PGT - Vancouver at New Jersey - 01/06/24

PhillipBlunt

35 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Also... lock Joshua up!

The sample size is big enough where this isnt a  blip.

Whatever coaching that staff told him and his conditioning has obviously worked. He is a solid player.  He's like a Tyler Motte with more size so he can hit harder, protect the puck and skate just as fast without getting injured. I didnt realize he had such decent hands.  Its actually really good.

This is what Tocchet was seeing in him in where his game could go if he was doing the right things, preparing the right way, using his size in battling, playing the right way, and being prepared. Look at how Joshua responded. It's truly impressive.

This is a positive example for Kuz in his struggles to adapt and be that player Tocchet wants him to be. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Blue said:

You don't pay 2c's 8.5 unless they are ultra elite at shutdown match ups and PK. Which Bo was not 

Never had to pay him that, that’s just what it ended up being. 

5 minutes ago, Devron said:

Never had to pay him that, that’s just what it ended up being. 

Yeah though he still would be too expensive (imho) for what he would've signed up here for.  We need to use that cap space on our blueline (again imho).

Glad he's doing well though (especially since its not at the expense of us).  He never asked to be traded (to my knowledge) & thus didn't force management's hands (though his offensive production did likely price himself out of our reach).

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Thats what I was thinking when I saw it.

He didn’t even need to sell it because it was clearly a trip. I think he pissed off the ref with that little twirl.

Good veteran reffing though. I think a lot of refs might have bent to the home crowd and wanted to be part of the “show” by helping their comeback bid.

Agree on all accounts. 
We have definitely had our fair share of unfortunate refereeing decision. 

If anything it should have been 2 min each, but glad the refs had enough balls to let it go. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Agree on all accounts. 
We have definitely had our fair share of unfortunate refereeing decision. 

If anything it should have been 2 min each, but glad the refs had enough balls to let it go. 

Thats the good way to do "game management"

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

As a member of the Internet Grammar Committee along with a BSc Mathematics with a minor in just about every other science discipline, I corrected you. We thank you for your patience and diligence in adhering to the the rules of the English language.

Now, mov'in onta betters-like matters, I dunna about breakin' up Garfield, Beluga and Joshua Tree either. De be GRATE! ... as one Tony the Tiger once said.

Unless of course, a Godfather deal came along that needed the Angry Elf as a piece moving the other way, then up comes Podzilla.

I bow to you Sir, much appreciated. I shall try my hardest to adhere to those afore mentioned rules. 
The rest I blame on spell check or anything else, that'll get me out of the slammer..

😂😂😂

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Sort of looks legit, however you would have thought there would have been more talk around.

Like the idea of the size though..

Making 3 mil next season.

Cant afford that for a bottom 6 player unless they figure he’s replacing Kuzmenko. 

If we’re trading assets it needs to be a legit top 6.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Tuch would be the best fit but that seems like a long shot to me, but would be awesome. 

image.thumb.png.f0bb3bd0a8da55ca62472578b3671c0d.png

most likely Olofsson will be dealt as a pending UFA.

maybe 3rd rounder + prospect?

3 hours ago, J-23 said:

I agree but if it results in an elite 1st line of Boeser - Pettersson - Miller and a good 2nd line of Garland - Trade - Kuzmenko. Then it’s something I would consider.

Joshua and Blueger have been good with and without Garland. I think they can keep the line going.

We will see what management does here but I think they are definitely trading for a top line winger or second line centre/winger very soon. In my opinion it should be a centre, but I trust management. They’ve been good at their job so far.

Yes that's a fair call amigo. 
The lotto line has been gold before and with Boeser and Petey a season or 2 older, (and Boeser finding his game again) they can only become even better, so yes could we find a 2C it would be good. The price though would be interesting... both to obtain the player as well as future cap issues. 
But like you say J, management have been immense so far, so I'm sure they'll leave no stone unturned to improve the team one way or another... 

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

interesting, never considered him. Yeah if he comes at that price that could work. 

His money might be too Long, Bob...Maybe we can package him for a Longer player such as Giraffe!?

Edited by Canuck You
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, Inkidu said:

If calling both or neither is more or less the same thing then I think most refs prefer no call if possible.  

I'm glad they did, but I think we have seen our fair share dodgy tefereeing over the years, to have our doubt about the refereeing 

I was surprised they didn't call a penalty, but obviously delighted as it would have put them on a 5v3.... it could have been costly. 

• Cheers 2