburgh for Kuz

Somehow I don't think Step 2 could be part of a formal trade agreement and at best have to be a wink-wink handshake "let's connect in July and do the second part of the trade"

Bored and asking from some trade experts that I am sure float around this forum what the answer would be.

Yes, hopefully giving up a lot and "renting" Sid for one year gets us into the SCF.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

My guess is the interview will reflect what I said their going to be happy about the 2 pts but not how they earned it

Obviously the points are favourable and the process is to always improve.

Tocchet had been saying this for over a year.

Edited by Barnstorm
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Lindholm ticks so many boxes.

Decent size.

Skill

Scoring

55.2% F/O percentage

Two years removed from a point a game, +61 season.

Honestly, that would be coup if we could get him. I guess the question much like Petey is what is he going to look for in a contract?

Better yet, would Calgary be that dumb to let him go, and what would they want?

No point going all swedish house mafia.

We got enough in the pond. RELAX. The only thing Calgary could give us is Huberdeau with retaining %50. Then we could give them lotsa choice who they want back.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It sounds like he really wants to make things work here so hopefully that happens. 

I just don’t think Kuzy has the skills that Tochett is looking for in a forward that can be learned quickly. Defensively responsible and can score. Right now Kuzy isnt even being a threat to score consistently which makes it difficult to play him. They need a big scoring power forward. I hope they can get one eventually. 

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

3 minutes ago, Tusk said:

No point going all swedish house mafia.

We got enough in the pond. RELAX. The only thing Calgary could give us is Huberdeau with retaining %50. Then we could give them lotsa choice who they want back.

Hell no. Hubs is garbage, even at 50% retained. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

No Jack Hughes and a back end of a back to back for NJD nobody should be happy about this win on the team

3 hours ago, CanuckFanForever said:

My guess is the interview will reflect what I said their going to be happy about the 2 pts but not how they earned it

So which is it? Happy or not happy?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Hell no. Hubs is garbage, even at 50% retained. 

Looking at cap and contracts to take us over the bridge.... a contract like that would be huge. This isnt a flash in the pan player, only in Calgary.

10 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Here is an interesting question, could Vancouver and Pittsburgh make a trade along the lines of the following

Step 1 Kuz to Pittsburgh and Crosby to Vancouver ... yes, will probably need a 1st attached to Kuz along with at least a B-prospect

Somehow I don't think Step 2 could be part of a formal trade agreement and at best have to be a wink-wink handshake "let's connect in July and do the second part of the trade"

Bored and asking from some trade experts that I am sure float around this forum what the answer would be.

Yes, hopefully giving up a lot and "renting" Sid for one year gets us into the SCF.

I don't think so. You can't trade a player back to the same team for 1 calendar year if I remember correctly.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I don't think so. You can't trade a player back to the same team for 1 calendar year if I remember correctly.

We could "agree" to this and then keep Crosby and pet him and love him forever

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I wouldn’t touch that contract. It’s hideous.

at %50 percent retention you think its hideous? like that is cheaper than Boeser and would be for like 8 years?  man. tough crowd. 

13 minutes ago, Rocket-68 said:

Also no way in hell they are giving us Crosby. They just went all in for the next 2 years in the offseason. I have also seen these Guentzel proposals but I don't know how that's even a possibility. The Pens are two points out of a payoff spot. They're not trading anybody unless it's for an upgrade.

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

Also no way in hell they are giving us Crosby. They just went all in for the next 2 years in the offseason. I have also seen these Guentzel proposals but I don't know how that's even a possibility. The Pens are two points out of a payoff spot. They're not trading anybody unless it's for an upgrade.

Yes, agreed which is why I said in a separate post Sid the Kid is a pipe dream. Guentzel is at least within the realm of possibility although I personally think Lindholm would be more likely than Guentzel. As a wise man once said "everything is for sale, it all depends on the price paid and circumstances surrounding the transaction." Just ask Peter Puck and Wayne Gretzky.

29 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Lindholm ticks so many boxes.

Decent size.

Skill

Scoring

55.2% F/O percentage

Two years removed from a point a game, +61 season.

Honestly, that would be coup if we could get him. I guess the question much like Petey is what is he going to look for in a contract?

Better yet, would Calgary be that dumb to let him go, and what would they want?

I would go Hogz + 1st for Lindholm.

• Like 1

Just now, BPA said:

I would go Hogz + 1st for Lindholm.

He's a UFA. You want more of that? so its June or bust? no thanks man... slow up a bit.

If we can get a long term forward on a long contract that someone needs to dump, that is our target. Looks like Toronto will have a few they are willing to retain on come TDL