PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

6 hours ago, Steamer4GM said:

You watch the whole game or just the goals that got past him?

Ya he wasn’t horrendous. It was just uncharacteristic to let so many long shot goals go in. I have complete faith in Demko. I just hope he starts to pick up his game a bit. As long as he’s stellar in the playoffs, that’s all that matters. You just want him going in on a high note. A few more months to round out his game until then.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

How 'bout Luke's technique with his triple-axel sow cow, when Miller tripped him up? What a dive. 9/10. Glad the refs didn't fall for that. 

Take the 2 points and run

did the Hughes have figure skating background?

Or maybe only big Z did. 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Teens don’t say “Fleek” anymore. That was just a stupid trend, like all stupid trendy words are. 

58 eh? I feel so young. 

Almost “righteous” and ‘rockin’ 

Just like the Nucks tonight. 

Gnarly dude! Better than bogus.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Ya he wasn’t horrendous. It was just uncharacteristic to let so many long shot goals go in. I have complete faith in Demko. I just hope he starts to pick up his game a bit. As long as he’s stellar in the playoffs, that’s all that matters. You just want him going in on a high note. A few more months to round out his game until then.

5700D287-158F-48D8-B082-03EA86AA685F.thumb.jpeg.93186203d0ef883914604706b8951d80.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

did the Hughes have figure skating background?

Or maybe only big Z did. 

We criticize the refs a lot but that was a great non call.

If anything was gonna be called there it should have been embellishment. Embarrassing bit of flopping there.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We criticize the refs a lot but that was a great non call.

If anything was gonna be called there it should have been embellishment. Embarrassing bit of flopping there.

tbh had it been the other way around, we would have screamed murder....lucky non call I'd say... especially being in their barn.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Brady Tkatchuk deserves to play for us and be on Petey’s wing. 
Get ‘er done Allvin. 

Man that would be special. It would be a 4 piece deal, likely losing Lekkerimaki, 2 1sts and something else that hurts. 

But.. if our window is really 3 more years with Hughes....

• Like 2

Just now, Bob Long said:

Man that would be special. It would be a 4 piece deal, likely losing Lekkerimaki, 2 1sts and something else that hurts. 

But.. if our window is really 3 more years with Hughes....

We would need to include Garland for cap reasons. 
Brady and Petey

Brock and Miller

Then play the third wheel as needed. Mik could be one or younger guys on cheap contracts and Mik plays a different role. 

• Vintage 1

9 minutes ago, spook007 said:

tbh had it been the other way around, we would have screamed murder....lucky non call I'd say... especially being in their barn.

Can’t remember a player of ours embellishing that badly this season.

Refs should never make calls based on fan reactions though and thankfully they didn’t.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

We would need to include Garland for cap reasons. 
Brady and Petey

Brock and Miller

Then play the third wheel as needed. Mik could be one or younger guys on cheap contracts and Mik plays a different role. 

You could load up on Brady-Petey-Miller for last change in key moments during the playoffs too. 

It might have to be Garly + Cole going the other way for BTs cap. They say they are looking for veteran leaders. 

It'll never happen, but fun to ponder the pricing. 

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, spook007 said:

Lotto line absolutely smashed it.

Zadorov scratched in favour of Juulsen is a massive thumbs up to to Juulsen, who just continues to get better all the time. Great to see QH not really needed on the PK because of Juulsen, Soucy, Cole and Myers taking the heavy lifting. and doing it well...

Most important of all... I could care less, if Devils were on a b2b and Hughes were missing... or the sun were in their eyes, the ice was tilted or whatever.. The Hoodoo is broken... Now lets hammer Rangers as well...

Zadorov wasn't scratched, he is day-to-day with an injury but yes, Donkey is playing very well, really coming into his own as a depth D player. I like Jules play and he keeps getting better. Bodes well for the Canucks D.

Amazing to think not that long ago, like last season, the Canucks D included the vaunted Stillman / Burroughs pairing. Not that they were bad, just that this years Canucks D core is just a WEE BIT better.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Rocket-68 said:

Zadorov wasn't scratched, he is day-to-day with an injury but yes, Donkey is playing very well, really coming into his own as a depth D player. I like Jules play and he keeps getting better. Bodes well for the Canucks D.

Amazing to think not that long ago, like last season, the Canucks D included the vaunted Stillman / Burroughs pairing. Not that they were bad, just that this years Canucks D core is just a WEE BIT better.

H-H

Zad-Cole

Soucy-Juulson 

I'd be just fine with that going forward if Allvin can recover assets for Myers. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rocket-68 said:

Yup. New management and coaches built a very good D. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

H-H

Zad-Cole

Soucy-Juulson 

I'd be just fine with that going forward if Allvin can recover assets for Myers. 

Move off Myers at the coming TDL for picks; then use those picks (and add) to get Petey a winger? 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

H-H

Zad-Cole

Soucy-Juulson 

Yep if you can get a pick and flip it in a package deal for a top 6 center it might be the biggest area of need now.

Petey needs legit top 6 players to play with. That was pretty obvious last night. So we either need to find a 2nd line center or a top left winger for him to play with.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Thank you, @Sharpshooter   I actually shut it down early because I was going to get myself in trouble if I stayed. Using ignore only works if people don't quote the nattering.

These aren't picture perfect wins but the team is "finding a way" and good teams do that. It's reassuring to experience a game where Demko IS off but the team didn't completely fall apart and they bailed him out for once. That's progress. He's earned a few off nights.

Most of us take this in stride and understand how tough it is to just blast through every game convincingly. But the one or two who are never satisfied...that's on them, not the team. Even if they try to speak FOR the team. lol

Cheers to a road win on a trip where it's going to be tough to grind out points. Doing that is showing a lot of character and resilience in this bunch. They believe so maybe we should too. They're their own harshest critics and that's important...they know what needs work.

They're learning how to get it done...even on the road, against a team that's had their number (yes, missing Jack but Demko sort of balanced that out last night by not being his usual stellar self). No team is perfect and this team is addressing imperfections one at a time. Which is really great.

As usual I agree with most of your sentiments. With the exception of Demko’s performance. Quite a few others mentioned his off night as well, so you’re not alone. I think at least 2 of those goals were unstoppable and would not be stopped by 99% of the goalie’s league wide. Demko made some stellar saves as well, especially on Toffoli  alone in front and in tight.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Move off Myers at the coming TDL for picks; then use those picks (and add) to get Petey a winger? 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Yep if you can get a pick and flip it in a package deal for a top 6 center it might be the biggest area of need now.

Petey needs legit top 6 players to play with. That was pretty obvious last night. So we either need to find a 2nd line center or a top left winger for him to play with.

ideally. If JR can do his usual early deal we can actually bank some cap space to help make it work. 

• Vintage 1